There is something fundamentally off about this administration

TitanTiger

Does this not bother any of the Obama supporters here? Editing reality? Framing it as not wanting to further his propaganda doesn't cut it for me. Whatever this attack was, a big part of it was him being a radicalized Muslim. You can't just excise that out. What on earth are they thinking here?

Lynch: "Partial Transcript" Of Orlando 911 Calls Will Have References To Islamic Terrorism Removed

Posted By

Tim Hains

On Date June 19, 2016

In an interview with NBC's Chuck Todd, Attorney General Loretta Lynch says that on Monday, the FBI will release edited transcripts of the 911 calls made by the Orlando nightclub shooter to the police during his rampage.

"What we're not going to do is further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda," Lynch said. "We are not going to hear him make his assertions of allegiance [to the Islamic State]."

Lynch: References to Islam From Orlando Terrorist 911 Call Removed "To Avoid Revictimizing"

The Washington Post reported last week that the gunman made multiple phone calls while holding hostages: "The gunman who opened fire inside a nightclub here said he carried out the attack because he wanted 'Americans to stop bombing his country,' according to a witness who survived the rampage."

Salon reported that: “Everybody who was in the bathroom who survived could hear him talking to 911, saying the reason why he’s doing this is because he wanted America to stop bombing his country."

The Washington Post also noted that during his 911 call from the club, the gunman referenced the Boston Marathon bombers and claimed "that he carried out the shooting to prevent bombings, [echoing] a message the younger Boston attacker had scrawled in a note before he was taken into custody by police."

FBI Director James Comey said at a press conference that the shooter’s past comments about Islamist groups were "inflammatory and contradictory."

"We see no clear evidence that he was directed externally," the president added. "It does appear that at the last minute, he announced allegiance to ISIL. But there is no evidence so far that he was in fact directed by ISIL, and at this stage there’s no direct evidence that he was part of a larger plot." ISIL is another name for ISIS, or the Islamic State.

Loretta Lynch says the FBI will release: "A printed transcript [that] will begin to capture the back and forth between him and the negotiators."

"We're trying to get as much information about this investigation out as possible," she said.

Transcript:

LORETTA LYNCH: What we're announcing tomorrow is that the FBI is releasing a partial transcript of the killer's calls with law enforcement, from inside the club. These are the calls with the Orlando PD negotiating team, who he was, where he was... that will be coming out tomorrow and I'll be headed to Orlando on Tuesday.

CHUCK TODD: Including the hostage negotiation part of this?

LYNCH: Yes, it will be primarily a partial transcript of his calls with the hostage negotiators.

CHUCK TODD: You say partial, what's being left out?

LYNCH: What we're not going to do is further proclaim this man's pledges of allegiance to terrorist groups, and further his propaganda.

CHUCK TODD: We're not going to hear him talk about those things?

LYNCH: We will hear him talk about some of those things, but we are not going to hear him make his assertions of allegiance and that. It will not be audio, it will be a printed transcript. But it will begin to capture the back and forth between him and the negotiators, we're trying to get as much information about this investigation out as possible. As you know, because the killer is dead, we have a bit more leeway there and we will be producing that information tomorrow.

http://www.realclear...is_cut_out.html

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titan- why do you hate people of color so much?

Just curious

( sarcasm, of course. Wanted to beat the rush )

This admin believes the fairy tales it sells to the public.

Which is down right scary

I think this is less of a political issue and more a psychological issue. We don't need disillusioned people( kids mostly) finding their perceived sense of belonging by seeing terrorists that are claiming themselves to be martyrs and doing their twisted religious duty.

I would almost think it is in an effort to squeeze a few more votes out of a small population. Is Obama really a Muslim? Possibly. I just really hope that whoever wins in November actually tries to end this madness. I seriously believe even Hillary will have more balls than Obama when it comes to this as long as it does not involve Saudi Arabia.

I would almost think it is in an effort to squeeze a few more votes out of a small population. Is Obama really a Muslim? Possibly. I just really hope that whoever wins in November actually tries to end this madness. I seriously believe even Hillary will have more balls than Obama when it comes to this as long as it does not involve Saudi Arabia.

what

Be careful here, " we do not want any backlash from the Muslim community".

If right wing evangelicals declared war on Muslims would this administration be sympathetic in labeling them as " Christian radicals"?

Its all quite predictable if you read Audacity of Hope wherein Obama plainly stated, "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." BHO

Audacity of Hope | na | Obama

I don't care if barry is a Muslim or not but, it has become painfully obvious he is, at the very minimum, a Muslim apologist and supporter and will never be a party to portraying them as them as the blood thirsty murderous cult of maniacal killers that they truly are.

There is something fundamentally wrong with this administration?

Welcome to the party pal . We've only known this for about eight years

Lies about O care, the Iran deal, IRS tea party targeting , Lois Lerner emails, Hillary email server, solyndra ....

I think this is less of a political issue and more a psychological issue. We don't need disillusioned people( kids mostly) finding their perceived sense of belonging by seeing terrorists that are claiming themselves to be martyrs and doing their twisted religious duty.

And while that may be considered a good aim, that doesn't justify a fundamental alteration of what occurred that night and why.

Its all quite predictable if you read Audacity of Hope wherein Obama plainly stated, "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." BHO

Audacity of Hope | na | Obama

I don't care if barry is a Muslim or not but, it has become painfully obvious he is, at the very minimum, a Muslim apologist and supporter and will never be a party to portraying them as them as the blood thirsty murderous cult of maniacal killers that they truly are.

the real quote is coming soon. Damn

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Here is your " plainly stated" quote.

And while that may be considered a good aim, that doesn't justify a fundamental alteration of what occurred that night and why.

I really don't know what else they can do to deter ISIS and their propaganda machine from continuing to recruit foot soldiers from the Western Hemisphere. I'm not saying the administration is right to do it either, I'm just saying I can see their reasoning.

"Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

It is quite plain and there is no comparison to WW2 and the asymmetric warfare we're experiencing now. First, NO Japanese Americans were shooting up their wok places or gay bars in the name of religion or for any other reason for that matter but, carry on believing what you will. Its plain to me he will not criticize or condemn a cult of supremacist killers.

We need partners around the world ... particularly in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey and Egypt. While I'm no fan of censorship, the times are trying. And geopolitics are complicated.

It is quite plain and there is no comparison to WW2 and the asymmetric warfare we're experiencing now. First, NO Japanese Americans were shooting up their wok places or gay bars in the name of religion but carry on believing what you will. Its plain to me he will not criticize or condemn a cult of supremacist killers.

you got your timeline off somehow. You can carry on posting misleading quotes(at best, more likely just lies) from Facebook. It makes you look real strong.

It is quite plain and there is no comparison to WW2 and the asymmetric warfare we're experiencing now. First, NO Japanese Americans were shooting up their wok places or gay bars in the name of religion but carry on believing what you will. Its plain to me he will not criticize or condemn a cult of supremacist killers.

you got your timeline off somehow. You can carry on posting misleading quotes(at best, more likely just lies) from Facebook. It makes you look real strong.

Are you arguing that Obama will condemn Muslims or what? Regardless of the timeline there has been more than enough opportunities for him to step up and call these events what they are but he chooses to obfuscate, blame guns, Christians, the NRA and republicans which is the larger point. If you think he's handled it well I have to wonder what world you're living in. Now he edits the facts in an effort to cover the obvious and rather than focusing on that you prefer to quibble about a timeline of a quote which is quite plain to me given the false comparison he used in a failed attempt to justify it. One last point, I dont even have a facebook page.

We need partners around the world ... particularly in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey and Egypt. While I'm no fan of censorship, the times are trying. And geopolitics are complicated.

It's not so complicated that you edit out a transcript of what the guy actually said. SA, Pakistan, et al aren't going to bail or not help us because of what some murderous jackass said. I can understand being careful about what the US Government says. But you don't censor (and thus fundamentally alter the perception of the killer's motives) a 911 transcript to make people happy. There's not justifying this.

It is quite plain and there is no comparison to WW2 and the asymmetric warfare we're experiencing now. First, NO Japanese Americans were shooting up their wok places or gay bars in the name of religion or for any other reason for that matter but, carry on believing what you will. Its plain to me he will not criticize or condemn a cult of supremacist killers.

You are making Alexva's point: Just look at what we did to Japanese Americans without our suffering armed terrorist attacks from them!

When this country acts out of fear, we often regret and feel ashamed over it later.

You are making Alexva's point: Just look at what we did to Japanese Americans without suffering armed terrorist attacks from them!

When this country acts out of fear, we often regret and feel ashamed over it later.

that was exactly my point. Imprisoning Arabs/ Muslims would have made more sense that what we did to the Japanese.

It's not so complicated that you edit out a transcript of what the guy actually said. SA, Pakistan, et al aren't going to bail or not help us because of what some murderous jackass said. I can understand being careful about what the US Government says. But you don't censor (and thus fundamentally alter the perception of the killer's motives) a 911 transcript to make people happy. There's not justifying this.

The fact is, the government doesn't believe that Islamism form the basis of his motivation. I don't agree with redacting the transcript, but I do understand the thinking behind it.

Everyone got obsessed with the anti-Islam video rationale for the Benghazi attacks. This is really not much different, only in the other direction. The real story here is the violence directed specifically toward the gay community.

It sounds like this guy had issues with his own homosexuality, anger and the relationship with his father. It's obvious from his statements - supporting specific groups who oppose each other - that Islamism as an afterthought meant to cover his real motivations.

Are you arguing that Obama will condemn Muslims or what? Regardless of the timeline there has been more than enough opportunities for him to step up and call these events what they are but he chooses to obfuscate, blame guns, Christians, the NRA and republicans which is the larger point. If you think he's handled it well I have to wonder what world you're living in. Now he edits the facts in an effort to cover the obvious and rather than focusing on that you prefer to quibble about a timeline of a quote which is quite plain to me given the false comparison he used in a failed attempt to justify it. One last point, I dont even have a facebook page.

my apologies. That quote has been all over Facebook by the usual suspects. What exactly do you think needs to be done.

The fact is, the government doesn't believe that Islamism didn't form the basis of his motivation. I don't agree with redacting the transcript, but I do understand the thinking behind it.

Anyone can understand the desire. What I can't understand is that any thinking person would actually act on it by censoring the 911 transcript.

Everyone got obsessed with the anti-Islam video rationale for the Benghazi attacks. This is really not much different, only in the other direction. The real story here is the violence directed specifically toward the gay community.

It sounds like this guy had issues with his own homosexuality, anger and the relationship with his father. It's obvious from his statements - supporting specific groups who oppose each other - that Islamism as an afterthought meant to cover his real motivations.

All reasonable things to bring up. But it doesn't mean you get alter the historical record. It's Orwellian.

That's just absurd.

The sad thing here is that an american president apparently has to lower himself to the intellectual level of the bottom one third of the country to avoid this sort of accusatory bull s***. No thinking person believes he is trying to empathize with these radicals or cover for their religious extremism. His aggressiveness in taking these people out is proof enough of that.

Thinking people understand he is trying to prevent that aforementioned 1/3 of the country from alienating and threatening the peaceful Muslims in this country and the world. These Muslims are critical to our effort to combat radicalism.

Too bad so many in our country are too dumb to understand this.

Archived