Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, they showed the stats again, it was 17 points in 13 games for the starting defense. That makes sense.

I understand Mikey, but at his size that stat surprised me. I was thinking 4.6 or slower for a 215/220 guy.

So is Green's coach not in favor of him coming to Auburn or just wants him to take his time ?

War Eagle !

My understanding is Coach Kane didn't want the distraction but told Derrick it was his choice.

So is Green's coach not in favor of him coming to Auburn or just wants him to take his time ?

War Eagle !

He wants actual games to be about the team not the player.

God...please let us sign Derrick Green. I really like wathching him run. Amen.

HACKenburg is gonna be stuck with Penn State after this showing. JJ has nothing to worry about if this is his competition.

mod edit: No reason for that.

War Eagle !

I don't see how Green making his decision public takes away from the team. Maybe make it public not on game day ?

I really like this Johnson kid who is the Hermitage QB.

Yeah, I had heard he was good. He has been in DG's shadow sorta, but he is a baller.

What made Green change his decision to not commit today?

His coach shot it down.

Is his coach from Tuscaloosa, too?

War Eagle !

I don't see how Green making his decision public takes away from the team. Maybe make it public not on game day ?

Yes he does not want a public commitment on a game day

What made Green change his decision to not commit today?

His coach shot it down.

Is his coach from Tuscaloosa, too?

]This has nothing to do with that. Coach Kane has always wanted his player to take their visits before committing and He does not want a commit at their game on national tv as it puts the player before the team in his opinion

Green's needs to work on his blocking, but I love his running style looks like he loves the contact

as for the hackenwhateverhis name has a canon but he has been scrambling for his life all day

Is it just me or does this game look like the honk if you sacked Brodie lol

This version is honk if you sacked Hack. ;D

In a TV interview after the game a few mins ago, DG said it would be in October before he commits. We'll see...

Which is the same thing Bryan Matthews was sayimg.

So I watched the first half, and then I had to run out. Anybody know what Green's stat line for the game was?

I hope u seen when he ran slap over that poor DB

Is it just me or does this game look like the honk if you sacked Brodie lol

This version is honk if you sacked Hack. ;D

That has a nice ring to it :)

So I watched the first half, and then I had to run out. Anybody know what Green's stat line for the game was?

I hope u seen when he ran slap over that poor DB

Yeah, I caught that. I'm sure that boy is gonna hear about that when they watch film.

So just to be absolutely clear, there's no way we would take both Bryant AND Green with Wilkins already in the house? I know it seems outlandish to take 3 RBs, but with two this good is there a chance?

No, not at all. It's a stretch to even take two, and if it were not for the caliber of these guys we are currently pursuing (Green and Bryant), I sincerely doubt we would even be considering it. The backfield is already quite crowded.

On the surface yes but when you look deeper it's not that crowded. Omac will be gone, We do not know when we will get J-Rob back. Corey is a scat back/ receiver type of back. While Tre and Blakeley are very good backs neither one uses a running style condusive to being a workhorse between the tackles. All 3 of the backs we are recruiting now run with a more physical style than any backs we have on roster now. Therefore the reality is we need 2 of Wilkins, Green, and Bryant.

Seems like I remember Grant being up to around 200...that's not scat back size. And as far as I know, Robinson will be in come this January after making up whatever class he had the grade change for. So we'd have six high quality backs, half of which will be freshmen, provided that Jovon does, indeed, make it in as expected. That's what I was getting at.

Of course, that having been said, I don't think it's that big a deal, because I'm pretty danged confident that we'll get Wilkins and either Green or Bryant...my money's on Green at the moment, because it seems he's higher on the coaches' board, but I don't think there's much, if any, separation between them at this point (personal opinion, not an opinion of where they rank with the coaches).

Archived