Is THIS what America is becoming?

TheBlueVue

at one point the border agent had his gun drawn and pointed at the young man's head.....really? back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/22/border-patrol-agents-hold-iowa-boy-scouts-at-gunpoint-for-taking-a-picture-of-them/

at one point the border agent had his gun drawn and pointed at the young man's head.....really? back in the US, back in the US, back in the USSR!

http://www.rawstory....icture-of-them/

Law enforcement officials, here in the land of the free, are quite well known for their dislike of being photographed or videotaped.

http://www.rawstory....icture-of-them/

Law enforcement officials, here in the land of the free, are quite well known for their dislike of being photographed or videotaped.

SO, you approve of holding a gun to a boy scouts head for making a simple mistake? Gotcha! I hardly think, not liking photos being taken, warrants the reaction here but that's just me.

SO, you approve of holding a gun to a boy scouts head for making a simple mistake? Gotcha! I hardly think, not liking photos being taken, warrants the reaction here but that's just me.

I do not approve of such behaviour at all. I absolutely detest the increasingly aggressive, forceful, and militaristic nature of US law enforcement in general.

I'm no authority on the subject, but I didn't think LE personnel were even allowed to draw their guns unless there was probable cause or imminent threat of danger to themselves or the public. Without such provocation, a drawn gun makes them the threat to public safety simply because of the danger of accidental discharge.

I certainly don't think they should. And I don't think a Boy Scout with a camera constitutes an "imminent threat" to anyone's safety.

Hopefully this officer will face official inquiry/review of his actions and appropriate consequences.

I'm no authority on the subject, but I didn't think LE personnel were even allowed to draw their guns unless there was probable cause or imminent threat of danger to themselves or the public. Without such provocation, a drawn gun makes them the threat to public safety simply because of the danger of accidental discharge.

I certainly don't think they should. And I don't think a Boy Scout with a camera constitutes an "imminent threat" to anyone's safety.

Hopefully this officer will face official inquiry/review of his actions and appropriate consequences.

Yes and that's what seems strange about the story.

Archived