Cam doesn't appear on "Fox and Friends" for interview

jaredm2012

Is it too far fetched that he told them no and this is how they reacted to make him look worse? They couldn't do it on the show since he declined, so what the hey, try this, Cam Newton, you devil, puppy-kicking, kitten murderer.

That's a possibility, and I hope you're right. To say you'll be there and not show is stooping to their level.

There is NO comparison whatsoever between what they did to Cam and what he did to them. NONE

I didn't say there was a comparison. I said failing to meet a scheduled appointment would be sinking to their level. I stick by that assessment. Hopefully, he told them he wouldn't be on their POS show and this is how they reacted. To no-show when you said you'd be there is crappy.

Is it too far fetched that he told them no and this is how they reacted to make him look worse? They couldn't do it on the show since he declined, so what the hey, try this, Cam Newton, you devil, puppy-kicking, kitten murderer.

That's a possibility, and I hope you're right. To say you'll be there and not show is stooping to their level.

There is NO comparison whatsoever between what they did to Cam and what he did to them. NONE

I didn't say there was a comparison. I said failing to meet a scheduled appointment would be sinking to their level. I stick by that assessment. Hopefully, he told them he wouldn't be on their POS show and this is how they reacted. To no-show when you said you'd be there is crappy.

I still fail to see how any sane person could compare the two which is what you imply by stating it "would be sinking to their level". Slander is a crime, while not showing up is a faux pas.

The way I read this twitter feed, it sounds like they were complaining about Cam not agreeing to come on the show:

http://twitter.com/foxdavebriggs

Don't make me join the 100+ #Heisman voters who questioned Cam Newton's integrity @AUAthletics get him to the curvy couch please?

about 13 hours ago via Echofon

RT this Hey @AUAthletics @AuburnU get your #Heisman winner up & over to FOX & Friends to take his victory lap. We promised our viewers.

about 14 hours ago via Echofon

Hey @AUAthletics @AuburnU get your #Heisman winner Cam Newton up & over to FOX & Friends to take his victory lap. We promised our viewers.

#Heisman trophy winner Sam Bradford, Mark Ingram and several others before them sat on FOX & Friends curvy couch, come on #Cam

Anybody in #Heisman winner #Cam Newton camp? He's currently giving us the "stiff arm" and no-showing. Remember "Yes You Cam" we have 3 hrs

Drew, if you don't see it, you don't see it. I do see it. Something about being a man of your word.

Ok, I get it. If I lie to a murderer I am stooping to his level.

Drew, if you don't see it, you don't see it. I do see it. Something about being a man of your word.

Bad behavior is bad behavior. Someone else's bad behavior is no excuse for yours. It's really simple.

Bad behavior is bad behavior. Someone else's bad behavior is no excuse for yours. It's really simple.

Don't judge one of my player's "behavior" when you don't have all the facts. THAT is bad behavior and hypocrisy. So get off the soap box because you look like a fool. You need to get a life if you think Cam stooped to a low level by not attending an interview that you don't even know if he had said he would attend. I am sickened by some of the holier-than-thou attitudes of some of the people on here recently. We had a similar cry fest the night of the SEC Championship game because players put Cam on their shoulders. Pathetic.

There's this little thing called "degree" though. Not using your turn signal and murder are both bad behavior, but surely you wouldn't consider them to be equally awful.

There's this little thing called "degree" though. Not using your turn signal and murder are both bad behavior, but surely you wouldn't consider them to be equally awful.

Yes, and in THIS case, both behaviors suck. You really are over-reacting. This does not compare to turn signal vs. murder.

Considering that the one thing Cam has to fight against is his reputation, to behave in a poor manner is simply shooting himself in the foot and doing him, and Auburn, a disservice. Try putting things into perspective.

BTW, I don't think he was a no-show for anything he promised to do. I doubt he'd do something so classless. He's better than that. He's done nothing but act with INTEGRITY (despite how others behave) since this all blew up..and that's as it should be.

Yes, and in THIS case, both behaviors suck. You really are over-reacting. This does not compare to turn signal vs. murder.

Considering that the one thing Cam has to fight against is his reputation, to behave in a poor manner is simply shooting himself in the foot and doing him, and Auburn, a disservice. Try putting things into perspective.

BTW, I don't think he was a no-show for anything he promised to do. I doubt he'd do something so classless. He's better than that. He's done nothing but act with INTEGRITY (despite how others behave) since this all blew up..and that's as it should be.

The point in comparing the two was to highlight your overreaction. But this whole issue is silly anyway. Cam is keeping his Heisman, and in less than a month we should hopefully be having some roast duck. War Eagle!!

Don't judge one of my player's "behavior" when you don't have all the facts. THAT is bad behavior and hypocrisy. So get off the soap box because you look like a fool. You need to get a life if you think Cam stooped to a low level by not attending an interview that you don't even know if he had said he would attend. I am sickened by some of the holier-than-thou attitudes of some of the people on here recently. We had a similar cry fest the night of the SEC Championship game because players put Cam on their shoulders. Pathetic.

Every comment made about bad behavior and not keeping his word was made on the condition "IF" he promised to attend. You know that. Don't try to change the game.

The point in comparing the two was to highlight your overreaction. But this whole issue is silly anyway. Cam is keeping his Heisman, and in less than a month we should hopefully be having some roast duck. War Eagle!!

MY overreaction? I think you have me confused with someone else.

Every comment made about bad behavior and not keeping his word was made on the condition "IF" he promised to attend. You know that. Don't try to change the game.

I never once judged Cam's behavior. My problem is that there are people who actually defend the idea of bad behavior...because 'they' did it.

Cam's better than that.

I never once judged Cam's behavior. My problem is that there are people who actually defend the idea of bad behavior...because 'they' did it.

Cam's better than that.

Welcome to the board. You are surely going to contribute a lot of good talk about "behavior" every time a player farts or coughs. I look forward to some enthralling discussions. :rolleyes:

Archived