Any News on T.Bell

AubieG

Total guess but based on the hit, it looks like he tore his ACL at best. He was crying on the sideline and left the field on crutches after Andrews looked at him.

I say at best because ACL injuries typically present with other damage as well--MCL and/or cartilage damage.

I damaged the cartilage in my knee, ripped in three places, it is season ending but not career ending (unless he is a seinor.)

I feel terrible for him, I hope he has a quick and speedy recovery.

It isn't the cartilage in and of itself that's the issue; it's the cartilage in concert with other injuries, ACL, MCL, for example, it makes recovery way worse

Gene Chizik says CB T'Sharvan Bell out for rest of year with knee injury. Will have surgery this week.

@AUBlog

Information not divulged. RT @BigDavidMullins: what was T Bell's injury, exactly? Torn ACL? Broke something?

@HABOTN

Based on what I saw during the play and his reaction afterwards I would highly suspect he has a Torn ACL at minimum and possibly cartlidge damage. I hate it for the young man. I'm one month out from my surgery from a torn ACL with cartlidge damage and it sucks not being able to do some of the activities I love to do.

I really hate if for T'Sharvan. Bottom line, he's probably not playing next year. Even if it's the best case scenario (torn ACL only), he's got about eight months to rehab before he loses next year. If he's not able to get on the field during fall practice (August), he won't play during the season. He's going to have a decision to make about whether he should take a medical redshirt and play in 2013 or just call it a career. I hope I'm wrong, but with a major injury this late in the year, time just isn't on his side.

I really hate if for T'Sharvan. Bottom line, he's probably not playing next year. Even if it's the best case scenario (torn ACL only), he's got about eight months to rehab before he loses next year. If he's not able to get on the field during fall practice (August), he won't play during the season. He's going to have a decision to make about whether he should take a medical redshirt and play in 2013 or just call it a career. I hope I'm wrong, but with a major injury this late in the year, time just isn't on his side.

If it is JUST ACL he will progress to straight line running in 3 months or so, once the screws take hold, the graft will die down and regrow quickly. He could easily play next year, but he won't be the same player.

MCL injury won't make it that much worse, the wild card is any cartilage involvement. His surgery is early this week, without cartilage damage he will be off crutches in a week or two tops. Then it is just a matter of how bad he wants it and how high his pain tolerance is.

Of course, those estimates change drastically with any cartilage or other joint damage/involvement

If he played a position that had leeway in how much lateral movement you need (WR for example), I could see it. If he doesn't have full lateral movement, he won't get a snap as a CB. It's not just a position you can play without quicks. Davis, Mincy, White, Whitehead, Therezie... all of those guys would move ahead of him on the peaking order.

Like I said, I hope I'm wrong (and thanks for the additional information). I just think this is a particualarly difficult position to make a fast return.

T-Bell has successful surgery

By Charles Goldberg

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn defensive back T'Sharvan Bell had successful knee surgery Thursday and, though lost for the rest of the season, came away in good spirits, Auburn coach Gene Chizik reported on his Tiger Talk radio show.

Chizik said he'll miss the player who's tied for the team lead in interceptions and tied for fourth in tackles.

"We're looking for leaders on our team, and unfortunately we don't have a lot of older guys who can fit that bill, but he's one that has really tried to assume that role," Chizik said.

Because of that, the injury "was very difficult for him," Chizik said. "But he's handled it great. He's in great spirits today."

Bell suffered the injury in last week's 45-7 loss to Georgia.

Though Auburn was expected to pick Bell's replacement today, Chizik said he's still considering Jermaine Whitehead, Jonathon Mincy, Jonathon Rose and Robenson Therezie.

"They'll all play, some more than others. But as we always say, 'next guy up,'" Chizik said.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/11/auburn_notebook_t-bell_has_suc.html

God Bless T'Bell...he is an Auburn man he needs our prayers and 100% support. Would love to see him back on the field in some capacity next year. He's worked extremely hard to get starts. I wish him the speediest of recoveries.

I can never forget the blitz and sack against Bama that sealed their doom last year...TBell will always get my support.

HATE that for him he is a good player and a good guy for us

We been watching the same #22 all year?

wow. what a douche bag response. One of OUR players gets injured and you take a shot at him? Clearly you haven't been watching Auburn play much this year. I mean, how else could you come up with such an ignorant post?

You're entitled to your opinion as I am mine. I will say no more.

Thank you for that!

Omac wore number 22 for a reason yesterday. Just like when Zac got hurt. And, you guys know how I feel about bashing my Tigers. Under no circumstance is it acceptable to kick a player, or athlete, especially when they are down. :no:And for that matter anyone. Leave that for the Bammers, because we have more class than that. At least most of us do.

Archived