Auburn Fans at game with extra tickets....

FreeBird

If you are attending a home game or away game and have extra tickets please DO NOT SELL THEM to a professional scalper. There are many AU fans that would like to buy tickets outside the stadium. I always buy at least two or more. Don't fall into the trap of scalpers. They will low ball you then turn right around and try to resale them for two or three times what they gave you. I'm not saying that AU fans don't low ball but there are some of us that will pay fair market price for small or big opponents. When I have extra tickets I will look for true AU fans and negotiate a fair price or just give them to a family with small children. Please consider what I'm saying. Below I have listed what a Professional Scalper looks like.

They ride bicycles.

They hold up signs that say "Need Tickets" with one hand while holding tickets for sale in the other hand.

When you talk to them and make an offer they usually say a cuss word and walk away.

They are miles away from JHS wanting your extra tickets telling you they are not worth much.

This is just a few examples.

PLEASE SELL TO TRUE AU FANS.  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.  :thumbsup:

:beatmullet:

• 3 weeks later...

As an Auburn fan who happens to be one of these boogie-man "scalpers" I think some of your assumptions are all wrong.  I have been to every single auburn home game for the past 24 years regardless of who is playing anywhere else, I ALWAYS go to auburn.  I have been a season ticket holder for 23 of those years.  I have never ridden a bicycle and have never cussed at someone while attempting to buy their tickets. I do hold a sign. I charge around 10-20 dollars over cost on an average game.  some games being alot more, some less.  I sell to people who don't want to walk 10 miles to save 10 dollars on good seats.  I will always try to pay a fair price for tickets if given the opprotunity.  Some people ASSume that i am trying to buy them for little to nothing,  when actually in some instances, I have orders to fill and will pay more to keep my customer happy  I have been buying tickets from some people around where I stand for over 15 years.  you probably had a bad experience with some of the "thug"  ticket scalpers and those are the ones to stay away from, they deal in counterfit money and tickets.  I have a regular 40-50 hour a week job just like you I did this to put my now school teacher wife through college years ago,  and loved doing it.  I have never lied about the location of a ticket and if you ask me if I am going to resell them I will even tell you yes.  Don't be mad at capitalism, there are too many in office today who are.  If you are ever on the west side I am standing next to the police officers about a block down.  Stop by and give me a chance,  you might be surprised to meet what you would call an honest crook. 

As an Auburn fan who happens to be one of these boogie-man "scalpers" I think some of your assumptions are all wrong.  I have been to every single auburn home game for the past 24 years regardless of who is playing anywhere else, I ALWAYS go to auburn.  I have been a season ticket holder for 23 of those years.  I have never ridden a bicycle and have never cussed at someone while attempting to buy their tickets. I do hold a sign. I charge around 10-20 dollars over cost on an average game.  some games being alot more, some less.  I sell to people who don't want to walk 10 miles to save 10 dollars on good seats.  I will always try to pay a fair price for tickets if given the opprotunity.  Some people ASSume that i am trying to buy them for little to nothing,  when actually in some instances, I have orders to fill and will pay more to keep my customer happy  I have been buying tickets from some people around where I stand for over 15 years.  you probably had a bad experience with some of the "thug"  ticket scalpers and those are the ones to stay away from, they deal in counterfit money and tickets.  I have a regular 40-50 hour a week job just like you I did this to put my now school teacher wife through college years ago,  and loved doing it.  I have never lied about the location of a ticket and if you ask me if I am going to resell them I will even tell you yes.  Don't be mad at capitalism, there are too many in office today who are.  If you are ever on the west side I am standing next to the police officers about a block down.  Stop by and give me a chance,  you might be surprised to meet what you would call an honest crook. 

SPIDERMAN1570,  I think the original poster was referring more to individuals who do this to supply a substantial portion of their income and on average double the face value price of the tickets while reselling.  If you are actually only marking up the price by $10-$20 over face I don't think anyone would hold that against you to cover your expenses but the original poster was correct in telling the board members to be wary of most scalpers since very few operate the way you do.

Oh and if you can get me some Clemson tickets for only $10-$20 over face please feel free to PM me since I am currently looking  :we: 

Yeah right!!

How refreshing! You are such an honest scalper. $10-$20 dollars over the price of a ticket? Maybe for UTChat or Ark St. Give me a break, scalpers are nothing more than car salesmen and I wouldn't call them/you true AU fans when all you care about is making profits off your fellow AUBURN brothers and sisters.  That is, if you really are a season ticket holder.

Well I don't even no where to begin as usual some individuals here only what they want and exclude all other facts.  I did say some games are more didn't I ?  You say profit like it is a bad word, but I'm sure you get paid for whatever services or goods you supply don't you? After all, profit is what keeps you in a job(maybe you flunked or didn't take economics 101).  I'm sure you don't work or volunteer for a nonprofit because most of the people in that line of work are very positive people, I know because I work in a pediatric hospital (you probably don't believe that either) so I do see volunteers on a regular basis.  You are probably just a very pessimistic person who blames others for your own inability to succeed.  Maybe if you would concentrate on being a better person yourself, you wouldn't feel the need to complain about someone, who in your own eyes you already perceive as a horrible person. If I could in closing advise you to get a couple of things that are sure to help you in the future-an education and a life

I am sure if you had an education and a life, you wouldn't have to sell tickets on a street corner bro. As for my education, you sell tickets on the hallowed ground where I received mine and I have a very good life thank you very much.  Have a great day!

:wedance:  :wareagle:

I cannot stand scalpers... They buy tickets up from people and jack up prices for people who are dying to get into a game. Spider, if you are a true AU fan, then why don't you go to the games instead of selling them?

Have you heard me once say I don't?  I'm there so why not walk around and sell tickets.  If you saw a twenty dollar bill on the ground wouldn't you pick it up?  I feel the same about ticket sales.  Why pass up the money if I'm there anyway.  I don't force people to sell to me, some don't want to stand around for an hour waiting for someone to buy from them when they could be tailgating, so they sell to me.  I can't make anyone buy or sell to me. No one buys stock and hopes it doesn't go up.  no one goes to college to see how little they can earn.  I don't always prosper greatly.  When the team suffers I suffer too (last year was a bad year to buy 30 more season tickets than normal)  Generally everyone who is going to read this probably has a job. whether you build houses or program computers, your hard work and effort went into the paycheck that you earned, no one works for free (although with obama were getting close).  Everywhere we look people are making money-profit (it's not a dirty word yet is it?).  Why is the fact that I walked 2 miles up the road to  make 20 bucks off someone who wanted that particular section such a bad thing.  He was happy to get the seat, and I was happy to get the extra money.I live 45 minutes from athens and could go there to sell if I chose, but I truly love going to auburn on gameday. The people ther are the best and most hospitable anywhere, and I've been to every S.E.C. stadium there is (lsu is the worst by the way with athens a close second).  If you still hate scalpers there isn't much more I can say that will change your mind, and goodness knows there are plenty of examples why you could hate us (thug scalpers). But like I said before if you swing by my corner, you will be treated with respect and be given a fair price.  For my own peace of mind I will no longer comment on this, it's just that I am such a staunch conservative in my views, I just want to pull my hair out when capitalism is looked upon as a bad thing.  Just know that there is at least one scalper who invests in the school and truly loves being in auburn on gameday.  See you at niffers after the game. 

I am not a a fan of ticket scalpers either but I would say some of y'all missed why Spiderman started scalping tickets in the first place...

...I have a regular 40-50 hour a week job just like you I did this to put my now school teacher wife through college years ago,  and loved doing it... 

Sounds to me like he is a pretty smart man that uses his resources to help out his wife and family, I admire that. And after his wife got his degree why would he not want to continue something he enjoys? plus it brings home a little more "bacon" for retirement savings, kids college funds, vacations, etc. 

I have no problem with scalpers. If there were no scalpers how would you get tickets to the games that were sold out. Scalpers provide a needed service for some people, why would you hate on someone just trying to make a buck? If you dont like them, dont use them.

...I don't always prosper greatly.  When the team suffers I suffer too (last year was a bad year to buy 30 more season tickets than normal) 

Scalpers do not bother me but this freaking does!!!  Don't take up our good seats Mr. Scalper! angry-smiley-184.gif

I don't mind you buying people's extra and then selling them but to go ahead and buy a ton of season tickets to me is wrong

...I don't always prosper greatly.  When the team suffers I suffer too (last year was a bad year to buy 30 more season tickets than normal) 

Scalpers do not bother me but this freaking does!!!  Don't take up our good seats Mr. Scalper! angry-smiley-184.gif

I don't mind you buying people's extra and then selling them but to go ahead and buy a ton of season tickets to me is wrong

I agree jans. I have no problem with buying extra tickets. That helps everybody. But buying up season tickets to sell I have a problem with. Sure that helps you but it hurts the consumer, since if you wouldnt have bought them they could have at a lower price. As a first year transfer student I hate that aspect even more. I hate nerd grad students who buy football tickets to sell at 4 times the original price and force freshman and transfer students who didn't win the jackpot, instead of not buying tickets and then there would be enough for almost everyone who wants tickets.  :banghead: :banghead: You have no idea how much that pisses me off

These tickets were bought during the public sale, after those of us who have contributed to tuf get the tickets we want.  ANYONE can buy these(no donation required) they are upper level goal line or endzones in the top rows.  I would not really consider them to be good seats, but to some games a good seat is any seat.  I have already advised a couple people looking for seats to this weekends game on this website(no I did not try to sell them mine). you can also buy them for some individual games.  They still have these tickets available for every game at face value plus shipping and a small processing fee at the ticket office RIGHT NOW. Don't hesitate buy them NOW 1-800-aub-1957.  Unless you just wanted something to complain about.

I am sure he didnt sell those tickets in 2004-2005 for $10-$20 even for La tech or ball st. or whoever we played for homecoming etc. And I am sure he will not, especially when we are back to being nationally ranked.

Hey can I get some Clemson tickets for 10-20 bucks over ticket price? how bout arkansas, LSU, Ga.?

If you want tickets to those games buy the season tickets still available.  If you REALLY want to pay around 20 bucks over then donate to tuf and buy the season package next year.  If you donated 220 per season ticket seat this year you would have paid 27.50 over per ticket( 8 games divided into 220 dollars). That is the best way to help the school also, and I do believe you can write off some of that expense. It's not rocket science, I'm not doing anything you can't. 

I will be in Auburn early Saturday looking for tickets.

If any scalpers on here and dont want to Rape me to

bad PM me and ill see what you have to offer. Thanks

WAR EAGLE  ;D

Archived