Chase Williamson

Just thought I'd post that Chase Williamson, a rising senior at my high school (UMS-Wright), committed to play baseball for Auburn the other day. In his junior season, he led us to the State Championship, and hit .491 with 8 HRs and 35 RBI, while going 12-1 on the mound with a 1.99 ERA. War Damn Eagle!

Just thought I'd post that Chase Williamson, a rising senior at my high school (UMS-Wright), committed to play baseball for Auburn the other day. In his junior season, he led us to the State Championship, and hit .491 with 8 HRs and 35 RBI, while going 12-1 on the mound with a 1.99 ERA. War Damn Eagle!

His potential to succeed on the Plains looks great!  A hitting machine with a 1.99 ERA is impressive.  War Eagle!

His potential to succeed on the Plains looks great!   A hitting machine with a 1.99 ERA is impressive.   War Eagle!

His offensive numbers are watered down too, in terms of HRs and RBI, because he is intentionally walked at least twice a game

His potential to succeed on the Plains looks great!   A hitting machine with a 1.99 ERA is impressive.   War Eagle!

His offensive numbers are watered down too, in terms of HRs and RBI, because he is intentionally walked at least twice a game

that's great to hear. Opponents look him as a threat.

that's great to hear. Opponents look him as a threat.

Yeah, it wasnt until this year that opponents finally decided to walk him. He's been batting cleanup for varsity since he was in 8th grade

Is he going to pitch or hit at AUburn? Do you know what he is being recruited as?

Im not sure, none of the reports in the paper or on the news indicated where he was gonna play. Ill ask him next time I see him

Personally, I would think a Pitcher, especially with a 12-1 record and a 1.99 ERA...

http://blog.al.com/josh-bean/2010/06/ums-wrights_chase_williamson_announces_decision_to_play_baseball_at_auburn.html

I think so too. A few MLB scouts came to our school during the season and clocked his fastball at 92 mph FWIW

Personally, I would think a Pitcher, especially with a 12-1 record and a 1.99 ERA...

http://blog.al.com/josh-bean/2010/06/ums-wrights_chase_williamson_announces_decision_to_play_baseball_at_auburn.html

I'm sure that CJP will take advantage of all of his abilities... Tim Hudson and Hayden Gilemmo come to mind....

Archived