So im curious...

guerra aguila

where do you guys think we stand with the current basketball signees? Do yall think they come to Auburn anyway or will they go else where?

can they leave if they have already signed?

I think that all depends on who JJ brings in as the next head coach.

I agree with yall on the coach thing.

I just think Im scared about what happened when Ellis got fired.

Lost Marco Killingsworth, Brandon Robinson, Lewis Monroe and a couple other guys...

I dont want this to happen again... although those guys were already on the team when they left... I hope we can keep the recruits.

If we get a good hire and with a new stadium I think they stay.

Our best commit Shawn Kemp only has offers from AU and UGA so I think he stays no matter what

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/basketball/recruiting/player-Shawn-Kemp-70211

That says something about the state of our basketball program. Think about it.  Our best commit only has offers from 2 schools??? Seriously? That's bad.

I think we wont lose any of the players that have committed unless we want to lose them. Quite frankly,  with the exception of Kemp the guys we have committed arent exactly hot commodities anyway.  I think that if Auburn hires a big time coach like Ford or the other "big hires" who's names have been thrown around that the new coach will probably pull some offers that Lebo gave out.  We got rid of an average at best coach, we are not going to sign average players.  The new coach will want to put his own class together of players that fit what he wants, not Lebo's hodgepodge guys that didnt fill all of the teams needs anyway. Just my 2 cents... 

I believe that if/when a coach is fired, the signees, if they haven't already attended class, can request and will have to be granted a release. Whether any of them will want a release or not probably depends entirely on who the next coach is.

Along with Kemp, we have signed two of the top 10 JUCO players in the country. Don't think we want to lose any of them. With the early signing period already over, there will be slim pickings out there for now.

Archived