Why Lebo will not be fired...

InfernoOrangeSS

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will somebody please explain what the problem was with the aau!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to be behind the times but what happened? Why cant we recruit from the aau? why cant we have any contact with the coach? Why wont good basketball players come here?  I have no clue if Lebo is qualified or not but I assume he istrying...Why cant Auburn, a big D1 school recruit any players??  Will new facilities  make a difference..?..Will it make any difference putting new lipstick on a pig?..Had to say that.....

TungstenGT I have strong belief that Lebo will be our coach next year, and he will be well deserving... This program is heading on the upside, and Lebo is a damn good coach. Im proud of the efforts we have made this year... I think you will agree in due time... Im going to stay on the optimistic side... WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Your points are valid no doubt, but Lebo is my boy so I gotta support him... I want him to stay

Thanks Sportstalk..I saw that but didnt click on it..WOW...sound like Ellis was quite a recruiter..Its been awhile but I believe her was about to be run out of Clemson then had a decent year..After that he was hired at Auburn..

Im not going to pass judgement on Lebo but its been several years since all that happened and hopefully we've had enough time to rebound from it..No pun intended...Ill rely on you as my expert as to whether Lebo has done a good job thus far

You're welcome.

Well Builder, I tell you what. This year, Lebo has done a fantastic job in my opinion barring a disaster ending. He has several newcomers, with 2 of them not being eligible until next year. I can tell you one thing, Lebo has done a great job recruiting the past couple years and with the new arena I think that it will only get better. If this team can atleast make it to the NIT this year, I really think that things will only get better from here on out.

Thats all I need to hear...Ill jump on his bandwagon...Check your email...My son and I will be down on the plains next week..Hope to meet you guys then

You're welcome.

Well Builder, I tell you what. This year, Lebo has done a fantastic job in my opinion barring a disaster ending. He has several newcomers, with 2 of them not being eligible until next year. I can tell you one thing, Lebo has done a great job recruiting the past couple years and with the new arena I think that it will only get better. If this team can atleast make it to the NIT this year, I really think that things will only get better from here on out.

Hey AUSportTalk, do you have any info on the two guys who will be eligible next year. I hope one of them is a big man seeing how we lose Vot next year.

Guard Toney Neysmith 6-foot-5, 205 lbs.

He transferred here from Oklahoma. He was ranked as the #100 high school recruit overall by Rivals.com

He played high school ball with Kentucky's Jodie Meeks. He should give Auburn some much needed size at the guard spot.

Forward Brandon McGee 6-foot-7, 220 lbs.

He transferred here from Indiana. He averaged 21 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists as a Senior. He was also invited to the Nike All-American camp. He should be able to fit in the playing rotation next year.

We will also have all the JUCO guys we brought in this year: Brendon Knox, Johnnie Lett, and Tay Waller

A guy we need to get excited about is Kenny Gabriel.  I saw something last night that said he was rated the no.2 shooting guard in the country among next year's signees.  I have heard he is good but had no idea he was that good.  We should be good next year, and deep!

Looks like Lebo didn't get his team fired up enough for this game. Doesn't Lebo realize how much is riding on this game? I'm not just talking about W's and L's. LOL

I'm not trying to be rude or anything auburner4ever but why are you so negative about Lebo and this team. this is the second post in a row that I've read from you downin this coach and team. Come on man cant you see what Lebo is doing with a short bench and no real center on the floor. Give this team and Lebo some credit they are playing some good ball man.

By the way, thanks SportTalk and Waraueagle for the info on the incoming players. The future does indeed look bright for Auburn Basket Ball next year. Man I cant wait to see a game in the arena!! :trampoline::yay::happydance::thumbsup:

Well, as one who has expressed his doubts and fears all season, I for one like how this season has turned out.  I think next year will be a very good year for us.  Things are certainly looking up.

:wedance:

• 2 weeks later...

What does the schedule look like next year?  Tons of RPI-draining creampuffs in the early part?  If anyone has a link to the '09-'10 schedule, please post.

:wedance:

Archived