Auburn playing LSU tonight

WarTiger

fake tigers lead 34-27 at the half, but Frankie Sullivan just ended the half on a great note for Auburn. Auburn in-bounded the ball after an lsu basket and the clock running under 5 seconds. He takes a few dribbles and launches it from about 5 feet from the division line (in the backcourt) and banks it in off the glass. They reviewed it to make sure it counted and he released it with at .3 left on the game clock. Maybe it will get us going for the 2nd half. We can win this game.

We have got to find some defense for their free-throw and extended free-throw jump shots. On the offensive side, we have got to got to got to get some rebounds and put up some second chance shots. After rebounding Kentucky, this should not be happening...

Hopefully Frankie's buzzer beater (and Barbee) will light a fire in this team.

Tigers have opened the second half on a 10-0 run and lead the fake tigers 37-34. Sullivan has hit SIX three's so far and is just burying it tonight.

Tigers down 3 with 21 seconds to play. They take it down the floor off a missed free throw and gabriel tries the 3 and misses...offensive rebound, sullivan for 3 - misses, offensive rebound, Varez Ward for 3..>GOOOD!!! .2 seconds to play....game tied at 56....FREE BASKETBALL....as we go to OVERTIME.

Mental lapses continue to plague this team. As long as they keep making those types of mistakes, they will continue to fail to finish games like we've seen so far in SEC play. Players seem to take the night off too often as well. Talent is there for the most part, but I'm still not impressed with Barbee's leadership yet.

Terrible overtime period. Atleast four turnovers, and what, three offensive fouls? Yea, that will lead to two points...Used up all our luck in regulation. Let's just hope S. Carolina gives this team the BIG shot of confidence they did last year. Someone go steal Chubb's shoes!!

Terrible overtime period. Atleast four turnovers, and what, three offensive fouls? Yea, that will lead to two points...Used up all our luck in regulation. Let's just hope S. Carolina gives this team the BIG shot of confidence they did last year. Someone go steal Chubb's shoes!!

Yep, four straight turnovers in overtime will kill it every time. With just a little self control we could have won this one.

Yep, four straight turnovers in overtime will kill it every time. With just a little self control we could have won this one.

34.9% FG (22-63), 25% 3's (6-24) all Frankie's, 13 Turnovers, 53.3% FT (8-15)

I hate to kick a guy while he's down, but Chubb has GOT to learn to hold on to the ball. His post up game is the worst in the history of basketball. STUPID foul 11 seconds in. But it just wasnt Chubb tonight (as much as I wish it was). KG was COLD! FOUR straight airballs, giving the 40 LSU fans plenty of reason to start AIRBALL! chants. Where was Chris Denson?! What's the deal with Allen Payne? Why didn't Noel Johnson play at all? Why did Kouassi play four minutes? Adrian Forbes has been a charge master, I have no idea why he wasn't in late when charging the lane is all LSU did.

:rant:

Mental lapses continue to plague this team. As long as they keep making those types of mistakes, they will continue to fail to finish games like we've seen so far in SEC play. Players seem to take the night off too often as well. Talent is there for the most part, but I'm still not impressed with Barbee's leadership yet.

I disagree on the talent part. We have a few nice players but the majority of players would be more suited to play at a lower division and that's being generous, and we still don't have that go to guy who can take over a game or get his own shot by himself. The caliber of players in the program has got to raise up several levels.

This team would very good with just one guy that is going to be a solid NBA player, but as of right now the team is full of role players. Think like, a Marquis Daniels-less team when we went to the Sweet 16 and lost to Carmelo's Syracuse by 1 point (Can't remember the year exactly, 2005?)...without Daniels that team is in the same boat as this team is in. Also if Chub can make a big leap for his senior year it would be great.

I disagree on the talent part. We have a few nice players but the majority of players would be more suited to play at a lower division and that's being generous, and we still don't have that go to guy who can take over a game or get his own shot by himself. The caliber of players in the program has got to raise up several levels.

I agree with this. Some talent, but not a lot. One guy you can consider a real scoring threat the others not so much. I thought we would get more out of the transfer from TX, but just seems out of control most of the time and takes ill advised shots (I know he hit the one at the end of the game). In bad need of strong low post players that can score and rebound.

This team would very good with just one guy that is going to be a solid NBA player, but as of right now the team is full of role players. Think like, a Marquis Daniels-less team when we went to the Sweet 16 and lost to Carmelo's Syracuse by 1 point (Can't remember the year exactly, 2005?)...without Daniels that team is in the same boat as this team is in. Also if Chub can make a big leap for his senior year it would be great.

It was 2003 the last time we went to the NCAA Tournament.

I think the Josh Wallace should get more playing time. It seems like he's our best guard behind Frankie Sullivan that can score.

34.9% FG (22-63), 25% 3's (6-24) all Frankie's, 13 Turnovers, 53.3% FT (8-15)

I hate to kick a guy while he's down, but Chubb has GOT to learn to hold on to the ball. His post up game is the worst in the history of basketball. STUPID foul 11 seconds in. But it just wasnt Chubb tonight (as much as I wish it was). KG was COLD! FOUR straight airballs, giving the 40 LSU fans plenty of reason to start AIRBALL! chants. Where was Chris Denson?! What's the deal with Allen Payne? Why didn't Noel Johnson play at all? Why did Kouassi play four minutes? Adrian Forbes has been a charge master, I have no idea why he wasn't in late when charging the lane is all LSU did.

:rant:

Chubb and our other bigs give the ball away in the low post. If you fire a bounce pass into Chubbs in the low post 50 percent chance he losses it. Very frustrating.

Stupid turnoves, lack of understanding to VALUE each possession. Very frustrating.

Sidenote again Trent Johnson and LSU are idiots. Why the bleep ANY coach every EVEN allows a game tying 3 point shot up three with 15 seconds or less left I have no idea. You foul in that situation 100% of the time. Poor coaching.

Chubb and our other bigs give the ball away in the low post. If you fire a bounce pass into Chubbs in the low post 50 percent chance he losses it. Very frustrating.

Stupid turnoves, lack of understanding to VALUE each possession. Very frustrating.

Agree that we are way too sloppy with the ball. Too many unforced turnovers in the half court, and poor decision-making generally by our primary ballhandlers. I think I understand why Ward (and not Wallace) gets most of the minutes at the point, but he's got to start producing consistently. He's been a disaster shooting the ball, but I could live with that if I felt like he was getting us into a good offensive flow. I love Gabriel's effort, but he needs to be more than a jump shooter in the half court; the Chubb-Forbes-Gabriel lineup creates opportunities for him against smaller players, and he needs to take advantage.

I agree that Chubb struggles with turnovers, but it's not all his fault. Too many times, he gets good position, but the entry pass hits him in the feet. Feeding the post is a lost and underrated art; like a lot of teams, we don't do it real well.

Archived