Derrick Green

RunInRed

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we really in the lead for DG? I like this kid. Big time leader on the field.

That is the word.

Yep. Also, the word around Knoxville is that Tennessee is his leader and the word around....well, you get the picture.

Are we really in the lead for DG? I like this kid. Big time leader on the field.

That is the word.

Yep. Also, the word around Knoxville is that Tennessee is his leader and the word around....well, you get the picture.

Yes and that picture would be wrong. UT is the most delusional fan base in recruiting. The UT guys with a brain still say we lead. Auburn Rivals has him over 80% to Auburn and Bryan Matthew who is a conservative predictor still says we lead after the UT trip with Michigan actually still #2.

That is the word.

It seemed too good to be true. Will Jovon be back with us next year?

That is the word.

In the SEC, you can't have too many good backs. You actually need multiple thunder and multiple lightnings.

That is the word.

In the SEC, you can't have too many good backs. You actually need multiple thunder and multiple lightnings.

I agree. But I'm asking, do we think Jovon will be on the team next year? For some reason I can't find a thread that explains what is going on with him now. Of all the attrition issues, Jovon's bugs me the most....

That is the word.

I agree. But I'm asking, do we think Jovon will be on the team next year? For some reason I can't find a thread that explains what is going on with him now. Of all the attrition issues, Jovon's bugs me the most....

There has been no news on Jovon at all since he left Auburn but at this time Auburn does expect to sign him in February to be apart of the 2013 class in the fall.

That is the word.

There has been no news on Jovon at all since he left Auburn but at this time Auburn does expect to sign him in February to be apart of the 2013 class in the fall.

Thanks E. that's what I was hoping. Jovon and DG rotating.... Ouch

Quote: "There has been no news on Jovon at all since he left Auburn but at this time Auburn does expect to sign him in February to be apart of the 2013 class in the fall.

You would think our coaches would be on top of helping Jovon get placed in a prep school so he can get qualified. I hope his grade situation is something that can be corrected, but we've seen no definitive statement about what needs to be done.

Quote: "There has been no news on Jovon at all since he left Auburn but at this time Auburn does expect to sign him in February to be apart of the 2013 class in the fall.

You would think our coaches would be on top of helping Jovon get placed in a prep school so he can get qualified. I hope his grade situation is something that can be corrected, but we've seen no definitive statement about what needs to be done.

Nothing other than what he needs to make up he will be at Auburn no earlier than next fall.

There's nothing in that quote to suggest that our coaches aren't doing everything they can to make sure he's at Auburn as soon as possible.

There's nothing in that quote to suggest that our coaches aren't doing everything they can to make sure he's at Auburn as soon as possible.

I promise you, if I was Luper and knowing we lose O'mac, I would be in constant contact with that young man. He deserves our help!!! That was a serious case of injustice. Did he even have any idea that the grade had been changed? I hope he gets everything in order and succeeds whether it's at AU or not. The people in his life that were suppose to help him FAILED HIM miserably!

:realmad:

Nor is there anything in it to indicate that they are. It seems like some beat writer or one of the much vaunted insiders would at least post a one-liner somewhere: Say like maybe: "Jovon Robinson has enrolled at XYZ prep and is expected to complete his necessary college requirements by XYZ month, 2013.

That information shouldn't be hard to acquire, assuming it's actually happening.

Nor is there anything in it to indicate that they are. It seems like some beat writer or one of the much vaunted insiders would at least post a one-liner somewhere: Say like maybe: "Jovon Robinson has enrolled at XYZ prep and is expected to complete his necessary college requirements by XYZ month, 2013.

That information shouldn't be hard to acquire, assuming it's actually happening.

One would think. I mean Phillip Marshall sure has the time to post " if what I am hearing is true, the Memphis stuff could be really bad" bs and all the speculation about "why BVG told someone to leave a meeting" bs. You would think he might have the time to keep track of one of our prize RB recruits and let the Auburn fans know about that wouldn't you ?

One would think. I mean Phillip Marshall sure has the time to post " if what I am hearing is true, the Memphis stuff could be really bad" bs and all the speculation about "why BVG told someone to leave a meeting" bs. You would think he might have the time to keep track of one of our prize RB recruits and let the Auburn fans know about that wouldn't you ?

To many facts to deal with.

I am sure the coaches know exactly what is going on with Jovon. They have just chosen to keep it completely hush hush right now for whatever reason.

I am sure the coaches know exactly what is going on with Jovon. They have just chosen to keep it completely hush hush right now for whatever reason.

Of course the coaches know, but I was talking about PM, Ace Reporter. Its the difference between digging for real info on Jovon or feeding the rumor mill like he did on the two topics above.

Of course the coaches know, but I was talking about PM, Ace Reporter. Its the difference between digging for real info on Jovon or feeding the rumor mill like he did on the two topics above.

The meeting stuff was not BS. 23 told me about them but was surprised PM reported it. As for PM saying the Memphis stuff was bad, I have never seen him say that..

PM's statement concerning the Memphis stuff was: "If what I'm hearing is true, it will be bad for Auburn. However, I have no idea if what I'm hearing is true or not."

Now, is Jovon going to a prep school and playing football? Chillin' at home and playing video games? Working on a Mississippi River barge and taking correspondence courses? We were led to believe that there are only one or two high school courses he needs to pass in order to qualify. I see no reason that can't be completed in time for him to enroll in January and go through winter workouts and spring training.

So, why can't one of our reporters or (alleged) insiders tell the world what's going on? This is not like leaking the next two week's game plans. There is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be public information.

PM's statement concerning the Memphis stuff was: "If what I'm hearing is true, it will be bad for Auburn. However, I have no idea if what I'm hearing is true or not."

Now, is Jovon going to a prep school and playing football? Chillin' at home and playing video games? Working on a Mississippi River barge and taking correspondence courses? We were led to believe that there are only one or two high school courses he needs to pass in order to qualify. I see no reason that can't be completed in time for him to enroll in January and go through winter workouts and spring training.

So, why can't one of our reporters or (alleged) insiders tell the world what's going on? This is not like leaking the next two week's game plans. There is absolutely no reason why this shouldn't be public information.

Like I said for whatever reason nobody outside of the coaches know. The only thing known rifght now is he is planning to go to a prep school then come to Auburn next fall. I am not sure of why the secrecy. Just tleling you there is secrecy on it right now.

The meeting stuff was not BS. 23 told me about them but was surprised PM reported it. As for PM saying the Memphis stuff was bad, I have never seen him say that..

By "meeting stuff BS" I was referring to PM's speculation about it when all he knew was that there were rumors that something happened. On Memphis, he made a post about the issue early on very close to those words and speculated with later posts. IMO, in both cases, all it did was unnecessarily stir the pot before any real facts were known.

edit: I see Mikey posted the PM quote about the Memphis stuff on # 848 above. Good deal.

Archived