Focus

oldman

I have a thought on all this. Now it has been many years since I played ball in high school but I would think that college players are even more focused than what I probably was. When I played and the practice or game started I did not have time for outside distractions to cause my play to suffer. My mind .body and soul was on what I was doing to the point that nothing else mattered. My "instincts " for lack of a better word took over. I mean most of the time I did not even know or care that there was a crowd , cheerleaders, or or anything else to distract me short of the place blowing up! Now I know our little high stadium or court is not the size of a major college facility but I believe once the whistle sounds the only thing that is gonna be on those young men's minds Saturday is AUBURN FOOTBALL and not all this other junk.

I can imagine athletes of their stature are even more focused. I remember my last game as a senior playing in front of 13,000 and I dont remember anything except playing the game.

Yeah, back in high school we would have crowds of 10-20,000 per game (Texas high school football = crazy), and I wouldn't even notice them when I was playing.

Cam's leadership is showing once again by him not being distracted, and the rest of the team is following his lead. Judging from the "extremely motivated" news from Malzahn, I'm hoping for our guys to cause a proverbial bloodbath on Saturday! :cheer:

Yeah, back in high school we would have crowds of 10-20,000 per game (Texas high school football = crazy), and I wouldn't even notice them when I was playing.

Cam's leadership is showing once again by him not being distracted, and the rest of the team is following his lead. Judging from the "extremely motivated" news from Malzahn, I'm hoping for our guys to cause a proverbial bloodbath on Saturday! :cheer:

Wow 20.000 fans our stadium(?) might even now hold 5,000 and most of those would be standing around the fence.

Archived