Auburn Baseball has been transformed

All of this talk about how Auburn has an inconsistent defense, a thin pitching staff, can't hit great pitching, etc. needs to stop. Some of it may be true, but consider this:

Did ANYONE expect Auburn to win the SEC West title this year? Didn't think so. Coach Pawlowski has taken a team with no confidence, and instilled the "Expect to Win" mentality in these guys. He did that on day one, and the results have been unbelievable in year two. We have the SEC Player of the Year, will 99% sure be hosting a regional next weekend, and brought pride and credibility back to our University.

Yes, we hit a rough patch in the SEC this weekend. We had a tough draw, with some hot teams, and some even hotter pitching. 9:30 games are never easy to win, and neither are games following a 2 hour rain delay. I'll tell you one thing, all the negative talk isn't going to do anyone any good.

I sat at the Alabama v. Florida game today, and all the Alabama fans could do was complain. They were up 5-1, and every little thing so much as a ball by their pitcher was the end of the world. We are AUBURN, and we are not like that.

If and when we get our regional bid, everyone of you that can had better go out and buy tickets. We're a different team at home, and have a chance to make a deep run in the postseason. Be proud, because we have one of the top teams in the country, regardless of what happened in the tournament.

WAR EAGLE.

:believe:

AMEN!!!! Great post WarEagleNation. Your exactly right, this team has put Auburn baseball back on the map and if Plainsman Park isn't over flowing with people next weekend something is terribly wrong. They deserve our support no matter what happens. And just like you said we are a different team at home so let's pack that stadium and make it hell for the 3 teams that have to come here

Great post.. I agree 100%. We need to completely fill the stands for this team. They are putting everything they have into the game and we need to be there for them.

:believe:    :believe:  :believe:  :we: :we: :we: :we:

Nailed it there bud. This is a great team we've got, and every team hits slumps. Once they get back to Plainsmen Park I think they'll be fine. Regions park is bigger than TURNER FIELD. We hit quite a few balls that wouldve been homer at home. BTW does anyone have an idea of how much tickets are gonna be? I know its early but Im trying to judge if I can afford to come up to watch

Yes, we hit a rough patch in the SEC this weekend. We had a tough draw, with some hot teams, and some even hotter pitching. 9:30 games are never easy to win, and neither are games following a 2 hour rain delay. I'll tell you one thing, all the negative talk isn't going to do anyone any good.

It was 9:30 for both teams, the rain delay affected both teams and we, the #2 seed, drew the #7 seed.

Nobody here is against Auburn. I think everybody that's posted is happy with the team's progress over last year. However, what sports fans do is discuss their teams, both the good and the bad.

Saying the defense and pitching ain't been all that hot doesn't make me less of an Auburn man because the defense and pitching, well, they ain't been all that hot.

The question is whether those areas of play are going to improve before the NCAA tournament starts or are they a "wait 'till next year" deal?

If we can't discuss things like that you should pin a "Sunshine Pumpers Only" tag at the top of the forum.

MikeP-

People were indeed overreacting about the things going on at the Tournament. It wasn't that we were mentally unprepared, Coach P knows hows to prepare. That's how we swept Ole Miss on the road and won the West. I certainly wouldn't think any less of you for pointing out their weak spots, because we all know they have them, but this tournament meant nothing as far as our postseason hopes went, and some people acted like it was life and death.

Trust me, it would take much more for me to think of you as less than an Auburn man.  :wareagle: I hope you'll make it down for Regionals this weekend.

WAR EAGLE!

All is good, just clearing the air (or my head, whichever). I'll be at Plainsman Park with orange and blue bells on. On second thought, scratch the bells part...

It was 9:30 for both teams, the rain delay affected both teams and we, the #2 seed, drew the #7 seed.

Nobody here is against Auburn. I think everybody that's posted is happy with the team's progress over last year. However, what sports fans do is discuss their teams, both the good and the bad.

Saying the defense and pitching ain't been all that hot doesn't make me less of an Auburn man because the defense and pitching, well, they ain't been all that hot.

"Discussing" a team, and whining like babies, is a whole different thing. There has been a whole lot of whining, most of it in poor taste and unrealistic. Do you really expect the coach to take a last place team and make them gold glovers in two years? Get real!

The question is whether those areas of play are going to improve before the NCAA tournament starts or are they a "wait 'till next year" deal?

If we can't discuss things like that you should pin a "Sunshine Pumpers Only" tag at the top of the forum.

Archived