Auburn vs Seton Hall Thread

Auburnfan91

We're playing sloppy right now. Turnovers and not getting back on defense.

Seton Hall leads 16-7 with 13:42 in the 1st half.

Well we played better on offense but we're getting killed by three's. We're going to have to play better defense in the 2nd half and rebound.

Seton Hall leads 38-31 at halftime.

If they cool down from the outside,maybe we can make a run and have a good chance of winning.

We just can't seem to cut into the lead.

Seton Hall leads 54-44 with 11:46 left in the 2nd half.

Bad loss. Seton Hall really is not considered a very good basketball team. If you listen to Barbee the players dont care. Not sure what is going on but after watching that last night, same old same old. Starting to think AU football will make it back to the BCS Title game before the Hoops team gets an NCAA Bid.

Barbee didn't say the players don't care, he said they don't get it...yet. He tried to prepare them for the big step up in competition they were about to have. Playing a mid-tier Big East team in basketball is like playing the SEC in football. Even their so-so teams are a step above most others.

Glad this happened now. Points out exactly what Barbee has been saying to the team. Hopefully they will have a better understanding of what it takes to win against good opponents. Seton Hall played the kind of defense Barbee wants to play.

I have to say that was the most frustrating game I have ever seen. The way the team played, not getting rebounds, not guarded the outside, etc...was so frustrating. I think that was the most 2-3 zone we've played all year. Hopefully playing a tough team is just what this team needed. Playing teams like Nicholls St and UAPB are how you pad stats. Playing teams like Seton Hall are how you build a team.

Archived