Marcus Lattimore

Wareagle3720

I can tell you now.....and this is my own opinion....i told the members Saturday that were at the tailgate that I really feel that we are gonna land Seastrunk and Lattimore. Both were not only blown away but their parents were too and that means alot!!

:we:

Yeah.  He visited just because he and Lache are tight and Lache really wanted him to check it out.  He was absolutely blown away and his momma cried when meeting with Chizik and his wife!  This staff is amazing!  We are at the top of both of these guys lists.  AMAZING!!!!  WAR EAGLE!!!!  I heard from a fella that works with the team that swears we already have 4 silent verbals, btw!  BOOM!!!

I hope so on them both.

However, don't take this the wrong way because they will be down the road RBs.

After Saturday, with Ben Tate at RB, Ontario McCalleb <SP?> at the 'H' or 3 spot (Whatever Malzhan calls it) I just see him as an extra RB, and then put Mario Fannin in the slot and hitting the backfield on a cross OR going out for a pass... Those 3 in the same backfield together :yay:

A comment from Lattimore: South Carolina High School rivals page, asked Lattimore about his visit and he told them that AU was ahead of his other favorites "with a big lead"!!!!!

Man, if any of you guys have a facebook, don't be afraid to do a little recruiting for us. I just got on Marcus' and looked at the day after A-Day and he said, "WAR EAGLE!!!!!" and all of a sudden he had about 100 new friends.. I think he's our... little premature but I feel it fellas. He and Lache  :thumbsup:

Yeah, it is fine to talk to them and tell them War Eagle and things like that but don't start beggin them to come to Auburn or start a Club that says 'Hey "So and So" Come to Auburn'

What is to prevent an "imposter poster" from making false posts for another school? ie: a Bama fan posing as an AU fan begging Marcus Lattimore to come to Auburn or setting up a ML Auburn Fan Club?

Answer- NOTHING

It will take time for NCAA to figure this one out.

What is to prevent an "imposter poster" from making false posts for another school? ie: a Bama fan posing as an AU fan begging Marcus Lattimore to come to Auburn or setting up a ML Auburn Fan Club?

Answer- NOTHING

It will take time for NCAA to figure this one out.

No doubt, I totally agree with you on this one......I don't understand it and probably never will but I was jut posting something about it b/c it will prevent a problem if we don't do it ourselves.

(From Thebigspur.com) All-American running back Marcus Lattimore is doing an occasional diary on the recruiting process for TheBigSpur.com and other ESPN affiliate websites. In the latest installment, Lattimore talks about his visit to Auburn and some future visits he has set up to various schools.

I didn’t make to LSU.  I couldn’t make it that far this weekend.  I don’t have any plans to get back there right now.  I will probably go down for a game.

We went down to Auburn last Friday night.  My mom, step dad and Dean Davis my recruiting advisor came with me. 

We left around five and got there about 8:30.  We checked in the hotel and then went over and met with coach Troop and coach Luper.  You can tell they are good friends.

On Saturday morning we got up around nine.  We met with the academic staff.  Then we met with the athletic director.  I met just about everybody you could meet with during the visit. 

Then we met with coach Chizik.  He was passionate about football.  You can tell he loves coaching. 

Everyone was passionate about what they did.  Even the equipment manager and the academic advisor take pride in their jobs.  It is like a big family.  I really liked that. 

Then we went to A day.  The game was good.  I liked the offense.  They use their running backs a lot.  They put up a lot of points.

After the game we met with coach Malzahn the new offensive coordinator.  He showed me how he would use me in the offense.  He basically said I would be doing what McFadden was doing when he was at Arkansas.

I met up with Shaun Kitchens.  He is already committed to Auburn.  He is a real good guy.  He has good things to say about Auburn.  I had a good time.  It was great.

After the visit Auburn is now my leader, but it could change.  Florida State is right there behind Auburn.

I also changed my timing on when I plan to announce.  I am going to do it right after the last game.  It will be sometime the week after the state championship game.

I am going to Athens on Saturday for the Nike camp.  I will probably make it to South Carolina and Clemson some time in June.  I know I am also going to Penn State when they have their camp.  I am going up with Nick Jones.

I want to narrow things down by the end of summer.  I will have about six schools by then.

Discuss In The Big Spur Forums

It is awesome we made a HUGE impact early on him.  Good first impressions carry a lot of weight.  Let him take all the visits he wants and then hopefully the next Auburn visit will seal the deal.

Archived