ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

My knee jerk was ill.  I hate change when you're winning.

Alex is a solid player.  Career just a shade under .250 I believe and batting right around that mark currently also.  Nowhere near the defender as escobar IMHO.  Looking at the numbers, it is a step up.  Yunel was cheap though.  He was making sub-500K i believe.  Gonzalez was making over 5 mil just a few years ago.  now he's sub 3 mil.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but can any one of you nay sayers tell me why this is bad? Because he's one of the guys that got us here? He's terrible at the plate. He has maybe 30 rbi's. He has ZERO that's right 0 HR's. The biggest problem is LACK OF EFFORT!!!!!!! And the good ole Escobar I don't give a rat's *** attitude all the time. He didn't fit in on this team and nobody liked him on the team which is bad. One bad apple... Blah blah. We have a guy now who is a hard working every day player that has some pop in his bat. He can hit virtually anywhere in the order. Can you imagine 1. Prado 2. Gonzalez 3. Chipper 4. McCann/Glaus 5. Glaus/McCann 6. Heyward then throw in Diaz, Blanco, Infante, McClouth, etc. That looks strong to me. Just an opinion from me, but I was tired of Esco and I think the Braves were too.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but can any one of you nay sayers tell me why this is bad? Because he's one of the guys that got us here? He's terrible at the plate. He has maybe 30 rbi's. He has ZERO that's right 0 HR's. The biggest problem is LACK OF EFFORT!!!!!!! And the good ole Escobar I don't give a rat's *** attitude all the time. He didn't fit in on this team and nobody liked him on the team which is bad. One bad apple... Blah blah. We have a guy now who is a hard working every day player that has some pop in his bat. He can hit virtually anywhere in the order. Can you imagine 1. Prado 2. Gonzalez 3. Chipper 4. McCann/Glaus 5. Glaus/McCann 6. Heyward then throw in Diaz, Blanco, Infante, McClouth, etc. That looks strong to me. Just an opinion from me, but I was tired of Esco and I think the Braves were too.

Especially Bobby

No doubt.  He would make improvements and then get back into doing stuff that got under everyone's skin.  Short term, it's a great move.  I hear from someone very close to the team that told me he would be gone asap.  'Only a matter of time.  They didn't want to chance damaging the chemistry this team has and they got a guy putting up great numbers overall to replace him.  I've been hearing they were gonna go all out to make this final year for Bobby (and maybe Chipper?) special.  'Looks like that's just what they're doing.  Go Bravos and congrats to Mac on that performance last night.  It doesn't get any bigger than that!

Especially after last weekend's game.  Where escobar missed a fly ball and almost got Glaus injured.  Bobby kicked over a chair in the dugout.  I think it was simply time to move on.  I am excited to see what Alex Gonzalez can do.  We really didn't lose anyone in the trade.  So we will see on thursday.

Initially I was upset when I heard about this trade but then gave it more consideration. Gonzo's power could be a huge pickup for us. Now I was curious who won in this trade in the long-term (i.e. better prospects) and according to at least one guy, it's us. Good news guys!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5379421

Take his opinion with a grain of salt because he was the Blue Jays GM when these players were drafted haha.

I agree.  As I admitted, I knee jerked when I heard.  I do not believe Gonzo will be a long term SS solution.  I say we try to get Jeff Blauser back.

Not so much.  An infield of Mark Grace, Ryan Sandberg, Jeff Blauser, and Terry Pendleton and you have my childhood memories all rolled up into one team.  I guess Shawon Dunston, the Crime Dog, and Sid Bream could be my backups and then let Andre Dawson just stand on the rail in the dugout and look mad as hell all the time.... .  ahhh memories.

Not so much.  An infield of Mark Grace, Ryan Sandberg, Jeff Blauser, and Terry Pendleton and you have my childhood memories all rolled up into one team.  I guess Shawon Dunston, the Crime Dog, and Sid Bream could be my backups and then let Andre Dawson just stand on the rail in the dugout and look mad as hell all the time.... .  ahhh memories.

Man them were the good ol days.

The talk around the Atl. is Bobby was not happy with Escobar. Not the best clubhouse player type of guy. Plus they just pick up 17 home runs that Gonzalez  has hit to compare to zero I believe Escobar has. I like the deal.

I agree,very good deal for the Braves.If you cant play for Cox,you are a head case.It seems he was a bad guy in the clubhouse as well.He was stinking it up on the field as well. Escobar had under 20 RBI,Gonzalez has 17 HR! Wren is getting the job done.

The talk around the Atl. is Bobby was not happy with Escobar. Not the best clubhouse player type of guy. Plus they just pick up 17 home runs that Gonzalez  has hit to compare to zero I believe Escobar has. I like the deal.

I agree,very good deal for the Braves.If you cant play for Cox,you are a head case.It seems he was a bad guy in the clubhouse as well.He was stinking it up on the field as well. Escobar had under 20 RBI,Gonzalez has 17 HR! Wren is getting the job done.

^^This^^

Braves are banking a lot on Gonzalez continuing his unlikely power stretch.  The problem I see there is that Gonzalez's entire offense is more or less driven by his home-runs; the majority of which are barely making it over the wall.

Thanks for the insight Mayonegg. I do not expect him to hit as many HR at Turner Field but he does have 17 more than Yunel as we speak.

which is an infinity times better than Yunel's

Im suprised it took this long to trade him.  He was a bad apple.  A lot of guys didnt like him in the dugout.  He was careless and lazy on the field.  I dont think we are through trading around just yet.  It feels good to be buyers at this time of year. :we: