SEC Tournament Day 3- Vs. Florida

I guess, if asked for the reasoning behind my theory of us not deserving a bid I would simply ask, what is our record in our last 9 games?

Isn't it 1 and 8? To me that in its self makes it a tough call. I know the competition has been tough, but you still got to finish a few games.

anyways I hope we make it, and do think the future is bright.

3-6

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really am not very confident we recieve a bid, as I'm not sure we deserve one.

On the other hand, I think we have made improvements and excited to see what next year brings.

I felt that way too about the bid, but those on here with a better college baseball iq than I have seem pretty confident we are a 3 seed so I'm taking their word for it (also Rod Bramblett suggested we were good enough to be a 2 but probably will be a 3 seed)

Well, Rod is a bit of a sunshine pumper as he should be. 3 is reasonable, 4 is possible. Of AU isn't in, it's a snub. Period.

A team from the SEC will probably not be a 4 seed. That's the equivalent of being about a 13-16 seed in the NCAA basketball tourney, which is usually the mid-majors

I really am not very confident we recieve a bid, as I'm not sure we deserve one.

On the other hand, I think we have made improvements and excited to see what next year brings.

I felt that way too about the bid, but those on here with a better college baseball iq than I have seem pretty confident we are a 3 seed so I'm taking their word for it (also Rod Bramblett suggested we were good enough to be a 2 but probably will be a 3 seed)

Well, Rod is a bit of a sunshine pumper as he should be. 3 is reasonable, 4 is possible. Of AU isn't in, it's a snub. Period.

Seems some folks don't think AU has earned the slot....and considering that almost every college baseball site I've looked at puts us a 3 seed and projects the SEC to have at least 8 teams.....I'm curious as to which 8 teams in the SEC ...based on the SOS, RPI and overall record.... are more deserving of a spot in the tournament than AU?

I have the strong feeling that some posters on here are making their judgment about AU based on the bama series.....but without any serious evaluation of the rest of the SEC or with college baseball teams nationwide and how AU's performance this year compares.

Bama has also won 9 of their last 12, not an excuse but we were playing a team that got hot right when they played us.

We have dropped seven out of the last ten games. That is not playing very good baseball right now. Yeah, we have dropped all these games against good competition but the competition wont get much easier in the tournament. Auburn needs to play better and Sunny needs to coach better. Plain and simple. Go get 'em

I don't care who we play should we make the tourney, we are not gonna win anything if we can't throw strikes, catch fly balls, or piece together a few singles in an inning.

We have dropped seven out of the last ten games. That is not playing very good baseball right now. Yeah, we have dropped all these games against good competition but the competition wont get much easier in the tournament. Auburn needs to play better and Sunny needs to coach better. Plain and simple. Go get 'em

Actually the competition won't get much more difficult in the tournament.

SEC tournament competition was much tougher than we could possibly see in an NCAA regional.

Keep in mind, there are 16 regions and the top teams are distributed to them.....so..... for most regions there is only one (maximum of 2) top 25 teams to overcome. IF AU is a #3 seed as projected by most sources I've seen, in our first game we will play a #2 seed which will probably be an unranked team....or at worst, a team ranked lower than #16. Meanwhile, all the top ranked SEC teams will be spread around the various regionals.

There were 4 teams in the top ten nationally in the SEC tourney .....and after beating a good Kentucky team, we then played #1 and #6 .....a situation that is not possible in an NCAA regional.

Not saying that we will advance beyond a regional....pitching staff is probably not up to the task....but advancing through the SEC tourney is far more difficult than than winning an NCAA regional where there are fewer top teams to contend with in the first round.

Much of our future will be decided by the region we get....but practice has been in the past to try and keep teams near home....and not put teams from the same conference in the same regions.

I guess, if asked for the reasoning behind my theory of us not deserving a bid I would simply ask, what is our record in our last 9 games?

Isn't it 1 and 8? To me that in its self makes it a tough call. I know the competition has been tough, but you still got to finish a few games.

3-6

2-7

0-3 vs. Bama

1-2 vs. Florida

1-0 vs. Kentucky (SEC Tourney)

0-1 vs. LSU (SEC Tourney)

0-1 vs. Florida (SEC Tourney)

3-6

2-7

0-3 vs. Bama

1-2 vs. Florida

1-0 vs. Kentucky (SEC Tourney)

0-1 vs. LSU (SEC Tourney)

0-1 vs. Florida (SEC Tourney)

3-6 is correct. Auburn beat Morehead State in a midweek game following the Bama series.

Some folks apparently don't understand that baseball is about the entire season....not a short winning or losing streak at the end of the season.

I hope Jacobs has been watching our Lady Tigers and coach Myers and his coaching staff. It "might" give JJ some ideas on what to look for when hiring a baseball head coach and staff.

Well time to lock this baby. You could have said that in the LSU thread but you wanted to have 2 separate posts in two threads stating your love for JJ.

Archived