SEC Tournament Day 3- Vs. Florida

And by the way....#7, #8, #9 , #10 AND #12 have been eliminated from the SEC tournament .....just like they were supposed to be.....only bama has over-achieved so far.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though every their on TV, I keep hoping they'll win However it because s painful o watch them. The series with UAT and with FL. And finally the last 3 games in the SEC Tournament.

U.G.L.Y

You ain't got no alibi

Oh well, hope the selection committee can see past the last few weeks. At least we finally made the SEC tourney and actually won 1 game this year. Better than before ;D

Not much to say about today's game.

On to the NCAA. :)/>

Not really the note you want them to go out on entering the post season though. In a lot of ways though, it's the kind of season I was expecting.

Your right. It will be shocking if they get in.

Time to be quiet now.

If you never get anything else from any of my posts, please remember this....

Tis better to be quiet and thought (of as) a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

Time to be quiet now.

Tis better to be quiet and thought (of as) a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

That's OK...expect he is shocked each morning to wake up and find the sun rising in the east.

Not really the note you want them to go out on entering the post season though. In a lot of ways though, it's the kind of season I was expecting.

Not sure how the expectation was determined....we had three position players/starters and one experienced starting pitcher coming back and had one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

Don't know about most folks but IMO, this situation was not one to inspire much expectation for the season....especially for a team that had not seen much of the SEC tourney lately and had made the NCAA regionals only 3 times in about the past 12 seasons.

JMO but if AU gets to an NCAA regional....which I expect..... AU fans should be rolling trees at Toomer's corner.

Seems that this baseball team has been overshadowed by the outstanding play of the softball team but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Auburn fans can't enjoy the success of both teams this year without comparing the results of the two programs...playing one off against the other ... which does a HUGE dis-service to the coaches and players of both teams.

It's just a shame that so many Auburn people don't know how to enjoy success.....always nit picking the negatives and rarely giving credit for players and teams that over-achieve...such as the Auburn baseball team has done this year.

Time to be quiet now.

That's OK...expect he is shocked each morning to wake up and find the sun rising in the east.

Well, he hasn't responded...maybe it got through..even if momentarily

Better ooc record this year

Better overall record

Better fielding

Better base running (I know I know)

More wins against top teams

Better starting pitching

A win in sec tourney

Most likely a regional bid

All in all improved from last year. A base of players to step up with next year. Take all the numbers from this year and improve them - namely hitting and middle relief ... Next year will be interesting. I can see us in the top half of the league of things fall together. Moving in the right direction.

I really am not very confident we recieve a bid, as I'm not sure we deserve one.

On the other hand, I think we have made improvements and excited to see what next year brings.

I really am not very confident we recieve a bid, as I'm not sure we deserve one.

On the other hand, I think we have made improvements and excited to see what next year brings.

I felt that way too about the bid, but those on here with a better college baseball iq than I have seem pretty confident we are a 3 seed so I'm taking their word for it (also Rod Bramblett suggested we were good enough to be a 2 but probably will be a 3 seed)

Not sure how the expectation was determined....we had three position players/starters and one experienced starting pitcher coming back and had one of the toughest schedules in the nation.

Don't know about most folks but IMO, this situation was not one to inspire much expectation for the season....especially for a team that had not seen much of the SEC tourney lately and had made the NCAA regionals only 3 times in about the past 12 seasons.

JMO but if AU gets to an NCAA regional....which I expect..... AU fans should be rolling trees at Toomer's corner.

Seems that this baseball team has been overshadowed by the outstanding play of the softball team but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Auburn fans can't enjoy the success of both teams this year without comparing the results of the two programs...playing one off against the other ... which does a HUGE dis-service to the coaches and players of both teams.

It's just a shame that so many Auburn people don't know how to enjoy success.....always nit picking the negatives and rarely giving credit for players and teams that over-achieve...such as the Auburn baseball team has done this year.

All those things you mentioned set the expectations. I think AU met expectations this season. I don't think that's a negative comment. This is were AU baseball would be at the very least. That's all I'm saying.

I felt that way too about the bid, but those on here with a better college baseball iq than I have seem pretty confident we are a 3 seed so I'm taking their word for it (also Rod Bramblett suggested we were good enough to be a 2 but probably will be a 3 seed)

Well, Rod is a bit of a sunshine pumper as he should be. 3 is reasonable, 4 is possible. Of AU isn't in, it's a snub. Period.

What time does uat play?

We don't know or care unless they are playing Auburn here on this Auburn forum. Might be a good idea for you to ask that question on your favorite uat forum where your opinions about your favorite team would be more widely accepted and appreciated.

Well, Rod is a bit of a sunshine pumper as he should be. 3 is reasonable, 4 is possible. Of AU isn't in, it's a snub. Period.

Seems some folks don't think AU has earned the slot....and considering that almost every college baseball site I've looked at puts us a 3 seed and projects the SEC to have at least 8 teams.....I'm curious as to which 8 teams in the SEC ...based on the SOS, RPI and overall record.... are more deserving of a spot in the tournament than AU?

I have the strong feeling that some posters on here are making their judgment about AU based on the bama series.....but without any serious evaluation of the rest of the SEC or with college baseball teams nationwide and how AU's performance this year compares.

^I believe you guys saying that we are in, and I get the RPi and all. I'm not a Debbie downer either but as for me, every time I watch us we don't look very good at all. I'm so sorry to say it. I can tell we are getting better but there are times (like 7 out of the last 9 games for goodness sake) that we look like a high school team.

That's just being honest. War Eagle tho!

What time does uat play?

We don't know or care unless they are playing Auburn here on this Auburn forum. Might be a good idea for you to ask that question on your favorite uat forum where your opinions about your favorite team would be more widely accepted and appreciated.

:lol: SNAP..

What time does uat play?

:lol: SNAP..

+1

:lol:

I find no fault in our guys effort, we just don't have the guns to compete at the top of the SEC food chain right now.

The offensive production from the likes of LSU, Florida, Vandy and aTm is just over whelming. There is just no room for error.

Change the culture first, get the horses on the bus second, then get to your destination.

War Eagle.

Well stated.

I guess, if asked for the reasoning behind my theory of us not deserving a bid I would simply ask, what is our record in our last 9 games?

Isn't it 1 and 8? To me that in its self makes it a tough call. I know the competition has been tough, but you still got to finish a few games.

anyways I hope we make it, and do think the future is bright.

Archived