NEW RECRUITS

AUSportTalk

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, Keep up the aggressive recruiting Coaches. Hopefully we will land some of these guys. Maybe Joel Kight can get his grades up in time to qualify. Thanks for the info AUSportTalk & waraueagle.  :thumbsup:

Nosa Eguae got a visit from Coach Rocker and Coach Luper. They just talked to his parents and told them what the expected from Eguae and there student athletes.....they wanted to make sure they stopped in and talk to the parents since they couldn't make it when Eguae made his official visit last weekend. He stated that he will visit Texas Tech this weekend and should have a decision sometime next week. It really looks good for Auburn.

I am now hearing that Kight has good grades and scored almost 1000 on his SAT's so he will easily qualify.  I guess that was some bad info that was out earlier.  They say if he was a little taller that everyone would be comparing to Ray Lewis.  That is the dynamic, hard hitting player that he is.  Good stuff!

Just got word that Greg Reid has eliminated Florida but said that Auburn is def in the running.

Reid said Auburn “is growing on me more every day” but has yet to agree to take an official visit with Tigers.

Things are changing so quickly for Reid that he said there was only three things he knows for sure: Florida State is one of his finalists, he will take an official visit to UGA on Jan. 30, and he will announce a college decision on signing day (Feb. 4).

I heard that Reid was very upset b/c Coach Meyer asked him in a mad tone where the other schools are that are recruiting him now when he was a Sophomore and Junior.

To say the least Reid has eliminated Florida and doesn't expect to hear anything else from them.

Auburn coaches are trying to get Cobi Hamilton to visit Auburn this weekend instead of Texas. I don't really see it happening but its possible. If i hear anything new i will pass it on.

DC Ted Roof stopped by to check on Greg Reid and he said that he may take a trip to Auburn but it won't be an official visit b/c he is booked up.....he said that he will likely take a day trip to Auburn

Coach Ted Roof paid a visit to Georgia Military Academy CB Taikwon Paige on Tuesday. He hasn't received an offer from Auburn yet but is scheduled to visit Auburn next weekend. He was committed to Minnesota when Coach Roof was the DC there but opened his recruitment back up after Roof departed for Auburn. 

Archived