Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

You can never have enough great lineman

True enough brother....especially in the hard-hitting, rough and tough, beat the hell outta each other SEC. And yes, I did try to use multiple descriptors there. But its the truth

:wareagle:

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if we are trying to sign Robinson, CK and CW, three of the top tackles in the class, are we trying to have enough OL depth to rotate linemen in and out of the lineup like rb's and wr's? Sounds silly, but that's an awful lot of talent at one position.

G Rob and C West are versatile and can play Guard if need be.

The best part of getting a recruit away from another SEC(IMO), is that it make their recruiting worse in addition to getting a good one for yourself. But that's just my opinion.

So if we are trying to sign Robinson, CK and CW, three of the top tackles in the class, are we trying to have enough OL depth to rotate linemen in and out of the lineup like rb's and wr's? Sounds silly, but that's an awful lot of talent at one position.

G Rob and C West are versatile and can play Guard if need be.

^ ^ ^ This is the key with all these guys. I think the coaches want to bring in a full class that could conceivably all line up with each other. A full line's worth of players. That would be a beast of a line: Collins, Robinson, Dismukes, Westerman, Kouandijo. Man, what a line!!

So ST, is it likely that AU loses a currently commited recruit if CK comes aboard? I'm not liking that possibility.

Not ST, but why would you think this? I'm just curious...with several of these guys being flexible along the line, why would we have a decommit just because we bring in a true tackle?

So ST, is it likely that AU loses a currently commited recruit if CK comes aboard? I'm not liking that possibility.

Not ST, but why would you think this? I'm just curious...with several of these guys being flexible along the line, why would we have a decommit just because we bring in a true tackle?

The way ST phrased, "Robinson isn't one to worry about" , has me concerned. ST has a way of saying things without coming right out with it.

The way ST phrased, "Robinson isn't one to worry about" , has me concerned. ST has a way of saying things without coming right out with it.

I haven't heard anything to make me think that any of the current commits won't be signing with Auburn. How is that?

He didnt word it as "Robinson isnt THE one to worry about" he just said "isnt one to worry about". By that, he's saying Robinson isnt a recruit who would switch. If he would've said THE one to worry about, he would be implying something. But he was just simply saying dont worry about Robinson w/o implying anything else

Ok, that's me reading into something. My bad. Thanks for the clearification ST.

Yeah, nothing to read into. I believe the only way that one of our current commits don't sign with AU is if they have to go elsewhere because of grade issues.

Ok, that's me reading into something. My bad. Thanks for the clearification ST.

Yeah, nothing to read into. I believe the only way that one of our current commits don't sign with AU is if they have to go elsewhere because of grade issues.

I thought you were talking about Collins anyway when you made that worry about statement.

If you guys remember - and you'll need to be at least upper 30's - Dye used to trade out entire offensive and defensive lines throughout the course of the game so that his best lines were fresh at the end. I don't remember if he included the center or not.

AU did this a lot this year with the D line.

Maybe they want enough good linemen to be able to play like this.

Another thing - the coaches are more realistic than a player. Player thinks he's the greatest, will start every game, never give up a sack and never get injured. Coach thinks for every 5 lineman recruited maybe 3 finish their career at the position. (Guessing at the number) Point is coach is more realistic about attrition - especially on the O line.

You have to be really old to remember the X and Y teams under Shug Jordan. He had two complete teams and they were substituted en masse. Except for the quarterbacks, they played both ways. Vince Dooley quarterbacked one team and Bobby Freeman the other. I can't remember too many of the other players names. That was during the days when substitution was very limited.

It's not always automatic for a recruit to sign with the school his brother plays for. Just look at our man Eric Smith and his brother. Is he officially on the team with the turds yet after having to greyshirt?

My parents went to AU, I went to AU, my cousins went to AU, but my brother went to thUGA. We'll know come Feb. where that big boy is going.

God how awful that must be..........

Not really. He isn't you're typical thUGA fan. My sister -n-law on the other hand is your typical thUGA fan-I can't stand her.

...so she is obnoxious and inebriated most of the time? lol

:'(  I'm obnoxious and inebriated as often as possible......do I have to root for thUGA? 

No, your job is to cancel her out!

• 2 weeks later...

We have moved into his top 5.  He is planning a visit, says that he wants to check us out.  Has been talking to the coaches and they are cool.  His brother being at Bama won't affect his decision.

Archived