SEC Tournament Day 3- Vs. Florida

Dalton Rentz does a very nice job limiting the damage. Gators strand a runner at third. Let's hope they're kicking themselves later for that. They had runners at second and third with nobody out and only pushed one across.

1-0 UF, Auburn coming to bat in the second.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK...giving up one run in that situation was not bad......just need to answer now. Do I recall correctly.....lately the middle of the batting order has done the most hitting ?

Just saw Golloway in the pre-game interview, another really good picture into what they're thinking. High praise for UF starter Logan Shore and for Gator head coach Kevin O'Sullivan. Says he believes they are a national seed quality program.

No rumors of expletive laced tirades against today's opponent, LOL.

Well, at least there's that. Small victories, right?

Also - if we are kept out of a Regional I think it's bc of the Bama weekend also - so close to the end of the season, losing 5 of 6 doesn't look too hot.

Nah....losing 5 out of 6 means nothing in baseball....Yanks and Mets are both 3-7 in their last ten games....and means nothing over a season.

Not to argue semantics, but 162 game seasons are different than 50 game seasons, no? Seems everything I've read has us in, but says "if we're out, that's why"

I mean this as a real question, not as sarcasm.

I hear you but have never heard anyone not connected with AU give that much weight to the bama games.

JMO but so many AU people are caught up in the bama rivalry that they miss the big picture. By and large the big picture is the RPI and SO....and AU is strong in both assessments. If you want to find "bad losses" you might look at Samford and Jax State....

Kaboom. Just what I was looking for. Gracias.

That's a hustle error there, trying to make a play.

I love Ben McDonald. He's really good. Funny to listen to.

I guess he convinced the official scorer that wasn't an E.

Umpiring in this tournament is PUTRID! :puke: :puke: :puke:

A: The batter struck out.

B: Did the runner ever touch home plate?

much too good a pitch on that 2 run single......4-0 now and a pretty deep hole....and now another hit.....not much behind Rentz to stop the bleeding.

Uh-oh. A couple of big two out hits. We're starting to leak oil badly.

4-0 Gators.

We might be done with the lack of offensive production we have. Got to STOP them here.

Rentz out of gas....nothing on those pitches....and right down the center of the plate.

This team is so hard to watch. Love em....but we are just a sporadic, roller coaster team with very few options behind a couple of our starters and spotty relief with inconsistent hitting.

This team is so hard to watch. Love em....but we are just a sporadic, roller coaster team with very few options behind a couple of our starters and spotty relief with inconsistent hitting.

Pitching is not good enough to absorb errors or mistakes by the defense..

I find no fault in our guys effort, we just don't have the guns to compete at the top of the SEC food chain right now.

The offensive production from the likes of LSU, Florida, Vandy and aTm is just over whelming. There is just no room for error.

Change the culture first, get the horses on the bus second, then get to your destination.

War Eagle.

Had 'em at the plate....but....just another run on the scoreboard for the gators. 4 of the 8 runs unearned...

This is the way to make a case for being left out of the tournament with a good rpi. We have to make this at least respectable. If we lose by more than 10 I don't feel good about making to the real tourney (I think we still make it but this puts us firmly on that proverbial bubble)

This is the way to make a case for being left out of the tournament with a good rpi. We have to make this at least respectable. If we lose by more than 10 I don't feel good about making to the real tourney (I think we still make it but this puts us firmly on that proverbial bubble)

We're making the tournament.

Archived