Jalen Steele Being courted by others

Droxside

The player can contact other schools on his own. The schools can't contact the player but they can judge interest through his high school or AAU coach.

Go back and read the LOI that Philip Marshall posted. As I read it, the player is specifically forbidden from contacting other schools, and if schools contact him, his only comment is supposed to be "I have signed a LOI and am not available".

If he doesn't want to be at AU, then I think he should be released from his LOI.  I think with the Barbee hiring, he will want to stay though.  I know I would not want a player on the team that was there against his will.

:dunno:

The player can contact other schools on his own. The schools can't contact the player but they can judge interest through his high school or AAU coach.

Go back and read the LOI that Philip Marshall posted. As I read it, the player is specifically forbidden from contacting other schools, and if schools contact him, his only comment is supposed to be "I have signed a LOI and am not available".

I read it and you are right but the way I look at it is that it is an unenforceable rule. The player isn't going to testify against himself. Hopefully it's not an issue anymore with the new hire.

Anybody heard any word from this kid since the announcement about Barbee?  Said he wanted to wait and see...well, where is he now?

Archived