Tyrik and Lache

hornsmd

I have been watching a lot of video on both of these talented kids and I think I have some comparisons. I would like to see what you all think.

Tyrik Rollison reminds me of Randell Cunningham. I think it is mainly with his fast release, small step into the throw and upright running.

Lache Seastrunk reminds me of Carnell Williams. The way he reads the blockers and uses them is really close, but the major reason he reminds me of Caddy is his footwork.

I like the Cunningham comparison. I might go slightly different on the comparison for Lache and say Walter Payton. Yeah, I know. Their running styles are extremely similar. I always thought Caddy was the most natural runner I've ever seen, Payton the most consistent, and Barry Sanders the most "Oh my God how did he do that!" LOL.

Now, understand, I'm splitting hairs here. You could throw those three names in a jar and get about the same production (assuming they're in their prime).

I was not blessed enough to see Payton in his prime, so Caddy was the closest that I have seen. I could see some of Sanders in him too with all the missed tackles and change of direction

I actually never saw Payton run in his prime, either, or at least not when he was doing it, but I've seen many, many clips of him because my brother was a huge fan of his for a long time. Sanders is my favorite player in NFL history, and of course Carnell has a place in every Auburn fan's heart. The three are very similar in running style, but Sanders danced a little more. Williams and Payton were both more fluid runners who looked for the cut back lane, and both ran downhill more than Barry.

Lache has the makings of that kind of running back. Now, understand, I like Dyer and Lattimore. I think both are excellent backs. But Seastrunk seems to be a slight cut above them, hence the reason I'm making the comparisons with two of the three best backs in NFL history (Jim Brown is the other) and the second best in Auburn history. I REALLY hope Auburn does get him.

Carnell is a more accurate comparison. I hope that Lache doesn't run like Peyton, I have lived nowhere near long enough to see him play live, but iv'e seen vids. If he ran like sweetness, Lache wouldn't last 1/2 a season in the SEC.

Archived