Regionals

How do they pick the 16 teams that host a regional? If its by rankings we are sure to get a spot.

Rivals 12th

NCBWA 16th

Baseball America 13th

USA Today 16th

Colligiate Baseball 14th

That gives us an average ranking of 14.2.

not based purely on rankings.  Each school that wants to host a regional has to submit a bid or plan (not sure what they call it) to show they have the facilities necessary to host the event.  AU has them that won't be a problem, most everyone believes we are a lock to host a regional, and if we win another game or two in Hoover, (and win our regional) we may be a super regional site as well.

Guest auburn warrior

i saw on rivals .com that if we do host a regional  4 teams in it will be auburn, fsu, elon and i forgot the 4th team

Well our odds because though we lost tonight, we just didnt play good baseball game. We had opportunities but we just didn't play solid baseball tonight. I think we'll be fine in our regional.

i saw on rivals .com that if we do host a regional  4 teams in it will be auburn, fsu, elon and i forgot the 4th team

The fourth team was Wright State who got the automatic bid out of the Horizon Conference.

I think its impressive that 9 of 12 SEC are projected to be in the NCAA tournament this season which includes 4 of 16 hosting sites

We had a rough tournament all the way around. Nelson shut us down the first game, and without Simpson's homer we lose 1-0 in 9 innings. That would have meant 1 run in 2 games for the top offense in the conference. Tonight we make 5 hours and tried to make it 6 but the ball rolled right up Gilmer's arm and into McdElroy's glove for a double play. Yes, we scored 7 runs which is nice, but we should have beaten Ole Miss in 9 innings. Hopefully the first 2 games were a reflection of the early morning wake up call and subsequent early game time. We need to put this behind us and get healthy and roll through the regional and move on to Supers.

Well our odds because though we lost tonight, we just didnt play good baseball game. We had opportunities but we just didn't play solid baseball tonight. I think we'll be fine in our regional.

We seldom play good baseball. Yesterday's game against SC was the exception. As we get into tournaments and the opposition gets better and better we'll have more and more trouble simply slugging them to death.

This Auburn team is fun to watch with all the homers and so forth but when it gets tough the pitching and defense have to come through. Our defense is statistically 11th in the SEC and we've got only three pitchers (two starters and one reliever) that have a chance to win a low scoring game.

I understand what you're saying but there is a reason we won 20 SEC games this season and 40 games all together. We've played good baseball but we have rougher nights than others.

I'm just not sure how far we're gonna get with this kind of defense. It's not a secret our defense has been a sore spot all year. Hopefully, Pawlowski will go out and bring in a SS to compete with McElroy next year b/c if that's the best he can do, we're in deep trouble. I understand that we didn't have two of our best players in the lineup tonight, but we just didn't look good in this tournament at all. I am glad, however, that we won a game b/c it probably saved our regional host. Getting back in our ballpark will be a great thing, but our defense and pitching depth have to get better.

He hasn't had the best year but we seem to have forgotten that he was a Freshman All-American one season ago. The problem I think has been at second base with Hargett. I love the guy cause he's a great player but he has made several costly errors. He should have caught the ball Nelson threw to him for the pickoff in the 4th or 5th inning but he missed it and the guy later came in to score to go up 4-3.

I like McElroy's bat, and it would be totally unfair to put the blame on just him. Hargett had a rough tournament. He made an error in the Bama game that probably would have resulted in a double play. That was the inning that bama got on the board and took the lead. He made 2 errors tonight and it seemed like he struck out everytime he was up to bat. We need to regroup or the Regional will be some humbling medicine that nobody wants to swallow

What I read on here confirms what I saw in the tournament. What I am reading is that we do not play good defense. Other than the outfield in the first two games, I did not see good defense. I saw "some" good pitching. I saw some pitching that was questionable. On offense, I finally saw a two homerun game. That was the game we lost 10 - 7 tonight. Evidently, and I think the stats show it, we are a team that hits a lot of homeruns when we're not playing at Regions Park. That makes us a fun team to watch when we're not playing there. I do not necessarily call that a good team. We seem to be a fun team to watch that wound up with a good record because we can really play gorilla ball everywhere except Regions Park. If we are going to continue to be a gorilla ball team then I hope the SEC moves the tournament to another park.

This loss may do a lot of good. Paw will train our guys hard and get 'em ready for the NCAA!

Related quote by Darrell Royal, a couple of decades ago: " I'm sure something good happens to a team when they lose a game. I just haven't figured out what it is."

We had chances like in the third inning when we had the bases loaded with only one out and didn't score anymore when it was 3-3. We didn't execute a bunt in the ninth after Casey's led off with a single, fielding was very like a little league team. Our bullpen is scary with the exception of Slade Smith and Austin Hubbard. Just plain bad fundamentals of baseball. With Mummy and Flecher out our offense and defense was less than stellar. We will have to play alot better baseball at home to win our regional. Sure hope Mummy and Flecher can play. We did hit a lot balls at the Met that would have been homers at home. Lets regroup and have a huge home field advange at home and get loud. :wareagle:

We didn't play with one of our top hitters for two of the games and didn't have Mummey for the last one. I think we're gonna be just fine for regional play. The key is to win those first two games. We're not deep enough in our rotation to have to beat a team twice. Anyway I still see us getting out of the regional and playing in a superegional which would be the perfect way to cap a spectacular year!

Why would Florida State be in our regional.  I thoughtI saw somewhere that they were hosting one (I could easily be wrong). 

It's all speculation until the announcements tomorrow. What you've seen so far is opinion only. I hope FSU hosts their own. I get to see a lot of ACC baseball on FoxSportsSouth and FSU, Miami and Virginia are all the real deal.

We had chances like in the third inning when we had the bases loaded with only one out and didn't score anymore when it was 3-3. We didn't execute a bunt in the ninth after Casey's led off with a single, fielding was very like a little league team. Our bullpen is scary with the exception of Slade Smith and Austin Hubbard. Just plain bad fundamentals of baseball. With Mummy and Flecher out our offense and defense was less than stellar. We will have to play alot better baseball at home to win our regional. Sure hope Mummy and Flecher can play. We did hit a lot balls at the Met that would have been homers at home. Lets regroup and have a huge home field advange at home and get loud. :wareagle:

Austin Hubbard has the lowest ERA on the team. Slade is 3-0, and has a lower ERA than our Friday and Saturday starters. On top of that, he is only a freshman. Look for Slade to do really well in the future.

Archived