Trevor Lacey

ziggyg

• 7 months later...

He was back on campus again this weekend. Said visit "couldn't have gone better." Down to 4 teams - AU, UAT, Kansas and Kentucky. Decision expected after his Kentucky visit.

I hate to say it but at this point I just don't see how we can stack up against UK and KU.

In terms of basketball programs, I can see how we could be on the downside. Our campus and atmosphere may be the only thing keeping us in the race.

I hate to say it but at this point I just don't see how we can stack up against UK and KU.

In terms of basketball programs, I can see how we could be on the downside. Our campus and atmosphere may be the only thing keeping us in the race.

And the fact that he can blow away anyone on our current roster, so he wouldn't have to worry about PT at all.

AU can't.

Coach K spoke here at Lipscomb University a couple of weeks ago and during his sit down with the AD here in a Q&A type sitting he said he didn't really have to recruit much. He only offers the ones he truly wants. He doesn't offer 5 guys in hopes of getting 2 or 3 of them. He is going to offer the 2 or 3 he feels are the best and that's it. Duke pretty much gets the players they want, b/c of name now. The big time players are going to go there. I don't know about UK or KU, as to how they do things, but they pretty much don't lose a big time recruit that they want.

Trevor you can be a star and resurrect the Tiger program!!! Come on to the Plains!!

After visit to Auburn, prep basketball star Trevor Lacey keeping options opens, intentions quiet

By Evan Woodberry

AUBURN, Alabama -- Don't count Auburn out of the battle for top basketball prospect Trevor Lacey.

In fact, Lacey has told recruiting websites, don't count anyone out.

Lacey made a surprise trip to Auburn last Thursday to meet with coach Tony Barbee. The nationally recruited shooting guard from Butler High School in Huntsville said it wasn't merely a courtesy visit.

"I like the campus life and it has everything a player could want," Lacey told Auburn Undercover.com.

Tracking Lacey, the nation's top unsigned and uncommitted basketball player, has become constant fodder for Twitter and message boards.

He canceled a planned trip to Kansas this week, but is in Kentucky today, according to the Courier-Journal.

Some sites list May 17 as his targeted signing date. Others say he has no date in mind.

Kentucky, Kansas, Auburn and Alabama are all in the mix for Lacey's signature.

Lacey has now visited the three SEC schools and could take care of Kansas shortly. Then it's decision time.

"I'm thinking about it right now," he told the website. "I've been to Alabama and Auburn and once I go to Kentucky and Kansas I'll know which one was better. I'll be ready."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/05/after_visit_to_auburn_prep_bas.html

I got to see Trevor play live at my school, Hazel Green High. Trevor is a BALLER! He makes the game look so simple. It would be a dream come true to see him in some orange and blue. But, big but here, Trevor's grades are not very good, at all. The Huntsville Times did a story on that a few weeks ago. But hopefully his grades are just good enough to get into Auburn and he stays 3-4 years. Cause we all know, UK is a one a done school now.

:au:

I got to see Trevor play live at my school, Hazel Green High. Trevor is a BALLER! He makes the game look so simple. It would be a dream come true to see him in some orange and blue. But, big but here, Trevor's grades are not very good, at all. The Huntsville Times did a story on that a few weeks ago. But hopefully his grades are just good enough to get into Auburn and he stays 3-4 years. Cause we all know, UK is a one a done school now.

No offense, but after the smear campaign that was launched against Auburn with zero facts and evidence, I'm not really willing to accept something that was in a paper. I'm not saying its not true. There aren't many basketball or football players that will go on to be Doctors, but I'm not so willing and ready to accept a newspaper's account of anything.

No offense, but after the smear campaign that was launched against Auburn with zero facts and evidence, I'm not really willing to accept something that was in a paper. I'm not saying its not true. There aren't many basketball or football players that will go on to be Doctors, but I'm not so willing and ready to accept a newspaper's account of anything.

It wasn't only the newspaper, but many basketball players have also said the same. I don't know if its true or not, so I guess we will just have to wait and see when he decides to go somewhere and if he makes it there.

I read that the Trevor Lacey announcement is supposed to be today. Does anyone know what time?

haven't heard the time, but today is the last day he can sign and be eligible for 2011-2012 academic year.

Will he qualify?

If he committed to uat, they will do whatever is necessary to make him eligible.

Will he qualify?

If he committed to uat, they will do whatever is necessary to make him eligible.

He said at his press conference that he wouldn't be able to sign if he didn't qualify. dry.gif

Archived