Phillip Lutzenkirchen

sam

Lutz's strip on Trotter's interception was the MO shift we needed to win this game. Very reminiscent of AC's iron bowl play. And of course, Lutz scores on the exact same play he did in the iron bowl as well. WDE!!!

Go back and look at the tackle that Lutz made on the interception on the fake field goal. He threw his club in there trying to knock the ball out then too, I am surprised he didn't dislocate Ingram's shoulder with the lick.

WDE

Lutz is a gamer, no doubt. His strip after the INT was HUGE! His fumble almost cost us the game though. Another foot and the fumble would have gone out of bounds and it is SC ball on the 20 and the game is over. You can't say we don't make things exciting!!

Go back and look at the tackle that Lutz made on the interception on the fake field goal. He threw his club in there trying to knock the ball out then too, I am surprised he didn't dislocate Ingram's shoulder with the lick.

WDE

Go back and look at this play. From where I was sitting, if Lutz doesn't make the tackle, Melvin puts USC into good field position with time on the clock before half. What a hustle player! I'll do my quick game analysis later and Lutz will be a huge part of it.

WDE

Go back and look at this play. From where I was sitting, if Lutz doesn't make the tackle, Melvin puts USC into good field position with time on the clock before half. What a hustle player! I'll do my quick game analysis later and Lutz will be a huge part of it.

I watched this again, and if Lutz doesn't make the tackle, there's a VERY good chance it becomes a pick-6. Melvin Ingram showed some speed and moves with the ball against Georgia, and he had several blockers around him. It looked like Ryan Smith, who threw the ball, was the only other guy with a shot at catching him. That was our FG team on the field -- not a lot of speedsters to run him down.

Archived