Auburn QBs

warfalcon23

Who is the best "Starting" Auburn QB (Your Favorite) of the past 20 years ???  

176 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best "Starting" Auburn QB (Your Favorite) of the past 20 years ???

• (1990-1993) Stan White
    • (1992-1995) Patrick Nix
    • (1994-1997) Dameyune Craig
    • (1997-2000) Ben Leard
    • (2001-2004) Jason Campbell
    • (2004-2007) Brandon Cox
    • (2008-2009) Chris Todd

Wow, I believe we have some Young peeps in this group... no one has talked about Stan White at all!?!?  :dunno:

"he started every game from his freshman year until his senior year, a total of 45 straight games. He was named permanent team captain on Auburn’s undefeated 1993 team that went 11-0 and was also named to Auburn’s Team of the Decade for the 1990’s."

I think Craig had 1 great season, but overall, he wasn't a great QB, rather made up for it with his incredible physical ability, IMO.

I really don't remember SW either as I just started watching auburn when he as there, but he just stands out to me as a winner.....

Wow, I believe we have some Young peeps in this group... no one has talked about Stan White at all!?!?   :dunno:

"he started every game from his freshman year until his senior year, a total of 45 straight games. He was named permanent team captain on Auburn’s undefeated 1993 team that went 11-0 and was also named to Auburn’s Team of the Decade for the 1990’s."

I think Craig had 1 great season, but overall, he wasn't a great QB, rather made up for it with his incredible physical ability, IMO.

I really don't remember SW either as I just started watching auburn when he as there, but he just stands out to me as a winner.....

White had a decent first year followed by two horrible seasons and finished with a really good year as a senior. Of his 4-years as a starter, White only had 1 season with a rating above 126.0. Craig started for 2 years and both seasons were above 126.0. During White's senior year (his best), he faced only 2 opponents with a winning record. Craig, during his senior season, faced 9 opponents with a winning record. Against opponents with a winning record, White threw for only 13 TD's and 34 picks. Craig threw for 17 TD's and 15 picks. When White's offense was held under 100-yards rushing, he threw for 4 TD's and 14 picks. When Craig's offense was held under 100-yards rushing, he passed for 15 TD's with 10 picks. Craig was more than just an athlete playing quarterback, he was a quarterback that was athletic.

Stan White was the essential great QB of the last 20 yrs. he's a true traditional pocket passer. had a great line to block also. so no need to run around sideline to sideline like DC. Patrick Nix was also a good QB. WDE!

I voted for Nix. DC was was by far the better athlete, but Nix, to me, cemented this distinction after the 1993 IB along with the 1994 Florida game

If 'Buster Brown' could have recruited some offense talent to support DC we would have been awesome!

We would have been absolutely unstoppable with Craig at the helm if he would have had the supporting cast.  I believe he would have also won a Heisman while at Auburn.  He was THAT good.  He could have definitely led us to a title with a little more talent surrounding him.

Wow, I believe we have some Young peeps in this group... no one has talked about Stan White at all!?!?   :dunno:

White had a decent first year followed by two horrible seasons and finished with a really good year as a senior. Of his 4-years as a starter, White only had 1 season with a rating above 126.0. Craig started for 2 years and both seasons were above 126.0. During White's senior year (his best), he faced only 2 opponents with a winning record. Craig, during his senior season, faced 9 opponents with a winning record. Against opponents with a winning record, White threw for only 13 TD's and 34 picks. Craig threw for 17 TD's and 15 picks. When White's offense was held under 100-yards rushing, he threw for 4 TD's and 14 picks. When Craig's offense was held under 100-yards rushing, he passed for 15 TD's with 10 picks. Craig was more than just an athlete playing quarterback, he was a quarterback that was athletic.

Can't argue with the Stats.... How soon I forget about the 91 and 92 seasons, only remember the 93 season... I just hope Newton is on this list and has an outstanding two years here... that's my vote now, Can we change?

I voted for Nix. DC was was by far the better athlete, but Nix, to me, cemented this distinction after the 1993 IB along with the 1994 Florida game

Very good points bird.

i am kinda partial to Brandon Cox, since we both attended the same high school together, he was just a year behind me though.

i am kinda partial to Brandon Cox, since we both attended the same high school together, he was just a year behind me though.

Not to bash Brandon Cox, but am I the ONLY one who thinks he was better his sophmore year than his junior or senior seasons......just sayin'

Not to bash Brandon Cox, but am I the ONLY one who thinks he was better his sophmore year than his junior or senior seasons......just sayin'

His senior year was the worst of his 3 seasons as the starter. He actually had a higher QB rating in 2006 than 2005, which was amazing considering he lost the majority of his receivers in 2006. Added to the woes of 2006 was the LSU game, where Cox was injured and was never healthy the remainder of the season. Kenny Irons was also banged up most of the season putting even more pressure on Cox during the 2006 season. Often lost when recalling Cox is his health issues that were non-football related. He had to overcome so much just to get on the field much less direct an offense at the SEC level.

I voted for Brandon Cox. I've always liked him. He won a lot of games for us and he battled through a lot.

Nothing bad about picking Brandon Cox. I think he healthy Cox would have played very well in Malzahn's offense.

Nothing bad about picking Brandon Cox. I think he healthy Cox would have played very well in Malzahn's offense.

I agree -

look how he ran the O in the Clemson bowl game -

and with just a few weeks of Franklin's training -

CGM would've had even better results!!

I voted for Brandon Cox. I've always liked him. He won a lot of games for us and he battled through a lot.

he certainly made tony franklins offense look good against clemson.

Archived