Jeff Fisher-Auburn Football

aupops2

Jeff Fisher "don't need no stinkin" NFL. Besides, if he was our DC he could watch every game and never need to buy a ticket. That alone should close the deal right ? :thumbsup:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of you just kill me. Jeff Fisher will have his pick of whatever NFL job he wants after the season. Im surprised someone hasn't started a "Belichik to AU" rumor yet....  :laugh:

Some of you just kill me. Jeff Fisher will have his pick of whatever NFL job he wants after the season. Im surprised someone hasn't started a "Belichik to AU" rumor yet....  :laugh:

You really think he'd come?

A former NFL head coach taking a job as a college assistant?

I don't see it happening. :cool:

You really think he'd come?

if he were tired of the nfl and just wanted to be in a nice place around his family,sure.....he has made plenty of money in his career,and there are some people who don't let money dictate their lives....this would not surprise me at all

I haven't heard Blelichik say he wasn't comming AU..... hmmm :-\ ;)

His comment is by far the best thing I've heard in a couple of weeks.  I doubt if it could happen, him being DC, but I can just here the screams from Tuscallooser if it did.  Visions of THAT will dance in my head tonight!!

:party: :party: :party:

Jeff Fisher would be a really bizarre hire. Isn't the reason Rock went to the NFL was to get away from the strain of recruiting? Why would Fish want that stress? And Shula  :laugh: no.  >:(  ;D

A former NFL head coach taking a job as a college assistant?

I don't see it happening. :cool:

almost 5 years ago, very few people with all of their teeth thought a current NFL HC who wasn't exactly on the hot seat would quit to take a job at the college level. I'm not saying it wouldn't surprise me, but it would be a big mistake to assume that the conventional wisdom will always be the way things play out. Fisher kinda comes off to me as a guy who marches to his own beat anyway.

this is not as farfetched as some of you think it is....i am not saying that it will happen,nor do i have any "sources" but i do read.....usually,when a hire like this is made,it turns out to be someone that is off the radar,and the names that are mentioned end up with raises....don't think that it can't happen

Stoops, Van Gorder, Fisher. etc.  :laugh: Some of you are setting yourselves and the new coach up for a major disappointment if it isn't a big name. I fell for the Stoops rumors once and then what? I am going to wait for the announcement and will believe it when it comes out of Chizik's own mouth. It's his decision anyways, he should be given the opportunity to hire who he wants. For it is he who will have to live with the results. The problem with these rumors is when the new coach is hired and it's not one of these superstar coaches everyone will feel letdown and the perception will be that AU failed in the search. Little excitement from a non-superstar type. No way Van Gorder or Fisher takes the DC job at Auburn. But, If you are going to shoot, might as well shoot for the stars.  ;D

:we:

this is not as farfetched as some of you think it is....i am not saying that it will happen,nor do i have any "sources" but i do read.....usually,when a hire like this is made,it turns out to be someone that is off the radar,and the names that are mentioned end up with raises....don't think that it can't happen

chizhead, the possibility of JF coaching at AU is remote at best and probably not a good idea.  He's a great pro coach who has never coached a day of college ball, plus, with even the very best offer AU could make for his talent he would miss out on 3-5 times that in the NFL.  He'll be coaching NFL ball in 2012.  tifwiw

Stoops, Van Gorder, Fisher. etc.  :laugh: Some of you are setting yourselves and the new coach up for a major disappointment if it isn't a big name. I fell for the Stoops rumors once and then what? I am going to wait for the announcement and will believe it when it comes out of Chizik's own mouth. It's his decision anyways, he should be given the opportunity to hire who he wants. For it is he who will have to live with the results. The problem with these rumors is when the new coach is hired and it's not one of these superstar coaches everyone will feel letdown and the perception will be that AU failed in the search. Little excitement from a non-superstar type. No way Van Gorder or Fisher takes the DC job at Auburn. But, If you are going to shoot, might as well shoot for the stars.  ;D

:we:

No way ? That sounds like a rumor to me.  :laugh:

chizhead, the possibility of JF coaching at AU is remote at best and probably not a good idea.  He's a great pro coach who has never coached a day of college ball, plus, with even the very best offer AU could make for his talent he would miss out on 3-5 times that in the NFL.  He'll be coaching NFL ball in 2012.  tifwiw

Nobody knows who the hire will be, that is a certainty, but let me address your premise. Sometimes people do reach a point in life where they have made all the money they need and other things will motivate them. I know this to be true from my own experiences. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that a person who has faced the challenge of the NFL,been successful, but sacrificed time away from the family to do that, would now think its appealing to be able to watch his Son play College football every day by being his Son's own DC for a couple years. I have seen NFL/CFB Coaches decide they wanted to Coach HS football for awhile. It actually does happen. 

Having said that, I still think that Greg Hudson @ FSU is the target.

Nobody knows who the hire will be, that is a certainty, but let me address your premise. Sometimes people do reach a point in life where they have made all the money they need and other things will motivate them. I know this to be true from my own experiences. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that a person who has faced the challenge of the NFL,been successful, but sacrificed time away from the family to do that, would now think its appealing to be able to watch his Son play College football every day by being his Son's own DC for a couple years. I have seen NFL/CFB Coaches decide they wanted to Coach HS football for awhile. It actually does happen. 

All I am saying is that the likelihood of AU offering JF the DC job at AU and his accepting is remote, at best.  Possible, sure, but most unlikely.  He's quoted earlier in the thread of not letting anything interfere with his watching his son's football games.....which he accomplished in 2011.  Many in this thread extrapolate that to mean

ad infinitum.  Like a leopard which can't change its spots, a man who has done one thing for 25 years will unlikely change his career direction.

Here's to hoping though.

WDE !!!

Seems to me that if Chizik is waiting until after the bowl games to announce his new coordinators, its probably because those coaches are involved in bowls or playoffs.  I would think that if the target coach is not currently coaching a team, there would be no reason to delay the hire, thus Fisher is not the target.  Also, I don't see naming a current NFL coach as our future DC (or OC) being detrimental to their team.  Its not like it will affect the players, it would simply delay how soon that coach could join our team.

Seems to me that if Chizik is waiting until after the bowl games to announce his new coordinators, its probably because those coaches are involved in bowls or playoffs.  I would think that if the target coach is not currently coaching a team, there would be no reason to delay the hire, thus Fisher is not the target.  Also, I don't see naming a current NFL coach as our future DC (or OC) being detrimental to their team.  Its not like it will affect the players, it would simply delay how soon that coach could join our team.

A man who has coached only in the pros then takes on the responsibility of recruiting 16, 17, 18 year olds would be a dramatic change.  tifwiw

A man who has coached only in the pros then takes on the responsibility of recruiting 16, 17, 18 year olds would be a dramatic change.  tifwiw

it is probably hudson,i agree with you,but doing one thing for 25 years,making a stash, all the while being a success,might be reason to want to try something else....from what i understand about fisher,he marches to a different drummeer,so you never know

• 2 weeks later...

Archived