Pre-Oldschool-Aubie Aubie

War Eagle 96

18 hours ago, Tiger said:

This has been my avi for a while and it's one of my favorite Aubie renditions. It was my phone lock screen for a while too actually. I'd love to get a hat with this on it. Jive stick smokin' Aubie is the man

Slightly off topic, the Tigers Eyes logo is still really cool to me. I have a hat with that on it and I always get compliments on it from strangers (up here in NC), that ask what logo/team that is because they like it. I wish we would utilize it more, it's got a cool look to it IMO. I know it's been phased out though.

Yeah, the Terry Bowden influence got phased out quickly.

I actually liked the jerseys with the orange shadow numerals but apparently I was the only one.

On 2/17/2011 at 0:57 PM, aub_jw said:

I traced it in photoshop, doesn't look to bad imo. Instead of tracing the Auburn font, I just used another one.

auburnlogo.png

22 hours ago, logan adams said:

............................this is one of the first images when you Google 'Auburn old school logo'

I entered AU in the fall of 1957 and as most of you know it was API back then. I liked it when we became Auburn University because very few people referred to us as API. It was always Auburn to me even as a kid. My favorite decal, which I have on my golf cart, is the image above with the tiger doffing  a top hat and saying, "an Auburn man needs no introduction" . I thought it was a pretty classy  statement and really defines what we are. I think Johnson and Malone still have the decals which is where I got mine a few years ago. I don't know if the decal is still around but I hope it is. WDE!!!

7 minutes ago, Slammer1 said:

I entered AU in the fall of 1957 and as most of you know it was API back then. I liked it when we became Auburn University because very few people referred to us as API. It was always Auburn to me even as a kid. My favorite decal, which I have on my golf cart, is the image above with the tiger doffing  a top hat and saying, "an Auburn man needs no introduction" . I thought it was a pretty classy  statement and really defines what we are. I think Johnson and Malone still have the decals which is where I got mine a few years ago. I don't know if the decal is still around but I hope it is. WDE!!!

J&M still has them.  I stopped in a couple months ago during a football weekend and remember seeing it.

1 hour ago, Slammer1 said:

I had this on one of my golf bags

Archived