Who do you think

auburn4ever

Of this list, who might be the front runners?

Tony Barbee, Danny Manning, Chuck Person, Mike Anderson, Terry Porter, Jeff Capel, Sam Mitchell, Rod Barns.

My top 4 are 1. Tony Barbee, 2. Sam Mitchell, 3. Danny Manning and 4. Chuck Person.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Capel=Lebo- Terry Porter would be a good hire I think. I dont know about the others.

Mark Montgomery at MSU appears to be a good good coach. Someone posted an article about him somewhere.

Of this list, who might be the front runners?

Tony Barbee#1, Danny Manning#3, Chuck PersonNO, Mike AndersonNO, Terry PorterNO, Jeff CapelNO, Sam Mitchell#2, Rod BarnsNO. The more I read about Scott Drew the better he looks.  And his salary is less than $500K plus incentives.

My top 4 are 1. Tony Barbee, 2. Sam Mitchell, 3. Danny Manning and 4. Chuck Person.

Auburn would become a BB school. Why not try and be your best? Why the loser mentality all the time? Pay the da*&^ damn what he's worth. We have a $92.5 million arena. Like Nike would say "JUST DO IT".

Man if we got Pitino, the whole SEC would shart in their pants!

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ;D

Come on JJ make us proud. Stop it with the high school coaches and get us a proven head coach. RICK PITINO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

If I remember correctly, 2 or 3 years ago it was reported that Rick Pitino told Bobby Petrino you don't won't to go to Auburn and get in all that mess.

The idea that simply throwing a bunch of money out there will get whoever we want is false. That type of coach is already making a bunch of money and they are looking at other factors.

$aban took a pay cut to go to UAT, because he wanted to get somewhere he could win more easily than in the NFL.

For a number of reasons, Sam Mitchell would be my choice and he might even be interested.

Money talks and bull$h!) walks.

Then why didn't Saban stay at Miami? He was making much more money there.

Good point 987, it seems like every post I have read shoots down the really big names. It's always, "You are crazy if you think he (insert name) will come here." The people who think small, are the very ones who always complain.

Good point 987, it seems like every post I have read shoots down the really big names. It's always, "You are crazy if you think he (insert name) will come here." The people who think small, are the very ones who always complain.

Tell me why Rick Patino will leave Louisville, a basketball power in basketball country, to come to Auburn. He wouldn't even be able to recruit at or attend AAU camps in Alabama because of permanent restrictions on Auburn. Do you seriously thing waving an extra wad of money will bring a guy like that down here?

We all want our next coach to be successful at Auburn. Try remembering this line of the Auburn Creed: "I believe this is a practical world". There's nothing practical about the thought that waving a bunch of money under the nose of some guy that's already rich will bring him here.

That's cool Mike. But don't say a word if the new coach ends up being mediocre. I'm just saying, let's think outside the box. At least try! That's like choosing a Geo Metro over a Porsche and then complaining about how much you hate the Metro when you could have paid the money and been happier.

Archived