Ruh-roh. Peaches mortgage paid off in 2009...

TitanTiger

facbdbbb8fcb17672066097d02441532_peacheswinstonmortgagestatement.jpg

Official Doc: Winston Mortgage Paid Off In 2009

On April 7, Auburn Rivals website (AuburnSports.com) Publisher Jeffrey Lee reported allegations that suggested NCAA violations may have occurred during the recruitment of University of Alabama football signee Brent Calloway...

...On April 12, Jonathan Willis of the FRANKLIN (AL) COUNTY TIMES reported comments made by Winston in response to Lee's allegations:

Winston and Woodruff denied all allegations that anything improper took place during Calloway's recruitment.

"My mortgage has been paid off for 15 years," said Winston.

An official Franklin County, Alabama, Probate Office public document may suggest otherwise...

http://www.sportsbyb...f-in-2009-29634

Winston obviously got his dates confused.... 15 years vs 17 months.... who is counting anyway???

:rolleyes:

BTW only one piece of the puzzle is now missing before some one is potentially in some serious s***. Question becomes, who "financed" the payoff?

So, here are the lies I have so far.

Peaches says mortgage was paid off 15 years ago, but it was more like 17 months ago.

Woodruff said Brent never saw the car. Cecil Hurt said Brent had the car for 3 days.

Brent said Auburn sign three runningbacks, but they only signed 1.

Did I miss anything?

So, here are the lies I have so far.

Peaches says mortgage was paid off 15 years ago, but it was more like 17 months ago.

Woodruff said Brent never saw the car. Cecil Hurt said Brent had the car for 3 days.

Brent said Auburn sign three runningbacks, but they only signed 1.

Did I miss anything?

That's got it ... so far.

Could it be a second mortgage?

Could be. Anyone know how long Peaches has lived in this home?

Peaches also owns 4 or 5 rental houses. Maybe someone paid off one of those he got behind on? I find it hard to believe that with an accusation of a mortgage payoff hanging out there that Peaches would pipe up to say he paid his mortgage off 15 years ago and fail to mention this one that was paid off about 18 months ago.

Does it matter?

The original Peaches quote in the SBB link is:

“My mortgage has been paid off for 15 years,” said Winston.

Not "My house", not "My residence". The comments posted after the SBB article are fixated on the question of whther it's his residence or his rental property. So is it okay to pay off a rental house to entice a player to your school, just not okay to pay off a residence?

All he said was "mortgage"--that could include a 2nd mortgage, an office, a rental, a residence, or a vacant lot. Even if he did pay off some mortgage 15 years ago, it seems at least a little disengenious/deceptive to refer to a 15-year-old mortgage payoff but conveniently fail to mention one paid off less than two months after your son committed, particularly when it's obvious the more recent one is the one in controversy.

Does it matter?

The original Peaches quote in the SBB link is:

“My mortgage has been paid off for 15 years,” said Winston.

Not "My house", not "My residence". The comments posted after the SBB article are fixated on the question of whther it's his residence or his rental property. So is it okay to pay off a rental house to entice a player to your school, just not okay to pay off a residence?

All he said was "mortgage"--that could include a 2nd mortgage, an office, a rental, a residence, or a vacant lot. Even if he did pay off some mortgage 15 years ago, it seems at least a little disengenious/deceptive to refer to a 15-year-old mortgage payoff but conveniently fail to mention one paid off less than two months after your son committed, particularly when it's obvious the more recent one is the one in controversy.

I guess what I was thinking is that it appears that mortgage was only for about 9 years and would have been a pretty good chunk of change depending on how much the original mortgage was. I suppose it really doesn't matter and you are right. 15 years isn't even close to 17 months and it doesn't matter what house it was for.

Bad liars.

They're slipping.... after all don't they have 13 Tall Tale Trophies at last count??? :)

Oh, it would be sweet revenge for all of their crap over the past 8 months, to see them get toasted by the NCAA over this.

JHMO but this "existing relationship" nonsense stuff is going to come back to bite them. Isn't it essentially already admitting guilt? The NCAA is hot on the trail of 'handlers' - if that's not what Woodruff is, please give me a better example. And if so, it may just be a matter of connecting a few remaining dots.

It's just an old dude who befriends high school boys. That's all. Nothing weird or sketchy about that at all...

:roflol:

JHMO but this "existing relationship" nonsense stuff is going to come back to bite them. Isn't it essentially already admitting guilt? The NCAA is hot on the trail of 'handlers' - if that's not what Woodruff is, please give me a better example. And if so, it may just be a matter of connecting a few remaining dots.

If Mark Komara can be shoehorned into being considered an Auburn booster/athletics representative, then Woodruff is overqualified for the slot.

It's just an old dude who befriends high school boys. That's all. Nothing weird or sketchy about that at all...

Michael Jackson would have liked your perspective on this matter.

If Mark Komara can be shoehorned into being considered an Auburn booster/athletics representative, then Woodruff is overqualified for the slot.

That is brilliant, Titan. Really. What if the Komara relationship was the litmus?

My thinking here is that Peaches is the "handler". Brent is the fourth promising athlete that Peaches has fostered or adopted, whichever it is. The fostered/adopted distinction has been hard to verify.

Admittedly, becoming a foster or adoptive parent is an innovative way of of becoming someone's handler, but there's a first for everything. You gotta' admit that Peaches has an eye for talent. Of course, if a kid is like Brent Calloway and is starting for his high school team while an 8th grader it's a rather safe bet that he'll be a prospect in four years.

Woodruff, to invoke the existing relationship thing would have to have known Calloway before he became a prospect. A kid starting in the 8th grade, which is before Woodruff met Calloway, is certainly a prospect. At least that's how I rule on it.

Once again, UAT is staring down the barrel!

I understand that "Peaches' has adopted other kids who got athletic scholarships? Who are the other kids and where did they go to school. Knowing that might uncover an interesting pattern.

Who is paying for all the legal work for these adoptions? Is Peaches wealthy enough to pay for these on his own?

Archived