DB Deion Belue Update

AUSportTalk

Deion plays for Deshler High School in Tuscumbia, AL (my hometown).  He is an excellent player but will struggle to qualify academically.  AU was also recruiting him, but may have lost interest due to his academic issues.  I would be surprised if he qualifies.  He will probably have to play JC ball.

Deion plays for Deshler High School in Tuscumbia, AL (my hometown).  He is an excellent player but will struggle to qualify academically.  AU was also recruiting him, but may have lost interest due to his academic issues.  I would be surprised if he qualifies.  He will probably have to play JC ball.

I fully agree Teyeger. I live in the same area and have been doing alot of asking around with coaches in the area and the word I have gotten was it is very doubtful he will qualify for any D1 school. I feel like this is a case where we backed off him once we got the whole picture and he probably has a conditional offer from the bammers as well. I cannot repeat exactly what a few of the coaches comments were as it would be really unfair to the young man. Who knows maybe he will get himself straightened out I hate to see anyone fail.

Now with the NCAA implicating the reduction of Div.1 signings a team can have per year, I'll bet a lot of these type of players get left out...

Archived