ATLANTA BRAVES THREAD!

Ronald McDonald

Braves win again. Pitching has been outstanding. Allowed 2 runs last 27 innings. Bats coming alive today with a 7-1 win over the Astors.

Definitely not a bad sign, but it's still spring training...not getting my hopes up too high right now, much as I see all kinds of potential. If McClouth continues to improve and Freeman lives up to his billing, this could be a great year for the Bravos.

For those that don't know, the Braves's game vs. the Red Sox tomorrow at noon CST will be broadcasted on ESPN

Thanks; I'll have to watch at least some of that.

Damn, the red sox brought just about everyone, including big papi. Braves have Prado, Jones, Hinske, Conrad, Hernandez, Ramirez, Ross, Mather, and I forgot whose in right

Off topic, but see that Braves Coach lost his left eye, after being hit by a Brian McCann line-drive foul ball. SIAP

http://eye-on-baseball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22297882/27928257

I was just about to mention this.  I just thank the Lord he's alive.

Yeah, seriously. I hate it for him and his family, and for Brian, because you know he's got to feel like crap about it.

Still looking good so far. Heyward returned to the lineup today, and smacked one over the right field wall. Chipper also added his 3rd homer of the spring, and Freeman went long as well. Chipper seems to be 150%, saying he feels no discomfort at all, and he made two very skilled defensive plays today, one of which involved pushing off his bad knee to snag a liner. Things are certainly looking good so far

That's good news. I might be delusional but I think we have a pretty good chance in the NL East this year. Who cares about the Phillies?

nothin delusional bout that.

The phillies' hitters are getting to where they cant stay healthy. Their staff is nasty, but how are they gonna score? I think the bravos have a great shot

Prado has become a hitting machine, Heyward is a beast, Chipper is looking good again, McCann is one of the two best catchers in baseball, Uggla has a proven track record of hitting for power, McClouth's aggressive approach seems to be doing wonders for him, and Freeman has provided no indication that he's anything less than the awesome prospect he's been made out to be. Derek Lowe has shown glimpses of the form that made him one of the best starters in baseball for years, Hudson is awesome, Hanson is a strikeout machine, and Jurrjens is mature beyond his years.

I wouldn't say we're going to challenge for the East; I'd say we're serious contenders to win it all.

Prado has become a hitting machine, Heyward is a beast, Chipper is looking good again, McCann is one of the two best catchers in baseball, Uggla has a proven track record of hitting for power, McClouth's aggressive approach seems to be doing wonders for him, and Freeman has provided no indication that he's anything less than the awesome prospect he's been made out to be. Derek Lowe has shown glimpses of the form that made him one of the best starters in baseball for years, Hudson is awesome, Hanson is a strikeout machine, and Jurrjens is mature beyond his years.

I wouldn't say we're going to challenge for the East; I'd say we're serious contenders to win it all.

I think your right. The Braves have a solid chance to make a run for it all.

I hope yall are right. The hitting definitely doesn't concern me at all on this team. Although it could be a little inconsistent at times this year because of the youth of some key players like Freeman and Heyward.

The back end of our rotation is what has me worried. It's clear that pitching wins key games especially in the Playoffs. I feel comfortable with Hudson and Lowe on the mound. Jurrjens is a wild card but has the capability to be great. Hanson is still really young but getting much better.

Having said all of that, I think we are one good year away from making a legitimate run deep into the Playoffs.

I hope yall are right. The hitting definitely doesn't concern me at all on this team. Although it could be a little inconsistent at times this year because of the youth of some key players like Freeman and Heyward.

The back end of our rotation is what has me worried. It's clear that pitching wins key games especially in the Playoffs. I feel comfortable with Hudson and Lowe on the mound. Jurrjens is a wild card but has the capability to be great. Hanson is still really young but getting much better.

Having said all of that, I think we are one good year away from making a legitimate run deep into the Playoffs.

Hudson is a legitimate staff ace, Hanson has the stuff to be one of the best in baseball, Lowe isn't so far past his prime that he can't handle being a top of the rotation guy, Jurrjens has the tools but needs to get his velo situation worked out, and Mike Minor has been successful at every level he's pitched at (I sincerely believe he has top of the rotation stuff). Plus Brandon Beachy has done nothing but provide indication that he is a pretty danged serviceable major league starter in his own right if anything happens to the others.

I really think the pitching staff is going to be a strength this year.

Hudson is a legitimate staff ace, Hanson has the stuff to be one of the best in baseball, Lowe isn't so far past his prime that he can't handle being a top of the rotation guy, Jurrjens has the tools but needs to get his velo situation worked out, and Mike Minor has been successful at every level he's pitched at (I sincerely believe he has top of the rotation stuff). Plus Brandon Beachy has done nothing but provide indication that he is a pretty danged serviceable major league starter in his own right if anything happens to the others.

I really think the pitching staff is going to be a strength this year.

we are on the same page... I believe your right. If the pitching and hitting can stay on the same page, watch out for the braves.

Hitting is the weakness of the Braves. The pitching did really well in the playoffs last year, but we couldn't hit anything. It was painful to watch. Our rotation will be a strength but we have to find someone that can drive in runs

The addition of Uggla and Freeman will help along with a healthy heyward and chipper. Plus, mclouth is hitting much better this spring than last year. Not to mention we have prado and McCann that are both all stars plus gonzo is pretty decent so I think our offense will be just fine

McClouth is the key.If he can lead off and hit .270+ and cut down on KO's and steal some bases,our offense will be stout.

I look for FG to play small ball  more that Cox did.Look for more steal attempts and hit and runs.

McClouth is the key.If he can lead off and hit .270+ and cut down on KO's and steal some bases,our offense will be stout.

I look for FG to play small ball  more that Cox did.Look for more steal attempts and hit and runs.

I believe Nate has only 3 or 4 SO's so far in spring training. I know he has more walks then SO's