Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

Just got this tweet from Auburn Rivals...Five-star Cyrus Kouandjio, the nation's No. 1 OT and No. 4 overall recruit, has scheduled an official visit to Auburn Jan. 28-30.

The 28th for Auburn is shaping up to be the biggest weekend for any team in recruiting in January

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got this tweet from Auburn Rivals...Five-star Cyrus Kouandjio, the nation's No. 1 OT and No. 4 overall recruit, has scheduled an official visit to Auburn Jan. 28-30.

The 28th for Auburn is shaping up to be the biggest weekend for any team in recruiting in January

Maybe the coaches will break out a case of the Cammy Cam Juice and get the whole bunch high on Auburn.

I agree ellitor, just makes sense. Honestly, it's one thing to flirt with NM but it's another when you're this highly rated and on a track to play on Sundays. You need the training and coaching to get there. Who is better than Grimes. You also want to have some fun winning and playing for championships. I just don't see him pulling the trigger, regardless of teh level of flirtation, for Iowa or NM. That would make it a evil empire vs. us. We have MUCH better chances of playing early. Very well could be the news ST is talking about...

I disagree with you on Iowa.  Kirk Ferentz is a great coach and has put quite a few players in the NFL, including quite a few OL.  That being said, I'd love for Cyrus to come play for AU.

Yup, Ferentz was an OL coach for Hayden Fry and Bill Belichick...

Cyrus to AU would be earth shattering...

especially to bama

Cyrus, IMO, would be one the biggest if not THE biggest pickup to immediately help our team next year.  He's all but assured a starting job.  The kid is MASSIVE, and it's not fat, it's 320 lbs of pure blocking muscle.

210759.jpg

Triangle, don't disagree on Iowa and getting to play on Sundays, but ain't going to win championships (or even compete for one) at Iowa. In the end, I just don't see him pulling the trigger for them when you have two other schools that you can get to the same place--the NFL, while having a heck of a lot more fun competing for the big trophies. Plus SEC v Big whatever. Of course, there could always be some intangible here, but since his bro went to bama, I don't think there could be many intangibles--at least for Iowa or NM. I think it's a AU v Bama battle now. And we have IMMEDIATE playing time. Can build around KF with other quality incoming OL. Logically, if that's his list of finalists, you'd have to think AU is the most logical choice. Doesn't mean his heart takes him somewhere else of course.

Plus, every time we played bama, the subtext would always be about the brothers. Lots of pub.

What big visits are set up for the 28th? Cyrus, Crowell, and anyone else?

Ward, Roberson, I believe Drew, and Wright so far.

I wouldn't be surprised if Dad & Co return to the Plains that weekend and possibly Westy & Co to aid in the process. Could be an epic weekend followed by an epic NSD!

This would be a shocker. Right now I think we have a 1% chance but you never know what will happen when you get them on campus.

We will see. Frankly I am surprised he is visiting. His brother goes to Uat. ?????

This would be a shocker. Right now I think we have a 1% chance but you never know what will happen when you get them on campus.

We will see. Frankly I am surprised he is visiting. His brother goes to Uat. ?????

correct.

Well I heard from somewhere that his brother has grown to dislike Bama because of playing time (or something like that)? Wow that sounds familiar.

As much as I want this guy, I think that we have 0 chance of getting him.

I think ya need to put a 10 in front of that zero.  Westy and Cyrus will be wearing O&B and I don't think you will need to wait until NSD to find out! Two good reasons that CJG decided to stay in Auburn!

WDE!

CJG may be the one good reason they may both come. Him staying at Auburn over his home state school speaks a lot to recruits.

Cyrus, IMO, would be one the biggest if not THE biggest pickup to immediately help our team next year.  He's all but assured a starting job.  The kid is MASSIVE, and it's not fat, it's 320 lbs of pure blocking muscle.

210759.jpg

Thats just not fair for an 18 yr old "kid" to be built like a stinkin freight train!!

210759.jpg

Thats just not fair for an 18 yr old "kid" to be built like a stinkin freight train!!

Any of these top guys have a good shot at PT, as long as they don't feel entitlement.

210759.jpg

If you want to see another picture of him, grab your dictionary and look up "ripped"...good grief, that's just not right! 320 lbs and 4% body fat? Ridiculous.

210759.jpg

If you want to see another picture of him, grab your dictionary and look up "ripped"...good grief, that's just not right! 320 lbs and 4% body fat? Ridiculous.

I think i'm 40% body fat, Red!

210759.jpg

I would love to have this guy but I can promise you from the picture that he is a lot more than 4% body fat.

210759.jpg

I would love to have this guy but I can promise you from the picture that he is a lot more than 4% body fat.

sorry guys, but body builders shoot for 4% on competition days...that's in a dehydrated state.  Big Cyrus may be lean, but he's not that lean.

Archived