Wow...

jared52

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how the school would be punished if true.

Just sickening though.

WOW...That pretty much explains the suspension and I would imagine that Ward's career at Auburn is DONE...

sounds like Auburn officials have handled it the right way. Of course, it won't matter at all with public opinion because the will jump to the same ridiculous conclusions they did with the Cam Newton situation.

I'm amazed. Point-shaving on a pretty bad basketball team?

At lease the NCAA thoroughly cleared the football team. I assume the FBI will take the lid off the entire athletic department with their investigation. I assume we're still fine. Can't punish the school for acting accordingly

If he's found guilty, I honestly think it's a raw deal for Auburn. I'm sure the NCAA will punish Auburn, but I think that's unfair. It's clear that the second they found out there might be something up, they sat the kid. You can't be blamed for some knucklehead doing something like this on his own.

Oh and...there's a special place in sports hell for players who shave points. Especially in rivalry games.

I'm hoping that because of the prompt response by Auburn, not only suspending him immediately but calling the FBI and NCAA right away, that there won't be any punishment.

Further (funny) upside: Unlike bammers that claim Fran threw the '02 Iron Bowl, we can actually say that they only won that game against us because one of our starters literally threw the game. :)

Auburn won't be punished if he is found guilty...... Auburn reported the allegations and acted accordingly. If anything, I say kudos to the Auburn officials.

Jeez, just one thing after another. Don't expect much to come out of it though as it appears the athletic department acted promptly and correctly in the situation.

Surprised to see it at Auburn just because of the caliber of the team and would not be surprised if this was very common in college basketball period.

I agree with WarAJEagle. From what that article says, the second Auburn heard concerns from another player, they reported them. I don't see Auburn getting punished.

But it's nice to know that people don't think we're that bad....we just pretend to be that bad. rolleyes.gif

I agree with WarAJEagle. From what that article says, the second Auburn heard concerns from another player, they reported them. I don't see Auburn getting punished.

But it's nice to know that people don't think we're that bad....we just pretend to be that bad. rolleyes.gif

I can't wait to hear Finebaum on this one. "Pawl, I told yous, AwBarn is that cheats!"

I can't for the life of me understand the knee jerk reactions from many of you who think Auburn is going to get in trouble for hearing a rumor, calling up the FBI, NCAA, and SEC, suspending the two players thought to be involved (the FBI cleared Denson) as a part of self reporting an incident.

Sorry to "rant", but dang......:blink:

I can't wait to hear Finebaum on this one. "Pawl, I told yous, AwBarn is that cheats!"

Do what I do....never listen to the fool! :thumbsup:

I may be nitpicking here but after all the Cam Newton stuff last year it may be warranted. The headline on ESPN about all this is "FBI eyes Auburn for shaving points". While that may be technically true, it makes it appear as if the whole team is doing something wrong. Not fair to all the players who have done nothing wrong and may have been betrayed by their own teammate. Again, maybe nitpicking but I don't trust ESPN after all they did last year.

It is not nitpicking,I noticed the same thing. But as I was reminded that is how a tease headline works. Still ESPN has never cared about being fair to Auburn.

I may be nitpicking here but after all the Cam Newton stuff last year it may be warranted. The headline on ESPN about all this is "FBI eyes Auburn for shaving points". While that may be technically true, it makes it appear as if the whole team is doing something wrong. Not fair to all the players who have done nothing wrong and may have been betrayed by their own teammate. Again, maybe nitpicking but I don't trust ESPN after all they did last year.

Well, we all know ESPN (and the rest of the media idiots) can't let actual facts get in the way of anything. They see an opportunity to write an anti-Auburn piece and they will. The fact that we didn't see one retraction article written after we were cleared completely by the NCAA should tell you something. I mean, NOT ONE article where someone admitted they were completely and totally WRONG. When this gets dealt with and assuming its only Varez Ward involved, and Auburn is proven to handle everything correctly and not get penalized by the NCAA or anybody else, there won't be a retraction article then either.

Ward played so horribly bad against Alabama in our home game that I understand why a rumor would have started. He continually drove the lane and just handed the ball to the opponent or threw it out of bounds.

Ward played so horribly bad against Alabama in our home game that I understand why a rumor would have started. He continually drove the lane and just handed the ball to the opponent or threw it out of bounds.

Going back and watching the tape..... I think the allegations are right.

My brother and I went to the Alabama game and I remember us discussing how in the world he was playing that bad.

Archived