Trovon Reed

wardamnpjm

Wonder why Lorio would even bother saying anything? Almost seems like he's trying to convince himself Miles is putting kinks in the AU armor. LSU/Miles is desperate now with no WR. 3 commits have backed out (2 WR's) from their LSU commit with possibly a 4th coming. Heard the DT from California which is now their prized recruit is getting cold feet bout LSU. That high school coach will not sleep till Trovon signs with LSU. Wonder if it's for Trovon's good or for his peace of mind his best player in years sign with his (Lorio's) favorite college team...LSU? Nevermind that question...lol.

Hope T. Taylor's all over this! Mods or anybody hear anything from our camp or have spoken to Trovon? No way LSwho gets this outstanding young man with 2 weeks left...huh?

:wareagle:  :believe:  :wareagle:

I think it's too little, too late. I haven't talked to Trovon or anything but I can guarentee you....take it to the bank and bet the mortgage....that Tropper and Chizik won't let him get away without a serious fight. I think it is what Trovon said it is. He took the trip as a favor to the LSU assistant coach (sorry, name escapes me as I type this) he has a relationship with. Trovon knows where his family is and where the family atmosphere is. I think LSU is just going to come off as a poor man's Auburn. WDE!

Mayor, he hasn't took the trip yet, has he? I thought the article was just about a meeting the two recently had?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Les Miles giving Trovon alot to think about:

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1042647

Summary:

"He talked about how Texas has won with about 99 percent kids from Texas and Alabama about 90 percent of kids from Alabama," Lorio said. "He was selling that a great percentage of those championship-level teams are built with players from their own state."

Another point of emphasis from Miles was life after football and the fringe benefits that can be gained by remaining in state to attend college.

"He asked Trovon what he wanted to do after college football or maybe the next (NFL) level," Lorio said. "He told him there are greater opportunities for networking with former LSU players such as (former linebacker) Eric Hill or a (former offensive lineman) Ruffin Rodrigue.

"He's thinking hard," Lorio said. "He's got some new information to consider and a lot of his family members are also thinking hard. It's not a negative thing against Auburn. It's just there's some new things with LSU to consider and coach Miles let him know how important he is."

Who is Lorio?

His high school coach. BIG time LSU fan

Haha. Guys, don't worry about anything. Reed's not going anywhere. The funny thing is that Miles and his HS coach think they are helping him. Truth is, Trovon will get tired of them nagging him and all over his back all the time. I bet he'll be ready to get out of Baton Rouge come Sunday. WDE!

if we lose Trovon Reed we will remember it for a long time.IMO, in 2010 he and Darvin Adams would be amongst the best WR in college football.this guy is going first round when he hits the NFL.he should be a 5* on any site.Trovon is right there atop this class with Dyer and Newton and i really hope TT can hold on to this guy for us.Trovon is  something special guys i promise you!

Haha. Guys, don't worry about anything. Reed's not going anywhere. The funny thing is that Miles and his HS coach think they are helping him. Truth is, Trovon will get tired of them nagging him and all over his back all the time. I bet he'll be ready to get out of Baton Rouge come Sunday. WDE!

They have been down his way in Thibodaux, La. for the past two days at least from what I hear. He goes to the campus this weekend I believe.

Les Miles giving Trovon alot to think about:

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1042647

Summary:

"He talked about how Texas has won with about 99 percent kids from Texas and Alabama about 90 percent of kids from Alabama," Lorio said. "He was selling that a great percentage of those championship-level teams are built with players from their own state."

Another point of emphasis from Miles was life after football and the fringe benefits that can be gained by remaining in state to attend college.

"He asked Trovon what he wanted to do after college football or maybe the next (NFL) level," Lorio said. "He told him there are greater opportunities for networking with former LSU players such as (former linebacker) Eric Hill or a (former offensive lineman) Ruffin Rodrigue.

"He's thinking hard," Lorio said. "He's got some new information to consider and a lot of his family members are also thinking hard. It's not a negative thing against Auburn. It's just there's some new things with LSU to consider and coach Miles let him know how important he is."

Who is Lorio?

His high school coach. BIG time LSU fan

exactly so don't listen to anything that comes out of his mouth or any article that quotes that .....I will be nice and keep my mouth shut about Lorio only because i dont want to be banned

You know, this pisses me off a little.  It has been published before that Trovon Reed wants to be a hs football coach eventually and they basically just threatened him (by my reading) that if he goes to Auburn he won't get a job in La. as a hs coach.  Did anyone else pick up on that?

And if so, this could be what flips him.  Telling a kid he can't come home again is bigger than telling him he shouldn't leave.

I can admit that I was a little bit worried seeing these articles popping up at first.  However, let's remember where all these quotes are coming from, a high school coach that is apparently a huge LSU fan and desperately wants his kid to stay in-state.

Until I hear something from Trovon that causes me to doubt his committment, I will not be worried at all.  After the emotion of his committment ceremony and all of the things he has said about Auburn so far, I think he will definitely be in orange and blue next year.  Hopefully those cajuns leave him alone long enough for him to pack his bags and get the heck out of Louisiana!

Wonder why Lorio would even bother saying anything? Almost seems like he's trying to convince himself Miles is putting kinks in the AU armor. LSU/Miles is desperate now with no WR. 3 commits have backed out (2 WR's) from their LSU commit with possibly a 4th coming. Heard the DT from California which is now their prized recruit is getting cold feet bout LSU. That high school coach will not sleep till Trovon signs with LSU. Wonder if it's for Trovon's good or for his peace of mind his best player in years sign with his (Lorio's) favorite college team...LSU? Nevermind that question...lol.

Hope T. Taylor's all over this! Mods or anybody hear anything from our camp or have spoken to Trovon? No way LSwho gets this outstanding young man with 2 weeks left...huh?

:wareagle:  :believe:  :wareagle:

I think it's too little, too late. I haven't talked to Trovon or anything but I can guarentee you....take it to the bank and bet the mortgage....that Tropper and Chizik won't let him get away without a serious fight. I think it is what Trovon said it is. He took the trip as a favor to the LSU assistant coach (sorry, name escapes me as I type this) he has a relationship with. Trovon knows where his family is and where the family atmosphere is. I think LSU is just going to come off as a poor man's Auburn. WDE!

Mayor, he hasn't took the trip yet, has he? I thought the article was just about a meeting the two recently had?

It was...My bad. For some reason I was thinking he went down there this past weekend. Thanks for catching that.

His coach did all the talking.  Nothing was even said by Trevon.  I say he loves Auburn to commit to them on such a special day to him and he also kows less is a sales man. 

His coach did all the talking.  Nothing was even said by Trevon.  I say he loves Auburn to commit to them on such a special day to him and he also kows less is a sales man. 

That is exactly right.  If we heard Reed make those comments it'd be different.

War Eagle

I am by no means an insider, but I think that a whole lot of people are getting worried way to easily. Trovon has given no indication that he wants to be anywhere but Auburn. I don't think he takes it lightly that he made his committment on his mother's birthday either. I think he is 100 percent AU.

You guys are gonna make your doctors real happy when they are writing out nerve pill prescriptions. Lets all try to relax and wait. I would hate to see half of our members go down before signing day. ST has talked about the roller coaster ride this would be. I say we concentrate on the highs, cause I don't foresee any lows.

Stay positive guys!!! Its GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER !!!

I am by no means an insider, but I think that a whole lot of people are getting worried way to easily. Trovon has given no indication that he wants to be anywhere but Auburn. I don't think he takes it lightly that he made his committment on his mother's birthday either. I think he is 100 percent AU.

You guys are gonna make your doctors real happy when they are writing out nerve pill prescriptions. Lets all try to relax and wait. I would hate to see half of our members go down before signing day. ST has talked about the roller coaster ride this would be. I say we concentrate on the highs, cause I don't foresee any lows.

Stay positive guys!!! Its GREAT TO BE AN AUBURN TIGER !!!

^^^^

Didn't Trovon ask them to respect the fact that he is 100% Auburn.  I'm sure it happens everywhere so I can't blame Miles for doing his  job, but his high school coach on the other.  Give the kid a break he just played his guts out for him and he is treating him like that.

Boy I can't wait to get this kid in orange and blue.  If his high school coach is doing all that nonsense the kid most be special.    

I get all our recruits mixed up. Didn't Reed return punts?  We desperately need a punt returner. He is one of my top 5 hopes btw.

I don't think we will have any shortage of potential kick returners.  

Trovon Reed, Chris Davis, Ryan White and maybe Dyer are all possibilities in this class, but  I'd look to Demond Washington or Anthony Gulley to win the job.

I get all our recruits mixed up. Didn't Reed return punts?  We desperately need a punt returner. He is one of my top 5 hopes btw.

Trovon Reed, Chris Davis, Ryan White and maybe Dyer are all possibilities in this class, but  I'd look to Demond Washington or Anthony Gulley to win the job.

Thank You very much for that info! The punt return games has been a concern of mine.

We know they all can run but can they catch a punt.  There were days when all I wanted was a clean catch.

There were games that I thought the catch was out of the question, i was yelling to get away and let it bounce! Nice to know that we should have plenty of dependable options at the postition this year. One less gray hair to deal with!

You know, this pisses me off a little.  It has been published before that Trovon Reed wants to be a hs football coach eventually and they basically just threatened him (by my reading) that if he goes to Auburn he won't get a job in La. as a hs coach.  Did anyone else pick up on that?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There were games that I thought the catch was out of the question, i was yelling to get away and let it bounce! Nice to know that we should have plenty of dependable options at the postition this year. One less gray hair to deal with!

Yes!  I was the same way!  I watch games with my dad sometimes and he was saying the same thing. When they punt, just don't put anyone back. I remember watching other teams who were able to catch the punt and take off. Looks so simple but caused such a headache all season.

My feelings got to the point that we needed to let the ball hit the ground and bounce to wherever it stopped. That is where our scoring drive would start from.

Yes!  I was the same way!  I watch games with my dad sometimes and he was saying the same thing. When they punt, just don't put anyone back. I remember watching other teams who were able to catch the punt and take off. Looks so simple but caused such a headache all season.

Yeah, I am with ya there. I would get so aggravated seeing other teams returners make it look easy. The kicker is, we had the athletes, just never seen so many guys look like the were petrified to catch the ball. Don't know what would have caused that. You know they had to have done that over and over in practice

Archived