Wow...

jared52

If this is true, there can be prison sentences. Arizona state had players involved with gambling back in 1994.

Normally the only NCAA action is to strip the player involved of any remining college sports eligibility.

This could lead to other schools and players. Gambling does not target just one player or school..

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/dec/06/sports/sp-61336

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gambling didn't have to target Ward. All Ward had to do was call his friendly neighborhood bookie, take UAT while giving the points, play like crap and then tell someone else about it.

In any case, there will be no problems for AU out of this, despite the wishful thinking of our resident bamzos.

Been out of it, and am waking up to this... would explain much, if true, but man.

Gambling didn't have to target Ward. All Ward had to do was call his friendly neighborhood bookie, take UAT while giving the points, play like crap and then tell someone else about it.

In any case, there will be no problems for AU out of this, despite the wishful thinking of our resident bamzos.

If there are no problems for AU, then I know for sure there will be nothing that comes out of the T-Town menswear story. Even if some games for AU have to be vacated, I guess it won't really matter.

If there are no problems for AU, then I know for sure there will be nothing that comes out of the T-Town menswear story. Even if some games for AU have to be vacated, I guess it won't really matter.

And you base this on what? Bammer confidence? Assuming the two allegations are in any way similar? NCAA precedent? (See Ohio State tatoos--much more similar to T-Town Mensware):

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/03/fbi_questioning_suspended_aubu.html

Based on NCAA precedent in past point-shaving cases, Auburn would be unlikely to face any institutional penalties if it reported the information promptly.

Wow, there's looking at life through crimson colored glasses.

:roflol:

Are all bamzos this stupid or are we here at this forum just incredibly unlucky?

There is nothing going to happen either way but I bet you guys really didn't want to hear this news and y'all will be glued to this story until it goes away.

There is nothing going to happen either way but I bet you guys really didn't want to hear this news and y'all will be glued to this story until it goes away.

Perfect example of what I was talking about in my previous post.

Are all bamzos this stupid or are we here at this forum just incredibly unlucky?

You calling someone stupid. Hah. Takes one to know one I guess.

As far as all this point shaving stuff goes...well I don't believe it one bit. Auburn only recruits players with class. So, it can't be true.

Even Charles "Doomsday" Robinson from Yahoo Sports says Auburn won't suffer any NCAA problems because they handled it "perfectly." So we can put that one to bed right now.

Kudos to the teammate who went to the coaches, the coaches for turning this in to the right people, and the athletic department for taking decisive action. In my memory point shaving incidences rarely result in sanctions against the school.

I'd think the 2 UA's should be the worried ones here. Why are those 2 games being scrutinized? Is someone associated with 2 those schools involved?

Of course, I thought that MSU would eventually feel the hammer in the Kenny Rogers/Cecil Newton episode!! So much for my logic!!

I'd think the 2 UA's should be the worried ones here. Why are those 2 games being scrutinized? Is someone associated with 2 those schools involved?

Of course, I thought that MSU would eventually feel the hammer in the Kenny Rogers/Cecil Newton episode!! So much for my logic!!

I agree UAT and any SEC school that we seemed to have lost to due to erratic play by a certain AU player needs to worry. It's not the NCAA this time, it's the FBI.

The difference with this is that the FBI can get court orders and can require statements from players and whomever provided the money. If they lie to the FBI, they can be taken to Federal court just on that alone and may go to jail. And people will cut deals to stay out of jail and provide names..........

I see the Aubcessed stalkers have all returned. Thread makes me appreciate all these Iowa, Wisconsin, ND alumns I've met. Better class of people and makes the weather tolerable.

I agree UAT and any SEC school that we seemed to have lost to due to erratic play by a certain AU player needs to worry. It's not the NCAA this time, it's the FBI.

The difference with this is that the FBI can get court orders and can require statements from players and whomever provided the money. If they lie to the FBI, they can be taken to Federal court just on that alone and may go to jail. And people will cut deals to stay out of jail and provide names..........

The only reason another school would need to be concerned would be if a booster of that school paid our player to shave points.

I don't think that is alleged here. I believe the allegation is that the point shaving for done just for gambling purposes.

The only reason another school would need to be concerned would be if a booster of that school paid our player to shave points.

I don't think that is alleged here. I believe the allegation is that the point shaving for done just for gambling purposes.

Or if the bookie has multiple players at multiple universities and turns them over (if is turned over himself). Then those universities would fall into the investigation and could have to forfeit games. Or worse if a coaching staff was proven to have knowledge of the situation but did not turn it over.

I would be very surprised if players provide evidence on anyone other than Ward. Spending a few years in Jail would be better than ratting on someone in organized crime.

Even Charles "Doomsday" Robinson from Yahoo Sports says Auburn won't suffer any NCAA problems because they handled it "perfectly." So we can put that one to bed right now.

Robinson said the same thing about the T-Town menswear situation.

T-Town Menswear has not to do with this thread. A random argument originally tossed out by a Bammer in a thread about AU basketball...

I would be very surprised if players provide evidence on anyone other than Ward. Spending a few years in Jail would be better than ratting on someone in organized crime.

Organized crime is not involved with this. There was no betting "swing". Colin Cowherd and several others have done some rather thorough analysis and research and their conclusion is gambling is not involved.

So if nobody made any money gambling and Ward intentionally goofed up in one game, who benefited by paying him? The same people that poison trees, edit videos of assistant coaches' wives and teabag passed out college students benefit. As noted in the previous sentence, this sort of thing is well within their moral code of conduct.

Some bammer or group of bammers paid Ward to guarantee a UAT win over Auburn. If the Arkansas game was a trial run, it demonstrated that Ward simply claiming injury and sitting out wasn't good enough, Auburn nearly won that game without Ward playing. To assure a bammer win, Ward had to play and actually screw up. That's what he did, repeatedly.

When these guys are caught, I fully expect the bammer fan base to make heroes out of them, just as they have Updyke, the Phillips guy that edited the tape and the teabagger in New Orleans. Any other fan base would be humiliated by these clowns, the bamzos claim them as heroes.

Organized crime is not involved with this. There was no betting "swing". Colin Cowherd and several others have done some rather thorough analysis and research and their conclusion is gambling is not involved.

So if nobody made any money gambling and Ward intentionally goofed up in one game, who benefited by paying him? The same people that poison trees, edit videos of assistant coaches' wives and teabag passed out college students benefit. As noted in the previous sentence, this sort of thing is well within their moral code of conduct.

Some bammer or group of bammers paid Ward to guarantee a UAT win over Auburn. If the Arkansas game was a trial run, it demonstrated that Ward simply claiming injury and sitting out wasn't good enough, Auburn nearly won that game without Ward playing. To assure a bammer win, Ward had to play and actually screw up. That's what he did, repeatedly.

When these guys are caught, I fully expect the bammer fan base to make heroes out of them, just as they have Updyke, the Phillips guy that edited the tape and the teabagger in New Orleans. Any other fan base would be humiliated by these clowns, the bamzos claim them as heroes.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

There's a major flaw with your argument: I doubt there's an Alabama fan that cares enough about basketball to do this.

Archived