Every one that I talk to says "Y'all don't have a chance" ...

RunInRed

You guys have got to stop giving me hope. I had accepted the notion that we would get killed. Now I'm not so sure. Thanks a lot. Lol.

"Hope is a GOOD thing. Maybe the Best of things" ...Andy Dufrane / Shawshank Redemption

Hope is usually a good thing, not sure it is for the Iron Bowl underdog. I wish I had more hope but this would be by far the biggest IB upset I have seen in my lifetime and there just are not many of those in this series.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defense has to play best game of the year which is possible. I can see Coach Boom getting that out of these guys. Almost every offensive snap would have to be a play that is unexpected. I don't see our staff willing to take that risk. If it backfires game could be a major blowout. But what have we got to lose?

I was at the Punt Bama Punt game and believe me nobody thought Auburn could win. The 1972 Team played every game with heart and desire but on Paper probably should have lost a lot more games then they won. They just found a way to win. This years team has played hard in every game and showed a lot of character when things went wrong. One many have forgotten is how much talent our players have. They have had moments this year but have yet to have a complete game from O, D and special teams. bama on paper should blow us away but it won't happen. This is the bama game they will be fired up if we can get a couple of early stops anything can happen.

We have a shot because:

"WE ARE AUBURN"

That is true and I knew everyone on that team very well and everyone of the players knew they would win somehow/somewhat even Shug knew we could win. God bless Roger Mitchell.

The problem I think this years team is not everyone on the team now thinks we have a shot.

In order for AU to win, JJ will have to run for over a hundred and throw for 250 plus. It will take at least 35 points to win. That's why I don't think we have a chance of winning. The only other why is turnovers by bama.

You guys have got to stop giving me hope. I had accepted the notion that we would get killed. Now I'm not so sure. Thanks a lot. Lol.

"Hope is a GOOD thing. Maybe the Best of things" ...Andy Dufrane / Shawshank Redemption

Tre Smith. Unfortunately I hear that name and all I can think about is friend of mine coming back to the house going off about how Tre Smith stole the parking spot he was waiting on (he was waiting on person to pull out with blinker on, and Smith apparantly swooped in from the other side to take the spot, actually cutting the girl off that pulled out also). This made him late for an exam, so he didn't have time to finish it and got a B in the class.

So Tre Smith to me is the guy that cost my buddy a 4.0 lol.

Haha. Actually, your buddy being so late to an exam that not finding a parking spot immediately cost him an A is his own fault for being so late to begin with...but then of course there wouldn't be any good story to go with that one...

I was at the Punt Bama Punt game and believe me nobody thought Auburn could win. The 1972 Team played every game with heart and desire but on Paper probably should have lost a lot more games then they won. They just found a way to win. This years team has played hard in every game and showed a lot of character when things went wrong. One many have forgotten is how much talent our players have. They have had moments this year but have yet to have a complete game from O, D and special teams. bama on paper should blow us away but it won't happen. This is the bama game they will be fired up if we can get a couple of early stops anything can happen.

We have a shot because:

"WE ARE AUBURN"

That is true and I knew everyone on that team very well and everyone of the players knew they would win somehow/somewhat even Shug knew we could win. God bless Roger Mitchell.

The problem I think this years team is not everyone on the team now thinks we have a shot.

Golf do you know Bill Newton?I had the pleasure to meet him a few years ago through a mutual friend.He seems like a super good guy from the small amount of time I got to talk with him.

Definitely doesn't seem like there's enough circle the wagons, us against the world in this year's team. They should show a video of T-Rob hitting everything in a crimson jersey in the 2002 game. One of my all-time favorite performances by an AU player.

If those turd players talking all that jack isn't enough to send their blood pressure and their will to win through the fricking roof, then they need to turn their testicles in. Carl Lawson should be like a caged animal on Saturday.

There is a point to where these Auburn players should have their manhood questioned. And where they should knock Henry to the ground and look him dead in the eyes and say,

"I am going to kick your sorry ass all night long Heisman boy."

In 2008 and 2012 we were not picked to finish well. This year we were and the difference is all about the talent on this team. There is a load of talent on this team. For several reasons they have not been able to get things together. That said they are a step away of putting it all together and if they do a lot of folks are going to be eating a lot of crow. Of course a lot of the naysayers and bama fans will say uat did not come prepared or AU got all the breaks. Truth is this team was as good as advertised, they just haven't hit their cadence yet, but I believe Saturday might be the day. WDE

I spoke to a friend who works with odds makers. Supposedly bama would be favored against any team by at least 3. He also told me auburn, for several reasons, was one of 10-12 teams that would be less than a 14 pt dog. "Intangibles, history, and unknowns".

We have a shot because:

"WE ARE AUBURN"

Golf do you know Bill Newton?I had the pleasure to meet him a few years ago through a mutual friend.He seems like a super good guy from the small amount of time I got to talk with him.

Yes and you are correct he is a good guy

Tre Smith. Unfortunately I hear that name and all I can think about is friend of mine coming back to the house going off about how Tre Smith stole the parking spot he was waiting on (he was waiting on person to pull out with blinker on, and Smith apparantly swooped in from the other side to take the spot, actually cutting the girl off that pulled out also). This made him late for an exam, so he didn't have time to finish it and got a B in the class.

So Tre Smith to me is the guy that cost my buddy a 4.0 lol.

Haha. Actually, your buddy being so late to an exam that not finding a parking spot immediately cost him an A is his own fault for being so late to begin with...but then of course there wouldn't be any good story to go with that one...

He actually knew the girl lol. She was in his major and had a 8am so he would show up early and do the wait in line thing that many students do and get her spot cause she parked in one of the same 4 spots everyday. His class was in Lowder so he didn't have to go far from the parking lot.

Wish I had the rant on film though lol.

Just this morning a member of the unwashed masses informed me that Henry will have 200+ yds in the FIRST QUARTER.......

We have a shot because:

"WE ARE AUBURN"

You are correct I knew many of those players not all of them and they did think they could win. believing in yourself and your team can go a long way. If you are correct and we have players who don't believe they can win then it is up to our coaches to change that mindset. I believe Coach Muschamp is capable of convincing the Defense they can win. That is half the battle.

Just this morning a member of the unwashed masses informed me that Henry will have 200+ yds in the FIRST QUARTER.......

Just so you know, this person is probably one of the turds that has already claimed the NC this year!

Just so you know, this person is probably one of the turds that has already claimed the NC this year!

BTW, as long as we keep them out of the endzone, Henry can rush for 400+. We just need to win the game by 1 point or more.

There is always hope. Even in the darkest hour, there is hope. Win this game, and Saban will retire.

BTW, as long as we keep them out of the endzone, Henry can rush for 400+. We just need to win the game by 1 point or more.

I believe I recall in 2009 we held a future (albeit ludicrous) heisman winner to just 30-something yards all game and this year's defense is easily as good if not arguably better than that squad.

I believe I recall in 2009 we held a future (albeit ludicrous) heisman winner to just 30-something yards all game and this year's defense is easily as good if not arguably better than that squad.

They still lost, soooo....

Archived