Urban Meyer Done at FLA

AUMed

I hope he is OK.  They said health reasons and he was hospitalized after the SEC championship game.  Hopefully he can recover and land a job in 2011 in the ACC. 

I hope he is OK.  They said health reasons and he was hospitalized after the SEC championship game.  Hopefully he can recover and land a job in 2011 in the ACC.

I certainly wish him well. He has done a great job at Florida. I concur about the recovery.

Who does Florida go after??  Would they think about bringing Charlie Strong back??  He would be the only lesser name that I think they would think about.  You know the biggest names in the business will be on their list. 

I think Will Muschamp might get some consideration. I imagine they will hire a head coach though. Wow I can't even think this was shocking. He had an arachnoid cyst on his brain that gave him problems. I think it flared up after the SEC Championship game. This will certainly cause a stir. I would not want to step into the job at Florida behind Meyer. He was a great coach for them.

I think Will Muschamp might get some consideration. I imagine they will hire a head coach though. Wow I can't even think this was shocking. He had an arachnoid cyst on his brain that gave him problems. I think it flared up after the SEC Championship game. This will certainly cause a stir. I would not want to step into the job at Florida behind Meyer. He was a great coach for them.

Yea i heard brain tumor as well

If there is health concerns, I truly do worry about him.  While he is another coach in the SEC, he is a good person.  Will be interesting to see who gets the job. 

He told his players he has a heart condition.

link??  source??

link??   source??

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/26/source-meyer-tells-players-he-has-a-heart-problem

Plus ESPN now saying he has a heart muscle defect.

link??   source??

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/26/source-meyer-tells-players-he-has-a-heart-problem

Plus ESPN now saying he has a heart muscle defect.

Thanks, I was reading it when you posted. 

Hey, even Tommy Tuberville is a possibility.

So am I.  But, I doubt I get a call either. 

Well, I don't know who you are, but I do know that Tuberville has established a lot of credibility as a HC in the SEC. And I don't see why it would be such a far-fetched consideration as many Auburn fans would like to think it is; he did leave our program in the dump though, so I'm sure the only talk around here about that suggestion will be laughable.

Archived