How's Aairon Savage?

auburn4ever

Does anyone know how Aairon is doing? Is his playing days at Auburn over or might he try to get a 6th year? I feel so bad for the young man. He's really worked hard to try to get back with the guys.

i read that it was only an Achilles injury, chizik said it wasn't serious

Again, like I posted in the other thread on Savage.  If Savage had surgery as was reported, then it was serious and probably lost for a majority of the year.  Chizik is just not being straight forward with injury reports.  If it was just a strain it would be one thing, but if he did in fact of surgery then he must have torn it and will take a few months to rehab. 

He had surgery and the recovery time will certainly be around 18 months. 

I think 18 months of rehab is a little long, but he is lost for season.  He shouldn't miss next spring and next year too with this injury. Not that it really matters since he is a senior, but if he is able to get a medical redshirt then I guess this will matter. 

The average recovery time for a blown out achilles is 18 months according to team physicians.  It took Tez Doolittle about that long.

I can't remember did Tez have surgery, and if he did were there any complications or reruptures?  I have seen and done quite a few Achilles sugeries and typically patients are able to resume pre-rupture activities after 4-6 months.  Savage should be nearly full weight bearing by 8-12 weeks and then after that he should just progress as he can tolerate with phys therapy.  If it takes 18 months then something must have gone wrong. 

Wow, ok.  Maybe it won't take as long and Tez had complications.  All I keep hearing is they expect it to be a year and a half but maybe that's a worst case scenario type thing.  It took Tez that long for some reason.  What I heard wasn't an official release but what I heard second hand from someone who heard from team physicians.

Wow, ok.  Maybe it won't take as long and Tez had complications.  All I keep hearing is they expect it to be a year and a half but maybe that's a worst case scenario type thing.  It took Tez that long for some reason.  What I heard wasn't an official release but what I heard second hand from someone who heard from team physicians.

Well, I guess it is always possible, and I definitely don't want to look like an idiot if it really takes 18 months, but if it does it is pretty abnormal from my experience.  Good luck Savage and we all wish you a speedy recovery. 

Yeah, guess RunningbackU probably knows something about this ... Maybe you can perform my next ankle surgery  :beatmullet:

Archived