Derrick Green

RunInRed

Has Derrick given any hints on who he's leaning towards the most?

sorta

:laugh: info like this is why you get paid the big bucks.

Its also why he takes his Namenda

Well damn look what the cat dragged in and what's the genertric name for Namenda? Anybody anybody

Memantine? Ha!

2 minutes to google slow today aren't we WE10

Not really. I am just a slow typer.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Derrick given any hints on who he's leaning towards the most?

I would say him visiting Auburn 2 times in one month, one of which was a late surprise visit, and Flying to see the AU-Clemson game is about as strong a hint as he could give without him flat out spelling it out for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I know it has been mentioned, but does anybody know if derrick green is coming on his official this weekend?

Will know for sure in the next 2 or 3 days.

(From a free Rivals.com article about Derrick Green after his official visit to Tennessee for the Florida game.)

Green doesn't have any trips planned until he goes to Ann Arbor, Mich., to see the Wolverines play in the Big House in October.

"I know my next visit is going to be the Michigan-Michigan State game on October 20. After that I don't know what else is planned, but that's what's next right now," Green offered. "I'm just focused on my team and trying to get back to state."

A possible early enrollee, Green said he doesn't have any leaders and that he's letting the process play out.

"Not right now. I'm just going to visit schools and I don't have one right now," Green said.

Asked if the Vols would be in it until the end, he left no doubt in his answer.

"No question about it," Green said. "They have the coaching staff, the academics and the atmosphere. They have the offense I'm looking for and I really liked what I saw. They were getting the ball to their backs. They didn't get the W like they were hoping for but they battled to the end."

link to entire article: http://auburn.rivals...asp?CID=1410687

So, is it that we haven't been able to get him to come here for an official visit, or is there some more devious plan that involves having him visit after the season?

So, is it that we haven't been able to get him to come here for an official visit, or is there some more devious plan that involves having him visit after the season?

We may not need an OV with him. He has been here more than any other school. I do not think there is a devious plan since he is expecting to commit in late October.

We may not need an OV with him. He has been here more than any other school. I do not think there is a devious plan since he is expecting to commit in late August.

late August?

We may not need an OV with him. He has been here more than any other school. I do not think there is a devious plan since he is expecting to commit in late August.

late August?

Was not an OV

You said he is expecting to committ in late August. That can't be right.

So, what you're saying is that it's a Good Thing that Greene is not visiting here?

The non-visit plus his above remarks after visiting Tennessee leaves me thinking we better not have burned any bridges with Bryant. If Greene told our coaches and reporters the same things he told the UT faithful last weekend, I can see why there was so much optimism here.

Me, I'm thinkin' we better be working on Plan B.

So, what you're saying is that it's a Good Thing that Greene is not visiting here?

The non-visit plus his above remarks after visiting Tennessee leaves me thinking we better not have burned any bridges with Bryant. If Greene told our coaches and reporters the same things he told the UT faithful last weekend, I can see why there was so much optimism here.

Me, I'm thinkin' we better be working on Plan B.

You are reading too much into things and putting words in my mouth I am not even saying. I am not saying or implying that not visiting Auburn is a good thing. I am saying we have such a big lead that him visiting Auburn would be nice but it really does not matter. He has been here 3 times and knows what Auburn is all about. We are still his #1 and UTk has likely passed Michigan for #2.

ellitor, I can accept your youthful exuberance, but if those are accurate quotes on the Rivals article, how can you think we have such a huge lead? Any objective person reading that would say we don't have any lead at all. "We're in the hunt" is about as positive as I can be about Greene.

Because that article is from a pro UT site so they super spin it their way. And because public articles in this day and age rarely tell the whole story. Here is another nugget for you. Mike Farrell who is exceptional on his picks still says Auburn leads...For that matter all the national analysts still say we lead.

Archived