WBB Loss of Morgan Toles

nodakst

With Morgan Toles not returning, who steps up in the point guard position and what does the starting lineup look like?

My prediction on lineup (nd there are a lot of unknowns in this)are:

Jr. Najat Quardad

Sr. Parrisha Simmons

Sr. Blanche Alverson

Sr. Chantel Hilliard

Jr. Jasany Williams or Tyrese Tanner

That's a tall team and one that has the best liklihood of generating points (which may be hard to come by next season). I suspect Morgan Jennings and Williams or Tanner (whichever doesn't start) will be the primary players rotating in off the bench. Not certain how Glymph and Strain will contribute and the same for Peyton Davis.

I see this as being a year where the team significantly struggles in the conference. A lower tier finish along with Alabama, Miss State. and Ole Miss appears likley. Nell has to bring in some quality recruits.

Any newcomers have a chance to provide some help this year?

Any newcomers have a chance to provide some help this year?

I think Ouardad, the transfer pg is likely to contribute right away....that's just a guess.

• 1 month later...

I'm very disappointed in the progress this team has (not) made under Nell Fortner. Once the surprising bonanza of Bonner, Boddie & co. graduated there have been no players recruited that can do more than be also-rans in the SEC.

I've expressed that thought before to much booing, but the win-loss records do not lie. If what we want from this program at Auburn is to win about 40% of the SEC games, make a good impression around town and have athletes that don't get into trouble, Nell is fine.

If we'd like a team that has a chance to return to the great days of the Joe Champi coached Auburn teams, we need new leadership.

The seat is warming and this season could spark the fire you want.

I'm very disappointed in the progress this team has (not) made under Nell Fortner. Once the surprising bonanza of Bonner, Boddie & co. graduated there have been no players recruited that can do more than be also-rans in the SEC.

I've expressed that thought before to much booing, but the win-loss records do not lie. If what we want from this program at Auburn is to win about 40% of the SEC games, make a good impression around town and have athletes that don't get into trouble, Nell is fine.

If we'd like a team that has a chance to return to the great days of the Joe Champi coached Auburn teams, we need new leadership.

And it's an SEC that over the last two years, hasn't been up to the calibre of other super conferences. Only Tennessee, Kentucky, and Vandy have been strong over the last two years and Vandy, traditionally a strong team, is looking questionable this year. Outside of Tennessee, Kentucky and LSU, recruiting is down in the league and Van ran the LSu program into the ground.

That said, Nell stated in an article this week that she likes the sophomore class Tyrese Tanner and Jassany Williams and she thinks the two incoming players (the point guard transfer Ouardad and true frosh Hasina Muhhammed) are going to help get this team back to the NCAAs. We'll have to see how much of this is coach speak.

• 1 month later...

Glymph and Davis have been working hard in the off season. I am expecting both of them to start and to bring a lot to this team. I'm not impressed with Nell's coaching but I think that this year the team is ready to win some games.

• 3 months later...

Archived