How about the National's Nyjer Morgan!!!

SSfromAL1345162790

:o

I cannot believe what I just saw on SportsCenter!!!  He is out of control the past few games and today got threw behind and he charged the mound only to miss a punch and get clotheslined like a WWE wrestler!!  What is everyone else thoughts on him and his actions?

Brotha forgot to duck. That's all.

For serious.  Not only did he get what he deserved for charging the mound, he'll also get suspended.  If the first basement gets suspended I'll be disappointed.  He was protecting his pitcher.  And boy he did a good job.

Ok, everything he did to this point, I'm not ok with, like when he intentionally charged the Cardinals catcher or throwing the ball at that fan. But honestly I don't have a problem with this. He gets hit, then two or three other guys get hit or thrown at, then he gets a ball thrown at him. Hell I woulda charged the mound. Plus, he did get layed out by Gabby Sanchez. I agree, Gabby should not be suspended and Nijar should, but still I think he was justified. JMHO

I know a little about baseball's unwritten rules but this one is so confusing...  I guess if Gabby Sanchez's baseball career doesn't work out he can go to the WWE. 

The guy trucked a catcher. Thats baseball. The catcher knew he was coming. Nothing wrong with it.

The Marlins pitcher tries to retaliate for what reason? Anyways, he hits him with a pitch Nyjer takes it like a man and takes his base. The pitcher then continues to hit 2 more players and tries to hit Nyjer AGAIN. I believe i wouldve been headed to the mound too! Thats a straight up PUNK move by that pitcher! Catchers get trucked, period! Part of baseball! Nobody is gonna say anything about the childish moves of the pitcher though?lol. Rediculous.

Just like alot of yall were bashing LaGarrette Blount for hitting the Boise State chump. If you dont wanna get laid out then dont talk crap! Plain and simple! Dude shouldve took his win and kept his mouth shut instead of trying to pour salt into an open wound. Dont see how so many people cant understand that concept.

The guy trucked a catcher. Thats baseball. The catcher knew he was coming. Nothing wrong with it.

The Marlins pitcher tries to retaliate for what reason? Anyways, he hits him with a pitch Nyjer takes it like a man and takes his base. The pitcher then continues to hit 2 more players and tries to hit Nyjer AGAIN. I believe i wouldve been headed to the mound too! Thats a straight up PUNK move by that pitcher! Catchers get trucked, period! Part of baseball! Nobody is gonna say anything about the childish moves of the pitcher though?lol. Rediculous.

Just like alot of yall were bashing LaGarrette Blount for hitting the Boise State chump. If you dont wanna get laid out then dont talk crap! Plain and simple! Dude shouldve took his win and kept his mouth shut instead of trying to pour salt into an open wound. Dont see how so many people cant understand that concept.

Fwiw, I didn't see the play where he hit the catcher earlier in the game that day.  I was speaking of the one from a week ago against the Cards (I believe?) where he went out of his way to hit the guy for no reason.  Collisions at the plate are part of the game but going out of your way to take a swipe at the catcher when there's no reason to is as Bush League as it gets.

Fwiw, I didn't see the play where he hit the catcher earlier in the game that day.  I was speaking of the one from a week ago against the Cards (I believe?) where he went out of his way to hit the guy for no reason.  Collisions at the plate are part of the game but going out of your way to take a swipe at the catcher when there's no reason to is as Bush League as it gets.

Oh okay, didnt see that. Heard about him injuring a fan by throwing a baseball into the stands. Dont know if he intended to hurt somebody but if he did he should be in trouble for that. Anything he did that was to truly hurt somebody he should be in trouble for. If he was just playing the game then it is what it is though. He said in a little post interview that he knew that the first pitch that hit him was deserving pretty much and that was okay but going for a second time and his teammates was going too far and I agree.

There was evidently something else with Nyjer stealing 2 bases after being plunked with a huge lead, with bulldozing 2 catchers in a week, and throwing at a fan.  Then he charges the mound like a big shot and gets coldcocked by a clothesline.  Classic!

Nyjer got what he deserved. If I was the pitcher I would've thrown at him all night long. And the next time I see him, I'd throw at him then too.

^ ^ ^ ^THIS X100 ^ ^ ^ ^

Hes got to learn how to be a ball player,or he will continue to get chin music.

THE ONLY THING HE DID WRONG IS THROW THE BALL INTO THE STANDS! OTHER THAN THAT, IVE SEEN PLENTY OF OTHER BASEBALL PLAYERS DO!

PRETTY SURE AFTER THEY THREW AT HIM AND HIT HIM THE FIRST TIME HE TOOK IT LIKE A "BALLPLAYER" AND TOOK HIS BASE. THEN THE PITCHER PROCEEDS TO HIT 2 OF HIS TEAMMATES AND TRIES TO HIT HIM AGAIN! AND SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM GETTING PISSED ABOUT THAT?

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH TRUCKING CATCHERS AND STEALING BASES IN BASEBALL NOW!!!???

SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH TRUCKING CATCHERS AND STEALING BASES IN BASEBALL NOW!!!???

If you do it in the wrong manner, then yes there is something wrong with it. Go check out the Cardinals cheap shot and how it wasn't necessary to truck the Marlins catcher. And it costed him a run. There's a difference between being agressive and being stupid. And he crossed that border a long time ago.

THE ONLY THING HE DID WRONG IS THROW THE BALL INTO THE STANDS! OTHER THAN THAT, IVE SEEN PLENTY OF OTHER BASEBALL PLAYERS DO!

PRETTY SURE AFTER THEY THREW AT HIM AND HIT HIM THE FIRST TIME HE TOOK IT LIKE A "BALLPLAYER" AND TOOK HIS BASE. THEN THE PITCHER PROCEEDS TO HIT 2 OF HIS TEAMMATES AND TRIES TO HIT HIM AGAIN! AND SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH HIM GETTING PISSED ABOUT THAT?

Ok.  Here is how i see it.  He hit the catcher on a questionable play.  The catcher is out for the rest of the season. He could have slid and avoided all of this.  He is going to get beaned.  It might not be that game depending on the situation, but he is going to get hit eventually.  They play the next day and he gets beaned.  He takes first base.  The problem arises when he stole 2b and 3b.  He did that with the "intention" of showing up the marlins.  They were already ahead and he just got beaned.  That is why Vostad threw at him again.  Because he didn't take his punishment the first time.  The other 2 guys that got hit, well, i can't explain that.  His control may have gotten away from him.  I know that is a bs excuse but it happens.  I don't agree with it and it looks a little suspect but...the marlins were right in hitting him the first time.  Probably the second.  I don't know.  As i said before this is really confusing from the unwritten rules point of view.  Both of them were at fault.  I will leave it at that.

I almost completely agree with this. The one thing I dont understand is him stealing the bases? Why is that such a big deal? Serious question because I dont get how that means he was trying to show them up or whatever. Seems to me it doesnt matter what the circumstances are if you can steal a base and get that much closer to home and put points on the board for your team then you do it. Thats the objective, to win the game. Doesnt matter if youre up or not. If the other team doesnt like it then stop it.

Sorry if my last post seem angry.  I just read it this morning and thought it might have sounded that way.  First, I can't take all the credit.  There is a really good website that explains these things.  I'll give the URL at the bottom so you can take a look.  Baseball is funny because it is at such a slow place that "intent" can be built into it.  So I guess that's why they have an extensive unwritten rule book.  You have to take it on a case by case basis.  I'll see if i can explain it better using the Nyjer Morgan

example.

Stealing the bases:  First they were down by 11 and he had just been drilled.  He put his head down and went to first.  Everyone knows it is intentional.  Instead of staying on first he steals 2b and 3b.  Normally in games like this you don't steal.  The reason is if you are going to make any sort of comeback the guys behind morgan in the lineup have to get hits.  If they do then he scores from first anyway so there is no need to steal in the first place.  I don't think that Sanchez was holding him on anyway.  He stole the bases right after being hit and the marlins took offense to that.  Like he didn't accept their punishment.  This is where the "intent" comes in.  That is why they threw at him again. 

Baseball is funny because depending on the situation something can be ok to do or not.  Let's take the stealing thing.  You are up 6 runs in the 2 inning.  It might be okay to steal a base.  It is early in the game anything could happen.  Same situation and it is the 8th inning then it is looked down upon because you are rubbing it in.  Wierd I know.  Circumstances are very important in baseball.  It is like in football.  If you are up in 4th by 5 TDs it looks bad when you throw a 50 yrd bomb for another TD.  I hope I explained it well.  The website does a better job than me so take a read.

http://thebaseballcodes.com/

^^ ^ good post^ ^

like I said,he needs to learn how to be a ballplayer.The Marlins were trying to teach him,his teammates and manager need to get a hold of him and teach him before he gets it in the ribs again.

When you play the game like Nyjer has done the past couple of weeks.  You leave your teammates out to dry.  If you don't get the message by a pitch to the ribs then your teammates will take care of it in the clubhouse. 

Archived