NEW RECRUITS

AUSportTalk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 star LB from Cedar Shoals High School (Athens, Ga) DeDe Lattimore is now interested in what the Tigers have to offer. He said that he will talk to Auburn about possibly setting up an official visit this month. He is high on South Florida and Oklahoma State right now but he is def gonna check out the Tigers!!

Luper is scheduled to make an in-school visit Thursday with the No. 1 running back in the country, Wichita (Kan.) East five-star Bryce Brown. Brown is listed as a soft commitment to Miami, but could consider a visit to Auburn.

Just got news that OL Aaron Moore is still solid with Auburn and plans to sign with Auburn on signing day!! He also stated that he was told by Coach Luper that Auburn would have a O-Line coach "by next week"

Well it looks like Greg REid has scheduled Georgia the last weekend of Jan, which was his last open weekend before signing day.....i still think that Auburn has a shot but they have to talk him into replacing one of the other teams that he is scheduled to visit this month.

Alabama January 9th

Florida January 16th

Miss St. January 23rd

Georgia January 30th

In my opinion we will land the following recruits if they have a firm offer from Auburn by the end of the month

Anthony Gulley

Jamar Travis, as long as he has his academics in order

Izauea Lanier

Petey Smith

Marietta (Ga.) Lassiter four-star tight end Philip Lutzenkirchen hosted Auburn offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn on an in-school visit today. He said that he would be in Auburn on an unofficial visit to meet the other coaches. Thats great news!! I think we can lock him up this weekend if he likes what he sees and hears.

Phillip Lolley was spotted in NE AL today and was reported to be heading to Gasden City. Don't know for sure, but was told that he could have made a stop to visit Tana Patrick before heading down to visit 'Dre Kirkpatrick.....

RECRUITING NEWS FOR THE DAY!!

Bessemer (Ala.) Academy running back Jeremy Cox is officially visiting Auburn this weekend. I don't know much about Cox so I will try to see if I can get some info later on.

As I stated a couple days ago Ralph Spry Jr. has transferred to Auburn from Minnesota and will be a Junior after he sits out this year.

There will be about 10-11 visitors this weekend

As most of you already know....Reuben Randle and Petey Smith won't be able to make it this weekend. Also Randle did say that he will reschedule the visit.

The list of players that are expected this weekend:

D.T. Shackelford

Terrance Coleman

LaVoyd James

Jonathan Evans

Harris Gaston

Andre Harris

Brandon Heavens

Brandon Jacobs

Reggie Taylor

Jeremy Cox

I have also heard that there could be a couple surprise visits but don't have any names.

Texarkana (Tex.) wide receiver Cobi Hamilton has picked up an offer from Auburn.

He is 6'3 190lbs, he also stated that he is EXTREMELY EXCITED about the Auburn offer!

Perry, Ga Offensive Lineman Johnnie Farms, which is a UNC commitment right now has set up an official visit to Auburn.

The 6-foot-2, 285-pounder, who committed to the Tarheels in November, will visit the Plains Jan. 23-25.

Farms has visited Auburn several time over the past couple years but has not been to Auburn on an official visit. Farms was very high on Auburn at the beginning of the 2008 football season but decided to commit to South Carolina then changed his commitment in November to UNC.

IMO I really think that Auburn has a very good shot at landing Farms when he visits Auburn later this month. This will def be one player to keep an eye on the next couple of weeks.

Scout.Com shows him a 4 star recruit at 6-2 and 306 and shows him as the No. 7 OG of the 2009 class.  We sure need him. That would be great if we could get him.

Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace wide receiver Sterling Griffin will take an official visit to Auburn. He hasn't decided on when but he def will visit. He might wait until his teammate, Derrick Hopkins, comes on his official visit which is not this weekend but next!

Austin (Texas) S.F. Austin four-star receiver Emory Blake will take an official visit to Auburn this weekend.

"I'm going to Auburn," said Blake. "I set it up last minute, today actually, but I'm planning on leaving tomorrow for Auburn."

Auburnsports.com has reported that:Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace WR Sterling Griffin has an all-star game Friday night, but was still going to try and make it to Auburn Saturday. He won't be able to do that. His teammate, Derrick Hopkins, is scheduled to be in town next weekend. Griffin may come then.

Archived