What do you look in football recruits the most?

AUDynasty

What quality of a football recruit stands out to you?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What quality of a football recruit stands out to you?

• Speed
    • Size
    • High School Stats
    • Caliber
    • Athleticism
    • Intelligence
    • Other

I picked intellegence, with the assumption that intellegence=knowlegde of the game and play-reading ability. KF's 26 ACT score is great, but his leadership and ability to read defensive schemes impresses me most (as a football recruit).

My 2nd choice would have to be athleticism.

I picked caliber. Probably not how I should view recruits, but every time we talk about a new recruit on here I always ask the question to myself- Is he a 4 star? 5 star? Oh well

Offer list. i dont mind taking a few who only have offers from like Arky st, and La tech. I want the guys that everybody want. If a kid has 20 major offers. Than i think hes a cant miss that many coaches dont miss.

I picked intellegence, with the assumption that intellegence=knowlegde of the game and play-reading ability. KF's 26 ACT score is great, but his leadership and ability to read defensive schemes impresses me most (as a football recruit).

My 2nd choice would have to be athleticism.

Intellegence is important - especially at QB, but if that was the most important characteristic, the chess team would be All-Americans!

i'm the only one that has chose "speed"?    kinda weird

i usually look at the speed no matter what position, so i went with that one.

SPEED . . . You either got it or you dont. I would love for Auburn to have the fastest team in the country.  How has Florida done the past few years with all that speed they got?  They are blazing fast and they have a couple of National championships to show for it too.

other.. Football smarts..not book smarts, but football smarts. Big difference.

for me, it depends on their position. 

OL=size

DL=athleticism

WR/DB=speed

RB=Agility

LB=intelligence

QB=Accuracy

If you lay out a group of talented players, what stands out most to me is the love of the game.  There are ones that do it because they are good at it and there are ones that do it because they love it.  A good example to me this past year was Jessel Curry.  That kid loves football.

If you lay out a group of talented players, what stands out most to me is the love of the game.  There are ones that do it because they are good at it and there are ones that do it because they love it.  A good example to me this past year was Jessel Curry.  That kid loves football.

^^This^^ The kid is going to be special.

Speed! You can't teach speed. You can study and get smarter,work out and get stronger and bigger,but speed is god given.Sure there are little things that can increase speed somewhat but only by a miniscule amount.

Archived