SEC Tournament Day 3- Vs. Florida

Elimination game. Part of me would feel much more comfy about regionals with a win, but part of me believes we were in after the regular season even. What say ye Tigers, lets come back and get a win over a team that was up late last night??!!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping to see a win of course but sure would be hard to accept that a loss to the #1 and #7 ranked teams would disqualify AU from the regionals.

The SOS rated #3 and a 22 RPI says quite a bit about what these guys accomplished without any power, with mostly .250-275 hitters and one of the two best pitchers on the sidelines for a month.

JMO but I doubt anyone looks forward to playing against AU..... or considers them a soft touch.

Hoping to see a win of course but sure would be hard to accept that a loss to the #1 and #7 ranked teams would disqualify AU from the regionals.

The SOS rated #3 and a 22 RPI says quite a bit about what these guys accomplished without any power, with mostly .250-275 hitters and one of the two best pitchers on the sidelines for a month.

JMO but I doubt anyone looks forward to playing against AU..... or considers them a soft touch.

If, and I mean IF, AU were to get overlooked for a regional, it will be for getting swept by uat at home 3 weeks ago.

If, and I mean IF, AU were to get overlooked for a regional, it will be for getting swept by uat at home 3 weeks ago.

I doubt it

I doubt it

I'm just saying that's the biggest negative on their NCAA resume.

I'd like to have another W but this is gonna be tough I think. Hopefully yesterday's collapse won't come back to bite us.

I doubt it

I'm just saying that's the biggest negative on their NCAA resume.

Don't think 3 negatives outweigh all the positives of the season...and there has been a ton of them.....AU has more than a dozen wins over top 25 ranked teams....too much being made of the bama series IMO....look at the SO and RPI.....that says who this team is.

Just saw Golloway in the pre-game interview, another really good picture into what they're thinking. High praise for UF starter Logan Shore and for Gator head coach Kevin O'Sullivan. Says he believes they are a national seed quality program.

No rumors of expletive laced tirades against today's opponent, LOL.

Just saw Golloway in the pre-game interview, another really good picture into what they're thinking. High praise for UF starter Logan Shore and for Gator head coach Kevin O'Sullivan. Says he believes they are a national seed quality program.

Well, at least there's that. Small victories, right?

Also - if we are kept out of a Regional I think it's bc of the Bama weekend also - so close to the end of the season, losing 5 of 6 doesn't look too hot.

Also - if we are kept out of a Regional I think it's bc of the Bama weekend also - so close to the end of the season, losing 5 of 6 doesn't look too hot.

Nah....losing 5 out of 6 means nothing in baseball....Yanks and Mets are both 3-7 in their last ten games....and means nothing over a season.

Nah....losing 5 out of 6 means nothing in baseball....Yanks and Mets are both 3-7 in their last ten games....and means nothing over a season.

Not to argue semantics, but 162 game seasons are different than 50 game seasons, no? Seems everything I've read has us in, but says "if we're out, that's why"

I mean this as a real question, not as sarcasm.

AG another K.....keep waiting for the lights to come on...but it's been a long dry spell for him.

Not to argue semantics, but 162 game seasons are different than 50 game seasons, no? Seems everything I've read has us in, but says "if we're out, that's why"

I mean this as a real question, not as sarcasm.

I hear you but have never heard anyone not connected with AU give that much weight to the bama games.

JMO but so many AU people are caught up in the bama rivalry that they miss the big picture. By and large the big picture is the RPI and SO....and AU is strong in both assessments. If you want to find "bad losses" you might look at Samford and Jax State....

Archived