#1 RB in the nation Seastrunk high on Auburn!

Wow!  Can it get any better than this!  We are one of the top two teams on Lache Seastunk's list right now.  It just so happens that Curtis Luper's father is pastor at the church that Seastrunk attends.  He hold Auburn in high regard already w/o actually meeting any coaches or visiting.  So, we now have two of the top 3 running backs in the nation very interested in us.  Wow!  Just wow!!!

Make that 3 of the 3!  I forgot that Latimore is interested in Auburn, also.  Tyrick Rollison has struck up a pretty good friendship with him on Facebook and is trying to get him to come to Auburn.

Thanks WarAUEagle for posting that....you beat me to it!!

Here are some comments from Seastrunk:

He has been hanging Auburn's letter to him on his wall and in his locker at school. "I hang it up on my wall," he said. "You can go look in my locker right now and see them hanging up," said Seastrunk. "I only have two letters hanging up in my locker. One of them is Auburn."

Me- I don't know who the other team is he has hanging up.

"When I was younger, I knew about Auburn, but I really didn't know a lot about them," he said. "One of my cousins was a big Auburn fan and he always told me about them. As I grew up and started to understand more, Auburn started growing in my heart."

"I also like that it's a whole new coaching staff so it's a fresh start. And Coach Luper, he is a great coach. He's had a lot of great backs go to the NFL. Mr. Chizik, he's a really, really fantastic coach, too. He's got a great defensive mind."

"Auburn really stands out because they have been real honest with me," he said. "Coach Luper is a really honest guy and I like him a lot. I've also talked to Mr. Gene Chizik. They both have been really, really honest with me and I love that about the school."

"If you're going to be honest with me and shoot me straight, tell me everything about it, you're going to be up on my list real high."

**I can't wait until Seastrunk visits Auburn b/c what he sees and how he gets treated is going to go a long way in his recruitment. He is a very nice young man with alot of respect. I can't wait to meet him and talk to him more.**

I know I've said it before but, the 3 backs I think we should sign next year are Seastunk, Dyer and Corey Grant. Oh yeah, I forgot about Lattimore. Make that 4 backs then.

Like I said before we will atleast sign 1, 5 star runningback now its looking like 2 or even 3!!!  :believe: :believe: :believe:

This staff is really on fire. Though I'm not knocking the old staff, but after 10 years, they seem to have lost something when it came to recruiting and then coaching these guys up and bring out the best in them.

The fact I like most of all.... In his quote he stated ----- "MR. Gene Chizik"

It's really a sad day when I get chills from a youngster showing respect such as that. I Love it!

"I had to jump on it when I heard!"  You made me laugh again, waraueagle...

BTW, I usually steer clear of the recruiting talk till much later in the year, but you guys are starting to get my blood boiling early!  ;)

Tell that to Tenn this year.  I say we go after them all, if we don't get them someone else will. 

I agree we already know we know how to use 2 high profile runninbacks we did it with "Caddilac" and Ronnie and Malazahn did it with McFadden and Felix Jones... so I say why not get as many as possible even though it is unlikley we will get all three theres a good chance at getting 2

I personally like the idea of having 5 stars to replace a 5 star in the event something happens.  If your 5 star starter graduates, you have one that will step up and take his place.  I know that stars are not the entire story on these guys, but it makes sense that they are rated a 5 star prospect this early for a reason.  I say let's go after all of them.

“Right now Auburn is my favorite,” says Seastrunk.

Asked what other colleges he is seriously considering Seastrunk replied " Just Auburn. I am only interested in Auburn right now."

As stated on another thread, Patches Ohoolahan declares that Seastrunk will be a tiger next year!

I say we do all we can to sign Seastrunk and Dyer.

Agreed.

Oh hey Patches... I love that quote man. Sounds like an Auburn man to me! :we:

I read somewhere that he is supposed to come visit a practice over Easter. If it is true that shows you that he is in to Auburn to travel all the way from Texas to visit a practice.

Archived