Phelon Jones

AUSportTalk

It looks like Auburn doesn't want LSU transfer Phelon Jones.....im not sure if they just don't want him or they don't have the room

Here are some comments from him considering Alabama:

"Right now we're just talking to a couple of schools, trying to see where my best fit is"

"Auburn was going to be the first one I looked at, but it doesn't look like that's going to work out anymore."

"Right now I'd have to say Alabama. ... But I haven't talked to them yet - not me, personally - so I don't know if [an offer] would work out yet. We just need some time to get some things settled."

"It just didn't work out at LSU," Jones said. "I just didn't get the playing time I was looking for."

I've been wondering if there was more to the story than we've been hearing.  All I've heard is how great a kid he is, and he may very well be.  Who knows?  I would think that we have a very good reason for not taking him if we indeed do not.

Auburntiger34  you are so wrong I know this kid and his family personally he wanted to go to Mcgill not to be the feature player because at McGill he played corner not QB so??? He wanted to go with his best friend LSU Defensive End Slidell Corley the kid is respectfull and smart he took my moms english class in 8th grade who also taught at St.Pauls the after he left, St.Pauls fired his dad as the middle school coach who by the way had 3 consecutive county championships and said he got fired cause it was a slap in the face how he transfered Phelon to Mcgill I know the whole story... stop speculating

Archived