Falwell Integrates Faith Into Law School

CShine

The Rev. Jerry Falwell will open a law school this month in hopes of training a generation of attorneys who will fight for conservative causes.

"We want to infiltrate the culture with men and women of God who are skilled in the legal profession," Falwell said in a telephone interview Tuesday with The Associated Press. "We'll be as far to the right as Harvard is to the left."

Graduates of the law school - part of Falwell's Liberty University in Lynchburg, which is affiliated with his Baptist ministry - could tackle such issues as abortion rights and gay marriage, Falwell said. Classes begin Aug. 23 for the first-year class of 61 law students.

Falwell said his law school will be similar to its Christian-leaning counterparts like Regent University in Virginia Beach, which religious broadcaster Pat Robertson founded.

Classroom lectures and discussions will fuse the teachings of the Bible with the U.S. Constitution, stressing the connections between faith, law and morality, said law school Dean Bruce Green, who has experience in civil liberties litigation.

"There is a strong need for this," said Green, who believes many of his colleagues take sides on abortion and genetic engineering without first considering what is morally right.

"There are certain views that might carry the day in legal circles that are morally indefensible and at one time was legally indefensible," he said.

The Link

Moral Lawyers??? Say it ain't so!! What is this world coming to? *grin*

Well, at least they've already adjudged others values to be sin and intend to punish them with the vengence of the Lord so he won't have to wait! Makes sense to me.

Hmmm...... a whole new batch of "Roy Moore" clones. Not sure that is a good idea, myself. I have slightly less trust of lawyers than I do of TV preachers, LOL. When you put the two together, that is scary!!!!

...will fuse the teachings of the Bible with the U.S. Constitution

The Link

Didn't the Taliban try something similar a few years ago?

Step 1: Repeal the First Amendment.

Step 2.....

Personally I don't care for Jerry Fallwell, therefore I tend to not pay attention to him or news of him. But I will weigh in and say if all he accomplished was putting out lawyers that never misappropriate clients funds and work diligently for their clients it would be a good thing. Despite all the lawyer jokes, there are some great people who are lawyers.

But in reality if I ever needed a lawyer, I don't think I would necessarily be looking for one that walked the straight and narrow. I would want the meanest most ruthless biggest bully lawyer I could find. ;)

Since we basically have a Country loaded with liberal-no faith morons on the benches now, it couldn't hurt! B)

Archived