Wow...

jared52

There's a major flaw with your argument: I doubt there's an Alabama fan that cares enough about basketball to do this.

I don't doubt it at all. If it walks, talks, looks and smells like bamzo, it's probably a bamzo.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd think the 2 UA's should be the worried ones here. Why are those 2 games being scrutinized? Is someone associated with 2 those schools involved?

Of course, I thought that MSU would eventually feel the hammer in the Kenny Rogers/Cecil Newton episode!! So much for my logic!!

I agree UAT and any SEC school that we seemed to have lost to due to erratic play by a certain AU player needs to worry. It's not the NCAA this time, it's the FBI.

The difference with this is that the FBI can get court orders and can require statements from players and whomever provided the money. If they lie to the FBI, they can be taken to Federal court just on that alone and may go to jail. And people will cut deals to stay out of jail and provide names..........

I would be very surprised if players provide evidence on anyone other than Ward. Spending a few years in Jail would be better than ratting on someone in organized crime.

Organized crime is not involved with this. There was no betting "swing". Colin Cowherd and several others have done some rather thorough analysis and research and their conclusion is gambling is not involved.

So if nobody made any money gambling and Ward intentionally goofed up in one game, who benefited by paying him? The same people that poison trees, edit videos of assistant coaches' wives and teabag passed out college students benefit. As noted in the previous sentence, this sort of thing is well within their moral code of conduct.

Some bammer or group of bammers paid Ward to guarantee a UAT win over Auburn. If the Arkansas game was a trial run, it demonstrated that Ward simply claiming injury and sitting out wasn't good enough, Auburn nearly won that game without Ward playing. To assure a bammer win, Ward had to play and actually screw up. That's what he did, repeatedly.

When these guys are caught, I fully expect the bammer fan base to make heroes out of them, just as they have Updyke, the Phillips guy that edited the tape and the teabagger in New Orleans. Any other fan base would be humiliated by these clowns, the bamzos claim them as heroes.

OK, if Arkansas was a trial run, then maybe the Bama game was the next step. Say someone bet $500 on the game for the second trail run. Is this this possible? I say yes. I don't think Ward would have been recruiting another teammate if the grand scheme of this was to lose to Bama. However, if there was money to be made he may have done so. Also, when I say organized crime, I'm not talking the traditional Mob that most people talk about. It could easily be people Ward knows from Montgomery. Remember Robert Baker and his drug arrest for selling cocaine? One of the coaches at the time told me Baker lost a bunch of money at Victoryland and borrowed money from the wrong people to keep gambling. In order to repay his debt they had him selling cocaine. The Dolphins knew this kid was not a drug dealer and therefor gave him a shot after he did his prison time. If Ward owed money to the wrong people I can see the reason behind the scheme.

Fed criminal grand jury transcripts & info (the step that follows DOJ's analysis of the FBI investigative info) are almost always forever sealed from everybody, including the media (except other courts needing to know) so BSPN will need to make it up as they go along as usual. Point shaving by an athlete is one of the hardest cases to prove anywhere, basically the prosecutors need to prove this was not the horrible games that even the great athletes have now & then. Admissions are critical. Successful point shaving cases are extremely rare and even reading his own school's forum, Ward's already been convicted. May be more out there, may not be, but we won't necessarily ever know what it is.

And for those thinking "organized crime" can not be part of this investigation, this has all the appearances of a fed RICO investigation.

There's a major flaw with your argument: I doubt there's an Alabama fan that cares enough about basketball to do this.

I don't doubt it at all. If it walks, talks, looks and smells like bamzo, it's probably a bamzo.

Besides, it makes ZERO difference whether uat fans care enough about basketball. All that matters is another way to hurt Auburn. Basketball just happens to be the current platform. Everybody (uaters included) know that's the bottom line and the ONLY agenda that uat has.

And for those thinking "organized crime" can not be part of this investigation, this has all the appearances of a fed RICO investigation.

Maybe the investigation has that appearance, but there was no gambling "shift" in the spread. Organized crime would not get involved in a point shaving scheme and then bet $500. Had they been involved, the betting amounts would have been enough to shift the spread.

Archived